Fuck this game...

Why play as a Predator? You feel like fucking prey, getting shot from 200m away with pinpoint accuracy even when cloaked constantly. Then you have to deal with clunky ass pred weapons that dont even hit when you aim right at a target, arrows and shit just going right through without doing damage.
Weapons that are utterly useless at range anyway, and if you get within 50m of the FT they instantly know where you are… trust me, its not hard to find Preds.
Only clueless PS4 FT wont instantly know where a Pred is, just running around doing their mission when the rest of the team is tearing the Pred to bits.

And is if that was not enough, the frikkin’ wait times…

4 Likes

I win 90% of my predators matches. Im not the best predator but i know how to play as him

Git gud scrub. Jkjk try cross map spear throw collateral sniping all 4 for quick EZ damage

1 Like

Same here… I also dont trust people that say they win 90% of matches imo… like i was on the same path since patch 1.06 until it just got worse…

My winrate dropped to like winning barley 80% and that is me tryharding as a breserker… its just shit and not fun and disgusting gameplay lately…

3 Likes

Dont mean to be condescending… But then you’ve yet to face any halfway decent PC player, or even a good PS4 player.
As FT, I tend to wreck Preds all day long. And I dont even abuse the low settings shit.

As Pred, I always get spotted easily. Just now on Derailed I was getting lit up by the one warehouse you cant get inside all the way from the “base/compound” thing, I was cloaked and all. Lit up by assault rifles at that distance.
Hell, at that distance its hard to even see a moving cloaked target with 10x Scope. And I was getting hit over and over. Shit like that happens all the time.

3 Likes

It doesn’t help with the reinforcements either. You bust your ass off killing a good fireteam so you should be rewarded for that right? Nope not on this game. Instead a massive middle finger pops up on the screen and a message that says “fuck you, do it again but with less gear” and you’re forced to either watch the fireteam escape or get your shit pushed in all because the game rewarded the fireteam for dying. Add that onto all of the other bullcrap the predator has to put up with it becomes more frustrating than fun knowing the game pushes the pred into a corner and makes them feel helpless while the fireteam are guided every step.

6 Likes

Right now… I dont even trust other PC players. I see a lobby with 2+ PC players when I try to get some enjoyment out of the titular character I tend to quit out. Either I get hackers or settings abusers, with shit ping as well.

I mean… I know I am fairly good as FT… But I wont be spotting or hitting any Preds that are cloaked and moving from a good distance away. Aside from the odd guessed lucky grenade shot that is… and no way am I lighting them up like I was standing 20m away at 100m+…

1 Like

Im not gonna lie but i still win the good fireteam players but i will most deff lose againts full PC team… even if i play ranged zerker they will chase me down wont let me eat pig… they are literalls the predator and im prey…

While good PS4 players ive gone againts only won againts me if the pigs dont spawn but thats literally it… the game is not fun either way…

WIN DOES NOT FEEL LIKE A FUCKING WIN

WIN FEELS LIKE U WANT TO SHUT DOWN PC AND DONT PLAY THE GAME AT ALL FOR A DAY

WIN MAKES YOU FEEL DISGUSTED

1 Like

I’ve started not using cloak as much when I try to first infiltrate the FT since the predator clicks give you away. I also stay out of the trees when I am trying to infiltrate since it’s so easy to get spotted, unless I am doing a ranged build. The cloak is great but you have to be stationary or slowly walking, which PC cannot do. It can be frustrating for sure, but I am still having fun as FT and Predator.

Have not had fun as Pred since the mid june patch… and, right now. Cant be arsed to qeue up as Pred again.

Even as FT these days I dont take it seriously. Instead I try running around to get Veritanium. Why rush the damn mission? Preds are barely scary. Sure, if I am alone vs a Pred… I’m probably gonna get wrecked, but the Pred will also generally have to go shoot up or eat bacon after.

2 Likes

Im same with you on fireteam. As predator i win most of my matches, there some teams that do decent damage but if someone gets downed there fucked. I mostly get killed because of stealth kills

Playing as predator is not for everyone, it requires patience and tactics. And its pretty frustating to get killed.

I think the best way I can describe this situation is that the fireteam are like the favourite child of this game and predator is neglected and left in a corner.

Playing as the fireteam has gotten so stale because of how easy it is, even with randoms I find most of the time it can be a cake walk. You have poor objective designs that are simple and can be completed so quickly. You also have dumb AI that are barely noticeable until they call in reinforcements.

You’re basically getting everything handed to you that it’s not even fun. You have high damage weapons, Tons of gear that can be resupplied, You can heal yourself and teammates a ridiculous amount of times, you get to come back when you’re dead (which completely sucks the fear factor out of the game), you get all your gear back when you come back and your weapons are easy to use because their hit scan and aren’t projectiles.

As for the predator, the neglected child in this case, you feel like you’re pushed into a corner. No matter what you do, the fireteam can do sevenfold and counter it so easily. You have ranged weapons that expose your location and do piss poor damage, you have the awful clunky melee that gets negated because of the parry that stuns you in place, and the melee weapons do barely any damage considering how easily they’re countered. You have cloak that is most of the time not worth using, you really can’t be stealthy because of the constant loud noises you make really your only advantages are predkour, second wind and the pigs. Which compared to the advantages fireteam have, it really doesn’t suffice.

1 Like

Oh dude i would wish if i can play with patience and stealth… u have no idea how much i played matches by just planning and trying to play it stealthy… but they can literally see you from anywhere lol… and especially hear you… like im that type of person that got the game only cause ii wanna be that type of killer whos like a ghost and cant be tracked but instead i got… people chasing me with a knife and them just rocking recon class and dutch… with a sniper rifle and just shoot you until ur second wind and rush you… all you can do rn is pretty mich wait until they group up and jusr spam plasma which just feels so depressing and sad and boring… literally wtf…

1 Like

The cloak feels like a blank shot imo… the cloak even when predator moving should not be visible that much… like imo i think the cloak should be visible only 20% of times if predator is fairly close… he should be less visible if he is far away and even if he is moving jumping… if he gets close i think you should be able to see him kinda clearly but not…but this what they have done to cloak is so disgraceful

2 Likes

I do to but they always whine that’s not how a pred is supposed to play is what I’m told

Its just some fireteam mains who want every predator to melee rush so they can kill him fast.

they totally fucked the cloak up. at a given distance you are just straight white. easier to see than uncloaked.

3 Likes

They fkd up 80% of shit what makes predator a predator

I just realized that i never gonna stay in match if it has my ping above 100 again. Was wondering why i did so utterly bad today.

There were just 3 ps4 ft’s in the match, i attacked one, leaped away and during that leap i got my mask shot off, second winded and my second wind healthbar halfed before i landed.
Pretty sure my pred model was lagging behind and they could just shoot the shit out of me.