General Prey Discussion

I feel like the writers are bullying us

Like the pred was getting bullied when the guy was shooting arrows at him and shouting and he was cowering in his immobile suit behind his shield

Maybe this is why they need the autism. you see how long he was standing there staring at that skull?

I take it you were displeased?

I blame everyone who said it can’t be worse than the Predator.

Literally everyone.
Couldn’t even get a fight scene out of this because it was a cgi shitfest like Upgrade again.

Well, I mean…at LEAST it’s better than The Predator over all, right? There must be something you liked about it…

There are many little tidbits here and there that do stand out. Ill watch it again tomorrow. I definitely liked the pacing of the first 40 minutes or so and after that it got kinda weird. This felt more like an homage to the Comanche than to the predator somehow.

It was more or less meant to be that, it seems. A movie honoring the Comanche, but with a space alien hunter thrown in. Admittedly it fits.

1 Like

It further establishes that preds are dumb animals.

1 Like

It did seem like Feral didn’t give a damn about anything. Kill. Trophy. Wound. Pain. Keep hunting trophy.

It’s like they showed too much of him.

When it came to Feral vs Natu, she was the one sporting a cloak cause Feral didn’t give a damn about her. Right up to the very end. It almost seemed lik we he was her pet in that final scene where she hands the French guy to him on a platter.

Lots off small details seemed kinda off, bit overall it is decent. I’ll watch it again over the weekend cause my first impressions are not that good.

It’s Upgrade problem again but he cgi melee fights cloaked half the movie because its easier to animate.

so fucking lazy. yikes.

Now hang on I may of been wanting Feral to win now…

There’s also that one shot in the first human battle where he clearly is faster than any human could be

Also the ending battle was bad in general not just that one shot.

Feral went brain dead several times.

…I can’t argue with you there. I really can’t. It’s either that, or it’s just shitty writing for them. Like, watching this movie, Feral is a badass. Wrecks, gets wrecked, but keeps on coming, is crazy smart in some instances. But the end? “Hurrrrr dat sounds like my laz0r, but that can’t be my laz0r! Huh, my bolt thingy isn’t going straight, it’s coming around towards me, I wo-dead

99% of the movie did it for me. Veddy goo, yes. But that one part? Bollocks.

2 Likes

Plot armor kicked in anytime you knew Feral had any advantage. That’s just how it works. Like how he’s unable to keep up with Naru’s brother or even her herself, but he straight up fistfights a grizzly bear? And wrecks all these other dudes with ease?

1 Like

All his movements were fucking weird cgi axe flips or statue-esque posing.

like the wonder woman shit with the shield my god.
fucking predator jump around or dodge something, move. what generic syfy channel monster is this?

all I wanted was some practical effects cant even have that

The cloak was ok in the beginning. Some mystery. JH was basically cloaked up until the very end and that was good. But I guess melee does look better when uncloaked.

Considering I came in to this film after watching the original and most of 2, I did expect more movement I guess. JH is bouncing everywhere, he’s hardly ever on the ground.

Invisible melee shot from one angle, pure budgeting. No one can even see what’s happening.

Until the last fight where they pulled out the matrix moves and all the green goo.

1 Like

That was some weird cloak, going in and out of working, deactivating when hit, etc I guess they improved their shit in 300 years.

1 Like

Ya that is a bit wierd actually, this pred is simultaneously the slowest and the fastest pred in the series.

His tree hopping and dodging (when he does) is by far the fastest and most nimble.

But then he sits there like he has a brain aneurysm randomly. Not even just plot armor. Just randomly in the middle of the French fight.

I think it was ‘creative design’. They wanted it to look cool.

I do think they were on budget, so yeah, CGI is not that good.

Feral was very badass in fight vs the French tho. He would showcase a new trick in every scene. It was an entertaining sequence.

1 Like

Ya but it also had the flipside of his aneurysms kicking in.