Games that got super negative reviews that arent actually that bad.

Mafia City

Godzilla for Ps4.

A sleeper pick, for sure. A game mostly made for the fans of the Godzilla franchise and mythos at heart. The game just bleeds fan service. The characters (Kaiju) walk just like how they would in the movies, their attacks have the feeling of massive weight, and abilities can be devastating to the Arena and Kaiju alike.

The problem with this game you ask? Mostly just the balancing. It was a Port of the Ps3 Version where you could only play as the franchiseā€™s poster boy, Godzilla / Burning Godzilla at the end of Story. On here, you could play as anyone from Mothra, King Ghidorah, etc. and added Player vs Player Multiplayer.

The thing was is that they never balanced was Multiplayer based damage valves, so characters like a fully upgraded Burning Godzilla would dominate Multiplayer Lobbies and some match up issues like Destoroyah vs Mothra Larvae where Dest would end up being on top of Larvae and Larvae could just be his little worm horse.

Then was the grind to actually level up your characters. Kaiju are Level 0 by default and you would have to grind your ass off killing other characters for parts and your own Characterā€™s XP to level them up. For a roster of 15+ characters, doing this in a Repetitive Single Player Experience can be draining.

That being said, if you are a fan of the Big G and friends, you would really like Godzilla Ps4, if not, then probably not.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna take a big ole lead bullet through the gut here, but Aliens: Colonial Marines was actually so fucking fun.

Played it on the hardest difficulty, had loads of fun with all the different guns and shooting up hoards of aliens and all the sounds were so goood and I even managed to drop into some multiplayer games and they were pretty damn fun as well.

The game was 100% released unfinished, rushed, and was half not what was promised, but damn I loved it.

Also, Watch_Dogs 1, I really liked Aiden and the story of the game and the gameplay, and as much as it was a tech demo for Watch_Dogs 2, it was still super fun.

Plus you could play poker, and cheat by hacking security cams to peep other players cards, and any game I can play poker in gets a 1 up in my book.

2 Likes

I triedā€¦ i tried itā€¦ didnā€™t even make it 30 minutes.

The Lone Ranger on NES. Red dead before red dead existed. It had everything. Large map, top-down town stages and bases, sides roller boss levels, 1st person cave levels for the zapper, horseback combat, train robberies, the works. No cheats at all, you had to earn that endgame cinematic. True to the character and genuinely fun. Konami knocked that sleeper out of the park. Still have my copy.

I enjoyed A:CM Multiplayer, but even AvP3 was more enjoyable.

I finished the game

The only thing that ruined it imo was the lackluster AI

I read somewhere that the AI was bugged due to a simple typographical error. The coding mistake was discovered by a fan and corrected. I think I am going to pick up Aliens CM and give it another try with some mods attached.

Iā€™m a console plebe unfortunately lol

It was single line of code that messed up the alien ai, someone modded the pc version and fixed that line and Xenos are agressive and resposive, the game would of been good if that line of code wasnt messed up.

You need the mod in order to fix it, thereā€™s still a fanbase playing bug hunt still.

Dead Space 3

I remember so much hate for this game when it first released

Definitely worth adding to your collection or at least a playthrough

1 Like

I dont have it, Ive just done a ton research on it sorry.

Agreed. Dead space 3 was very fun. Though I understand why people were upset with it.

Imagine a Dead Space remaster.

2 Likes

GamerGirlšŸ˜ˆ

The spyro remake. Crash bandicoot remake. They were all reviewed badly but it was auch a pleasure to play them with completely new graphics.

Jurassic world evolution: I love this game to death. The sim is very spot on and all things dino was great. Ppl gave it bad reviews because it had very poor ui and the landscape tools were very lacking. But i love releasing my dinos on my park goers and watching the raptors and rex and spino eat them lol

1 Like

Arent the remakes slower tho?
Fuck graphics if it doesnt play like it used to.

The main reason the Crash remake was hated on, is because it was hard, hell gamespot didnā€™t finish the game and put up there review, its a case of people forgot old school games were not as forgiving and are harder than modern day games.

Also no the remakes and true to there ps1 counterparts with slme quality of life improvements.

Bejeweled Blitz

Spyro was slower crash was just as difficult