Favorite video game

I had to dock you points for listing undertale but you picked the best Halo

And the best Dark Souls. Majula was great idc what purists say.

2 Likes

Undertale is unironically a good game i will forever be salty it didnā€™t win Best OST in 2015

MGSV didnā€™t deserve it

Dark souls purists hated DS2 cause it had a stat that affected I-frames and itā€™s world didnā€™t make sense from a Geographical perspective if you pay attention to where your moving and such so they hated it some would say they hated the movement but the movement allowed for fantastic pvp situations via weapon variety

and yeah iā€™d agree Scholar was strictly a worse version ofthe game

and Halo reach is the best one so much better than 3 i remember getting to rank Inheritor? i think it was called

1 Like

Both of these game games have 1 memorable soundtrack. Let me guess sins of the father and meglovania

Drakenguard 3 has the best soundtrack even though the director openly admits his games arent fun at all and he doesnā€™t know why Nier Automata is popular either.

RDR2, Iā€™ve never had a game that emotionally impact me like that game did. Wish I could play it over for the first time again.

2 Likes

lol back when VGA wasnt just a sony title winning all categories

iā€™d say undertale has waaay more memorable soundtracks Heartache bonetrousle Undertale Asgoreā€™s theme battle against a true hero (My personal favorite from the OST) and Hopes and dreams and save the world CORE and even Gasterā€™s theme a character who only has a .2% chance of appearing in a single run

i can name nearly a dozen indie artists who got there careers kickstarted from UTā€™s music itā€™s just no contest UTā€™s music was more memorable and iconic for itā€™s time

itā€™s use of Leimotifā€™s are legendary

Also i remember enjoying Nier automata alot

1 Like

You can still play. People still play online

But are the ultimate mappack servers active?

I just remember people playing the base MP last year with the UMP servers empty ):

Oh right I remember this one too. You might enjoy the LISA games if you havenā€™t played them if you like the surprisingly good soundtracks.

I did enjoy the LISA titles when i played them in 2019 i think was when i played them the painful is the best one i think out of them

Nice list
Havenā€™t heard of Kenshi but the others are great

2 Likes

I feel this is much of what keeps this game afloat as well as it does.

To answer the post though. The halo series. I dont read books or watch much tv so stories for me were told in mostly games, and of all of them, none I can relate to as much as halo

2 Likes

Well Halo is amazing whether itā€™s the gameplay, the stories (not Halo 5), or just the god tier soundtracks (again not Halo 5).

2 Likes

Sandbox RPG. Try it out. Bit grindy at first but really fun once you re-attach a couple limbs and get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Halo books are definitely worth a read and I usually hate tie-in novels.

1 Like

No Manā€™s Sky for me. Sadly, space exploration for your average Joe like me is just out of reach in current times. But for as long as I can remember, I always looked to the stars in wonder and joy. To see the unseen, explore the unexplored and be engulfed in the strange wonders of the universe. To feel the universeā€™s grasp on you as you feel so tiny and powerless is an immense feeling. One that No Manā€™s Sky for me simulates so well. Especially when in VR. There is no feeling quite like it. A game that offers me an entire universe to explore. How can I possibly pass that up?

And they just constantly expand on the game for free without asking for a penny more than the base game and have been doing so for 4+ years now and they show no sign of stopping. It had itā€™s shit launch, and itā€™s still got itā€™s bugs. But for me this game is all I ever wanted and more. I canā€™t wait to see where the game will be in a few years time and see what other crazy stuff they add for people to discover and explore. Itā€™s a game that can only get better as it goes on and I love it.

1 Like

You ever hear of elite dangerous?
Itā€™s a more realistic space travel sim, a bit more anyway than no mans sky.

Itā€™s more complex but theres more to the game, than no mans sky.
I bought it recently and Iā€™m looking forward to playing it.

Be warned tho, it is complex.

1 Like

Also no mans sky is pretty fun.

1 Like

I have. In fact I was actually thinking about picking it up once that update drops when they let you walk on planets. Might look a bit more into it again before I do though. I donā€™t think itā€™ll top No Manā€™s Sky for me though. Iā€™m more into the more strange and obscure things no manā€™s sky offers like the really crazy anomaly planets and bizarre alien creatures than the realism of elite dangerous which is why Iā€™d probably still prefer NMS. But elite dangerous does look fun too.

1 Like

I was about to recommend this because I hate no manā€™s sky loop of mining rocks so you can upgrade to mine more rocks.

Starbound felt like its planets mattered a little bit more.

I get that, but I like just traveling and exploring in games, so seeing the rng system coming with different stuff is kinda cool.

However I wish there was more to it.
Like I feel the anomaly planets should lead to secret bosses and what not.