Exclusivity. Authenticity. Singularity.

Good before you say anything… please repeat the thing i said in your mind, i will try my best to like pull you out of the avg human social standpoint view for video games… in this case i want to explain to you what devs fail to do in games like asymmetrical genres.

So… where should i begin…

do ask me questions i will be glad to explain whatever you are confused with… but i must know precise what ur confused

moral of my doings are to help people and devs them self to understand the point of video games and asymmetrical games…

Asymmetrical games are meant to be unpredictable, have RNG in them… non-repetitive

all the stuff this game fails to satisfy the criteria.

Okay, lets see this.
Your first point is just wrong. With 10 predator classes and 8 soldier classes, making sure all have a male and female option leaves you with 10 predator classes and 8 soldier classes. All that’s changing is the looks. So I can use the stats on a class I like and use the looks I want on it.
As to the “exclusives” having classes with forced loadouts is less variety. Keeping weapons and gear away from other classes is less variety.
It would not be better to take away choices because some football player has a rocket launcher. It would in fact be much worse.
And what’s with this differentiating males and females. If all classes had both, it wouldn’t impact your exclusivity idiocy anyway.
You seem to fail to grasp basic concepts.
If the Samurai came out with the Katana, and everytime you chose the Samurai you had to use the Katana, and no one but the Samurai can use the Katana, that is less variety, because you will never see a Samurai without a Katana, and you will never see any other class with a Katana. Now which offers more variety, any class using any weapon, or specific classes forced to use specific weapons?
The variety of Body 1/2 in all classes is not mechanical, its cosmetic, being able to personalize what you look like while playing. I don’t want to look like dutch, but I do want his mud resistance, but I have to choose. Either take the passive and look like Dutch, or leave the class behind.
This 3 hunter class point shows just how stupid you are. For mechanical variety, it doesn’t matter what colours everything is, just what weapons you hold. The hunter class is a good middle ground on stats, nothing too high or low. The sickle is a fast hitting melee weapon, good for quick strikes. The hammer gives that dazed effect, making it good to mask your movements. The katana deals bleed damage, allowing one hit to deal more damage even as you leap away. The choice in weapon will effect how I play the hunter class. Playing keep away with these weapons just because they were in a DLC means that I won’t have the option to give my hunter class any of these weapons. This means I have less variety when choosing my loadouts. These different weapons are variety because they do and act differently. The hunter being female won’t change the mechanics, but it will give me the option to make this loadout look female, for personalization, not gameplay.
The only thing I’m speechless about is how dense one person can be.

I agree with your take but having arguments with one another about only weapons is not gonna cut it…

Majority of people don’t even use weapons anymore cause if you get close you will get 1v1 parried until the team comes at you and sends you to second wind… and if you are using net gun + bow for example you will most likely have to swap to your wrist blades only… cause like if you use any other weapon it takes long and you probably dont wanna risk not running bow incase they fk up your bio mask that allows you to aim your plasma…

So bow is a must lol… and so is net gun…

which leaves you to only wrist blades usage…

And on top of that to me that sounds like devs doing a bad job at keeping this game an asymmetrical game.

and i paid 45€ for an asymmetrical predator game.

not some repetitive pvp game

I think the devs understand the point of video games.

What does the word Class mean?

Wonderful question!

so classes in asymmetrical games are not classes the way they are in most games such as RPG genres…

What classes are in asymmetrical games, they are called Starting parameters

"Games with asymmetric starting parameters have players that are identical except for different resources or positions at the start of the game. Think how players choose different settlement positions in Catan, which give them different strengths and weaknesses despite interacting with the game in the same way.”"

Then with that you have Abilities which are included with starting paramaters

““Asymmetric abilities are the first category where players are fundamentally different and may have opportunities that were never available — or feasible — for other players. Players are still following the same rules, but have unique traits: discounts on certain resources, extra actions, different health. This is a very common tactic in cooperative games like Pandemic, where each player is given a special role to play.””

• Asymmetric abilities can be present at the beginning of the game or develop as a game progresses.

Ok so this is still class-specific abilities.
Which is what Disciplined is. “Fundamentally different and have abilities that were never available or feasible for others”

Was gonna say u got it but u said the stuff in “”" you still dont get it that predator is asymmetrical game and to make it asymmetrical it needs to not have locked abilities… it must have universal abilities all around to make it asymmetrical game and have high replayability making it non repetitive gameplay.

Asymmetrical game rules:

Asymmetric rules are the most extreme form of asymmetry. Players are engaging in fundamentally different games. Beyond having different powers, they may interact with different pieces, or use pieces in different ways. This kind of asymmetry is difficult to separate from the other forms. The fact that players are playing by different rules means they will almost certainly have different resources, goals, abilities, etc.

Game replayability:

"Asymmetry can make games more interesting to play repeatedly. Players can spice things up by playing a new role. Different abilities create unique dynamics on each play through. The ways that asymmetries interact in a game will create a combinatorial explosion in the number of strategies, tactics, etc."

Asymmetric abilities and starting parameters are the best way to nudge players into different strategies while still competing for the same things. If you’re comfortable with players diverging in what they want (and potentially interacting less), asymmetric goals are also powerful.

lol says who?

All of the asymmetrical games that have locked abilities?

Gee I dont remember putting maggie’s dog on Lazarus or hags traps on myers because thats SHIT FOR BALANCE.

Maggies dog was a passive ability that devs decided to give it to you without u being able to change it… its what made the trapper class a class that allowed passive ability to sniff out and track the monster.

Same as you have classes in predator that have passive abilities such as zerk having passive defense against bullets and explosions and scout having faster sprint and energy.

If you really want to know i played support class for 2k hours straight as an combat support instead of more shield support… i built my support class to be giving more damage and tank the damage… i was on par with assault damage.

In evolve you had ability to be something else than u were given by devs

Yeah a unique class locked ability because maggie is a trapper not the medic.
You cant even swap weapons in Evolve.
PHG is VERY VERY VERY liberal already letting you run recon with a grenade launcher.

Good lets talk about PHG liberal state… and how asymmetrical games like PHG concept works

Diverse strategies:

Oftentimes, there will be one dominant — or easier — strategy. By giving players unique powers or resources, you can nudge them to explore more extreme or niche positions within the game. If players are all trying to play the same way, asymmetry is a good way to get them to be more creative.

This is what people call metas… and people follow meta builds… its up to people to decide what to go for in terms of strategies… you cant have an asymmetrical game where both sides are the same and locked…

As i said i am up for anything as long as it means having universal stuff in game.

No you didnt lol. Doing damage as a support doesnt make you an assault.
you’re complaining about being streamlined because you cant put disciplined on zerk. That’s it.
Pick a different class if you want to play with disciplined.

Without realizing that other classes dont need to have stuff like field medic and analyst universally available because its trash for balance and people just stack damage and hp. And as much as you go dururuduruplayerfreedom everyone just ran the exact same setup prior to this patch

Asymmetrical refers to PRED VS FT
A “universal” class isnt a class its just a skin.

If i was complaining i would be doing this for the sake of only me, which is not the case.

So if i were to tell you… yo @Finessology can you pick some else mood to talk to me or change your tone… you are being really annoying.

how would you feel? That’s how i feel right now. FYI

Listen if you are afraid or feared people will be only running deadly on support, that is on them… they will be risking on being locked in that build that they decided to go for in that match.

I don’t get what else is to be confused about here… i pretty much laid out every data for you and information ,yet you are still trying to shut me down, go off my stereotypical video game design that you think works just cause people liked it in past… you are still in huge denial even after i politely present you the info and try to help you ease into it that devs messed up the entire concept for this game and caused mayhem between the players on the forums… and they btw yoinked ur 45€

Umm no you are totally wrong there. let me quote epic games store.

No you are also totally wrong, sorry but its true… im literally presenting you like repetitive data that you keep denying… for a day now… and you are still going on and on about the same thing… yet im still presenting you shit ton of proper data and information about something that’s true… on the thing that you are wrong about.

lol running the best specializations in the game is not to their detriment

Ok. Thanks for confirming it works?

Yes, its an asymmetrical 1v4.

???

It is tho? Its how homosaphiens species work… people choose the most logical and simple way to win in life.

Yet im here to prove u that not everyone is like that and i want to and i did play zerk as scout or hunter back in the day cause the balance was way off and perks didnt work… but yeh its fixed now but if specializations get to be universal i will go back to my zerk build and play it like he is scout or hunter… or hybrid.

Thats such an arogant way of replying on this, this is why humans are dooming them selves and devolving while tech is evolving yet they are using it to devolve them selves cause they think they can just follow one thing and be over with it.

Stereotypical avg standpoint in society.

Yes it involves or it should involve envioremental play here too… except devs are yet still failing to satisfy in that field and making their players get used to this current state of game which is totally wrong for an asymmetrical concept like this.

Whats so hard to understand, you have been repeating the same thing over and over to me with different wording while i have been giving u fresh new information that keeps denying your statement about the game lol…

Its not that hard to understand that you are wrong here and so are the devs and majority of people here trying to shut me down my speech that offends them cause im standing up for something that was supposed to be but its not.

So people are calling me an insane person for saying something thats a true fact… yeah okay buddy its not that hard to understand lol…

I know that you think very low of me and you think im dooming the game with this idea but you and so many more people are wrong, i also had a perfect plan to save evolve it the devs just listened but they decided to like milk the financial state of the game cause game concept was so original and golden that people were so blind to see that devs are just trying to make their players blind and forced on the current game state…

Even i didnt mind the game as it was cause it was so damn fun out of the start and i could play support class as if i was a trapper or an assault or a medic even… and i ran meta builds too and sometimes i ran builds that made me op in smth else but i sacrificed wins and other gameplay structures.

Its not that hard to understand that with all of my posts about “re-working” the game on the current gameplay concept im trying to help the game survive and help both devs and players get their worth of shares… so devs get the money while players get quality gameplay they paid for 45€

I dont understand how any one of you are not ashamed of making fun of me like that and saying that im complaining about specializations… for all i care im just fine with playing jungle hunter and ruining people fun by netting them and quick claim and plasma spam… but thats what making me feel so fucking sick and sad about the game concept… its ruining everything that i loved about the predator franchise by me playing it like that or seeing people play it like that.

Devs have an ability to change that and make it into something so great if they just listened to all my steps…

Gonna be honest the way you define asymmetrical would classify MOBAS and MMO’s as asymmetrical games

1 Like

Isnt WoW actually an asymmetrical game?

Cant u run healer with like stuff that only works for idk tank class…

Or like when i play LoL i play archer class but i make the class something that is not archer to spice it up…

I always like make my archer have strong armor and health lol…

When i know most people run shit like fast speed and dmh

WoW in it’s early days were as you could literally be a warlock and tank stuff And Ret paladins could be healers and dps

though now it’s a lot more linear in what classes can do

1 Like

And u know why is that… cause society aka majority people decided that u should lock out people fun to make it more “stable”

Excatly the word linear is what im explaining the state of predator gameplay game.

All people here attacked me for no reason trying to improve predator to not be so linear… i want the gameplay to be more dynamic