Fireteam Tutorial

Okay, let me take a crack at this real quick. I’ve commented and posted a few times about it but I’ll bring it up again because I still feel it’s a critical element to gameplay that will really help the devs in balancing asymmetrical play.

Step 1. Basics - You drop into the tutorial map and are given the basic controls run down, just like the Predator. Sprint, slide, mudding up, weapon switches to demonstrate movement speed changes with what you’re currently equipped.
Step 2. Spotting and interacting - Introduce the spotting mechanic and it’s function on map items. Spot ammo crates, med kits, VT piles. Spot and disable camp alarms, interact with computer.
Step 3. Combat - The end of step two spawns a 3 FT bots to simulate a full team. You will have the option and instruction on silencers and specializations at this point. You’re then tasked to complete an objective (a take out the target mission). You enter a camp, you’re choice to go loud or go stealth. If you go loud, the alarm is raised, A.I. swarm just like regular hunt match. Go quiet, same result as in match. No A.I. swarm, quick clean objective.
Step 4. Exfil/Predator - Now the fun begins. Predator bot is loaded in along with A.I. when you complete the mission objectives and get the clear for exfil. One member of the FT will separate during the engagement and be downed and you will have to revive. The Predator is not engaging just yet, just circling and stalking. This is for practice at spotting and picking up spots (A.I. FT will spot based on range and position, but not spam). Once the camp is cleared the Predator will engage, if/when you or A.I. FT are in the open they’ll get a PC shot for being visible. If you stray too far from the FT (8m?), Predator insta downs you, happens 3 times you’re stealth killed. You make it to exfil, the chopper is already there. You rope out and tutorial complete.

Opinions? Suggestions? Any input is good

4 Likes

Yesss this is a great idea. It will help a long way for the balance of the game too so the Devs can stop balancing the game around vegetables that don’t know what they’re doing.

I especially like the idea that they get downed if they go too far away from their team. Hopefully that’ll teach the potatoes to not run away from their team.

I think a FT tutorial is needed at this point because I don’t think I can take another patch dedicated to helping vegetables which only just makes the already good players unstoppable while the vegetables still suck. 🥴

1 Like

Haven’t they just discovered a load of tutorial missions in the datamined stuff?

1 Like

Did they? I didn’t see anything on that. Just airfield, snow, and a few more masks

Indeed, you can make the FT 2 bullet down the pred and potatoes will still potato their skulls onto the Predator’s belt

1 Like

Shameless self bump

1 Like

Nothing shameless about wanting something as important as this to be implemented. Illfonic take some notes about this because I think we’re all getting a little tired of the FT buffs.

1 Like

Self Bumping cuz I mentioned it on the Dev stream.
While it seems it could be self explanatory to play FT…it’s really not

1 Like

Thank you for helping newer peeps out!

1 Like