FT players, why do you enjoy fireteam?

Im curious what the fun factor is for you.?

1 Like

I like the chance to kill the predator even if its not 100% guaranteed. Plus its fun being on the side that makes the game playable because without FT how much fun would it be to just jump around and kill AI. Especially since the AI in this game is a complete joke. If you find that fun ok but for how long.

3 Likes

Parrying predators and saving a teammate feels nice regardless of how anyone feels about my humble butterknife. Iā€™m waiting for sword fights.

1 Like

Clapping predator cheeks. And then the occasional time that a predator is good it gets super fun

3 Likes

More money, play as a real team make you almost invincible, wait 30 sec for a game not 10 minutes, I really love play as the pred but still queu time is way too long

5 Likes

I like the fact that Iā€™m being hunted and having to be aware of my surroundings 24/7
I like the matches where the predator makes it difficult and doesnā€™t let up. Itā€™s like the movie lol

7 Likes

So I assume the general consensus is that you all prefer being able to kill predator easily? and dont mind that almost every match devolves into 5 minute roflstomps on either side?

1 Like

I like the challenge of a long gruesome match where you actually have to revive teammates lol

1 Like

I enjoy Fireteam immensely. Iā€™ve found a great team of guys I regularly FT with and itā€™s never boring. Thereā€™s a huge difference between the experience and enjoyment you have when playing with a coordinated, focused team that is communicating constantly and covering each other and a Fireteam that isnā€™t communicating, guessing their roles, racing ahead and fighting over objectives.

We have a decent success rate against Predators, when we lose to a skilled Predator it gives us chance to pause and discuss what we could have done to prevent the loss. Itā€™s a really healthy experience, we learn something new every session and the guys are just all round awesome people.

This is the first FPS game Iā€™ve played and also the first asymetrical, team orientated game Iā€™ve played and itā€™s totally unique to anything Iā€™ve played before. Illfonic have done an outstanding job keeping true to the original feel of the 87 movie, and have exceeded my expectations of what I imagined this game to be.
Fireteam is where itā€™s atšŸ‘ŒšŸ¼šŸ’Æ

5 Likes

Nah, Iā€™d prefer being able to complete the mission and exfil with my skull attached after having had to fight for every inch of ground because of the Predator player.

Itā€™s a rush when you get engaged by the Predator and proceed to kick itā€™s ass back to Yautja Prime, donā€™t get me wrong. As long as we actually had to fight for it, it feels like an accomplishment. Iā€™d rather leave the Predator barely alive watching us escape, than dead because I imagine thatā€™s the best experience for all players.

7 Likes

Iā€™m a Pred main but I like the Fireteam now and then for a varied perspective of the same maps. It helps me improve my pred gameplay and the seeing other hunters helps me improve my tactics.

2 Likes

play FT because when I play this game I play with 2 other people. Canā€™t group play predators sooooo itā€™s FT.

Game stays interesting as a FT because you donā€™t know how the games are going to go, what kind of predator are you vs, is he better than your group? is he new? is he experienced? Adds a decent dynamic to the game.

2 Likes

Well itā€™s easy if they suck

Unless they are doing really good on their end, most of the time it ranges to VERY easy, to mildly annoying. Only A grade Preds against a really good FT stand a chance.

1 Like

co op aspect.

1 Like

I like it. Its fun to complete the objectives and try killing the Predator if he appears. I also like fighting against the NPCs. I like to play as both Fireteam and Predator.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually tense. Like a good healthy tense. Predator mains complain all the time bc the expectation is to win or be frustrated. I go into FT expecting to shit myself and die.

Itā€™s a lot easier on me mentally. I donā€™t beat myself up and thatā€™s enjoyable gaming

3 Likes

because its challenging, playing as Pred is way too easy, as FT 9 of 10 games youll get trash teammates so its actually hard

2 Likes

I like play as FT because some fights can be so intense when Predator is running and jumping to trees and you see arrows or plasma from trees
I have once match where predator choose fight from distance but from the groundā€¦i didnt expect thatā€¦literally teammate was looking on the tree šŸ˜‚
That fight was nice

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. but Im curious, do you prefer how casual the game is? or would you prefer something slower paced, and more hardcore?

I just finally finished my rework guide. I think its in a state where I can positively say that it would shift the game into a literal, Predator, Hunting ground.

You can read here if youā€™d like. I need lots of feedback.