Excavation(day) frames drop horribly(stutters) when getting shot by plasma weapons and also when looking at the sun!!

Try the other way around. Turn limits on.

I tried that many times before, but not after this last update. Will give it a try.

Essentially yeah, you’ll switch it from Bluetooth to USB but if you have a wireless controller with a long usb charger it should work.

Right. I guess I can handle that. Thanks for the tip man! Will give it a try later today.
I just want to point out that it is… Baffling how they find a workaround, but do not fix the damn thing.

So it worked for a private match, but then I was in publics and it was back and strong. Will keep running tests.

Just got Excavation Day in QP, can confirm the fucking thing drops to like 10 frames per second, if even that, when you look anywhere close to the sky. If you’re inside or looking at the ground, its fine. Look even slightly towards the horizon or up and bam: runs like dogshit. Basically unplayable.

2 Likes

That’s exactly my case! I was so happy when it worked, but it was only once. I got the drop one match right after.

sun going super nova on your fps moment

2 Likes

Update.
There is still FPS drop on Excavation on PS5.
And at Stargazer camp on Backwater on enlighted locations.

1 Like

I think it happens also on HEADQUARTERS day. Is something about the light fx or shaders or too many assets on screen so much that it chokes the damn console memory (PS4 at least). Or all those mentioned factors combined.

1 Like

Right!!! That’s the one north-west, right? The game almost freezes for me in that specific camp. The rest of the map works kinda fine.

Just to clarify, are any PC players experiencing this issue? Or just PS4 and PS5?

Also, please keep bug reports on topic to the bug at hand. It’s very confusing to troubleshoot otherwise.

Regarding the fps drop, I have PS4 Pro. One friend of mine with the same issue is on Slim I believe, I am just sure it’s not Pro, as he doesn’t have the chance to limit/unlimit the fps. @moralez is on PS5 I believe.

1 Like

Yes. I have the game on PC also and after i don’t know what patch, the FPS became a problem on Excavation watchin at sun light, or during explosions or plasma shots.
Only solution was lowering the graphic settings.
PC specs:
CPU: i7 10750H
Video: RTX 2060 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB

1 Like

Exactly. That one.

I’m on PC and it’s happening to me as well now, think it started this patch or patch before. Just happens on excavation for me when I look up at the sky in certain areas my frames will stutter.

RTX 3070
32gb RAM

1 Like