Dynamical Objectives - Match objective re-work

I definitely would love for everything to be random.

permamedkits need to go, along for the reinforcement showing up (colored instead of greyout) either all colored or all greyed out. it would benefit both

1 Like

By random i meant like… u wont be able to like go out and leave your team to pre set the entire mission lol… i mean you probably could like spend entire 30 minutes leaving your team and just end up being killed by predator probably

But yeah by random i meant its gonna shuffle trough the objectives, locations… and each match will have its own unique path to take or flow which allows predator plebs to take a chill pill and like if they want they can take 5 min just scaring the fireteam lol and not attacking.

The reinforcements needs to be made so like it has its own heli come back or something and it wont notify the predator but the predator will have to rely on like noises and chopper noises and fresh footprints to actually get to the chopper and like get there on time and keep stalking them

Or it can be kept to notify predator… i dont mind either way if its longer missions

Ya you said it was RNG based.

If that was viable the game would be broken

Most of your ideas are roleplay, not actual stratagy

You only need one. And that has the problem of an OBJ being unbalanced. By mistake of course.

Ya but the problem with stealth is it’s inherent to stealth.

Nope I genuinely love that idea. A 3-D map with footprints and other tracking features genuinely makes me like the idea of removing TI.

1 Like

Isn’t RNG used to randomly shuffle trough the objectives? cause technically they would need to make this folder when developing this and program it so it picks random 20 or so objectives from the hat…

so like they do at least 200 objectives and put them in this hat and then make this RNG system that picks and shuffles trough the objectives and makes like this pre generated unknown played level… so u wont be able to remember it unless u got photographic memory and u can like memorize it all … so u can like probably be able to still do well on levels if you try but its rare unless u spent a full year only memorizing levels and all possible ways to do them and how doing them affects them… but u get the point…

I mean lol you can play like its roleplay… so what i got from your brain is… your brain thought of this as roleplay which is fine… but it can be thought of something more… i played against predators who came just last second before the chopped came to exfil… and honestly even for a person like me it always made me feel like he would come out any second lol cause we are done…

Not really no cause the thing they will program for this RNG shuffle system is to give always fireteam an 50 50 system at start… so both sides start of fresh and the more they build their way upwards and make it viable then the odds of doing the mission clean will be more realistic, but if u have a team which is trolling and alerting everyone the mission will take longer… giving predator like more info to go from and find you… but in the end you can’t fail in the game or fail a mission… unless u consider being killed by predator a failure lol… like anything u do wont actually affect the outcome of finishing the mission, it will just make it longer to complete causing more interactions with predator… even tho u do them perfectly u wont be able to speedrun them, the objectives will also last atleast 10 minutes… and if doing them incorrectly and not pay attention it can take upto 15 minutes or more lol… or u can just stall and not do the missions at all and just go rods blazing and attract predator and kill him…

This one i don’t really understand properly, can you explain more and give me a situational example?

Id like to see the removal of the minimaps on both sides, it makes it more immersive and it coukd actually allow a predator player to isolate other players.

It would also make chasing a pred more risky if he loses the rest of his team

1 Like

That would be gold but i doubt the they would go to the extents of adding it cause only few people would appreciate that lol… also predator map would be inaccurate as it would rely on the data the target isolation pulse scans give it… like think of it as passive interactive map that allows predators to get to the location later than what happened… and they have to use the data like seeing footprints to follow their prey…

And to make it even more strategical and patience based… the footprints the map will collect will have AI footprints, fireteam footprints and Animal footprints… which opens doors to illfonic adding more animals under the animal footprints lol…

All in all, i would like pred to be able to influence outcome of missions. If he can’t take on FT straight up, he should be able to delay them.

I think your idea works great for randoms, tho they likely don’t speed run the missions. Vets will still learn all the nuances and be ready for any possibility. This will extend the game a bit, but the feel will likely be the same. Its just that we don’t get this kind of content often enough is what the problem is. If there was more variety to maps and missions it wouldn’t be so easy to memorize the patterns

3 Likes

Yeah thats what i am saying lol it would pretty much all be the same except u wont be able to know where to go so if one guy decided to go explore on his own the team will most likely be keen to losing rather than full blown winning n shit with 3 people unless u waste a reinforcement…

Umm but yeah the vets wont be able to predict where anything is really… i mean in the end it will all come down to like knowing how to deal with it and making ur own strategies if you are a pre made and friends ur obviously gonna have a handful with learning

1 Like

I am a bit concerned that if randomness or length of missions may force illdonic to buff FT more and we’ll be going to a cycle of patches where they yet agsin try to figure it out and were back to balance 101

These are momentous changes and it took them 3-4 months just to fix the hotboxes and some bugs.

At this point i kind feel like, just give us new modes, maps and characters and keep bugs to a minimum.

1 Like

There is a slight chance they will if they dont add the target isolation re work where you wont be able to find fireteam so easily… and when you do you should be rewarded honestly, if they dont manage to kill you thats kinda on them… and if they do manage to put you in second wind and they chase you and fail to kill you when you are weak, that is on them cause they failed… but also if they just leave you be and they just go hide and lose your sight, you are gonna have to trace them back.

1 Like

I just feel that the short missions need to have more objectives tacked on and reinforcements should make you have to select a different loadout

I thought about it and a 3 v 12 will be a cluster fuck if they keep doing these small maps… the map needs to be like at least 3 times of what excavation is really…

2 Likes

I hope it would work that way

For sure. Either a huge msp or one that is difficult to transverse

It would be nice to have a map where you’d feel like you could get lost in

1 Like

Overall, I totally agree with what you’re saying.

However, you got me thinking, what would be the easiest way to fix this particular problem. I think one player should be able to complete the mission, but it should take longer.

The simplest quick fix would be to increase the number of elements per sub objective to 4 for as many missions as possible. That would encourage teams to make the choice to split up and finish the mission quickly, move as a group and finish the mission slowly, or if only one person is completing the objectives, it’s going to take much more time to finish.

2 Likes

The missions are a complete afterthought in this game, they need a major rework. Having the objectives for each mission occur in multiple places is a good start, as for some longer missions, like the water pipe one, I usually go ahead and complete objectives before Zeus says to go do that because I know where they are and there are so few missions.

Additionally, going somewhere and holding F isn’t engaging and nearly every instance of that should be replaced by some kind of minigame. Defusing the predator is a fun little minigame, but it’s also pointless if you’re level 150, but all of the mission objectives are just going somewhere and holding a button and waiting with no actual engagement.

4 of the 5 players in each match are FT members, and are ostensibly supposed to be doing the missions until the predator shows up or to complete the mission and get out, and yet the missions are just incredibly, incredibly, incredibly boring.

Facing the AI will never be as interesting as facing the Pred, but that doesn’t warrant the Devs giving the FT’s “objective” absolutely NO love.

4 Likes

@Coffee2Go you know I always love your topics and ideas but let’s be honest ain’t none of this effort iz worth it at all :(

I appreciate the fact ur keep the forum alive tho

Damn more great ideas 😂👍

Because bananas are superior to melons, there I said it.

1 Like