Games that got super negative reviews that arent actually that bad.

I just wanted to talk about some games that got completely fucked by reviewers on launch, but that are actually not bad, or even half decent. (I went on a shopping spree with steam sales so ive been playing these games freshly)

1. Homefront: The Revolution.

What can I say about this game. Its a reboot not a sequel to the original homefront unfortunately. The characters are all pretty memorable though they are only just barely. The story is actually pretty decent but it does little more than set the stage for the campaign. And the gameplay? Deadass this game is far cry but in fallout style city ruins, with a crysis/metro exodus style of on-the-go weapon customization. I had fun pretty much the entire time I was playing it, which is very surprising.

1. Agents of mayhem.

So this game got a lot of bad rap for being like a kids game basically and playing like shit. But in actuality its a really awesome hero-esque story with anime style cutscenes, decent saints row humor, and the gameplay is actually pretty damn fun. Theres around 15-20 “Agents” which are playable characters, they all have unique playstyles and perks and since you can take 3 at a time, its also fun to try and combo them to create a team that can cover all bases. Also you can level them and find/craft new abilities, perks and skins for them. It also has a pretty interesting status effect system.

1. Borderlands 3.

Now I know what you are thinking. “Oh silly lazy, its borderlands 3, how can it be on this list”. Im not talking about borderlands 3 gameplay. That is solid. Im talking about borderlands 3 story. Now people decimated this games story when it came out. And still to this day. But im about what I assume is 1/3 through my playthrough and tbh, its not that bad. The way critics describe events and how they are actually delivered and executed in game is very different and honestly while I dont think this beats out borderlands 2 by any stretch. This story is interesting enough that im not wanting to kill myself in between firefights when I have to listen or watch it. Plus ive got an old school sense of humor which means anything goes. Thats why games like borderlands and saints row still get me. Im all for the toilet humor lol.

2 Likes

The last of us II

1 Like

Agents of mayhem would have been extremely popular if it had online multiplayer.

Devs underestimate how many ppl will get games just to play with friends.
I like it, but solo is meh.

Unless you can make something REALLY good single player, I wouldn’t even bother.
Multiplayer is better, for the most part.

2 Likes

Anthem has such a good concept lol… i love the whole miniature titanfall 2 design suits… and the sounds they make…

All random people i asked thought its shit but i liked it lmao…

3 Likes

I played at launch it has a really good concept, it was just rushed and doesn’t have an Identity, if 2.0 is any good I’ll will be returning to it, if you dont have to pay for it if you allready own it.

1 Like

Yeahh, when is 2.0 even coming out… it was announced like last yr lol… new rtx cards are already out n shit…

Well Im guessing spring 2021, but they said its a awhile out so who knows.

1 Like

my CPU aka i9 9900k is tanking in anthem so hard hahahaha…

So heavy game on cpu and gpu both…

1 Like

Yikes, speaking of unesscarry processing power, do you think the update will actually optimize things, since ALOT of people have been asking about the fps?

1 Like

Btw heres some screenshots of new ui for 2.0.

1 Like

I hope so xD

1 Like

Borderlands 3 story was criticize a lot , but game play got a lot of improvements since bord 2

1 Like

I never really had a problem with Borderlands 3 story.

Ava was a pain in the neck honestly, too retarded character

1 Like

Yeah the devs were trying to make her like Tiny Tina, buuut I just wanted to throw her out the airlock.

Mass Effect Andromeda.

3 Likes

I actually enjoy it, I haven’t played any mass effect game before Andromeda so I didnt have a series bias, I still need to finish it.

I actually like ava. I dont think the devs tried to make her another tiny tina… Buuut I think her place in the story was a bit much. I could have done without the “shes gonna be a siren someday” and just left her as an aspiring vault hunter.

1 Like

Also man as good as borderlands 2 story was, i fucking couldnt ever bring myself to beat it more tha once. And considering that the story doesnt change, it wasnt enough to carry me through the game after the first playthrough.

I have 2 issues with borderlands 2 gameplay.

1. The first 3 hours is so fucking bland and boring. Thats why I could never get new characters rolling. I couldnt get past the shitty start.

2. Guns. Guns are important in borderlands. And in borderlands 2 not only were they all bland as all fuck in terms of regular loot. But guns from missions were barely unique at all except for the paint job. Borderlands 3 fixes that sooooooo fucking well. Guns in BL3 are amazingly fun and unique.

Ok, I’ll be the first and (likely) only one to say it…Duke Nukem Forever was not a bad game. It was ok in its vanilla version. With its dlc, its a good shooter. Load times were a little long though. While I understood and partially agree with the criticisms of it being too much like COD but with boobs and penis jokes, it definitely didn’t deserve the beating it got. It was challenging, had some very memorable moments, was humorous (IF you like South Park style humor and aren’t some woke joke.) and with the dlc, was worth the little bit I spent on it. Then of course, Doom 2016 came out and taught everyone how to make a proper shooter again.

1 Like