General Prey Discussion

The cgi moves unnaturally fast and then when it stops its like the guy in the pred suit can barely turn

Shameless

how does a 80s movie do this better?

I did enjoy how he used all his tools throughout the movie, and especially that sequence in the ash-fog was pretty well done. I think him standing around brain dead was supposed to signify that he’s not afraid of the little peashooters, so he’ll stand there like a badass. I imagine this looked better in the director’s eye.

2 Likes

Ya but it’s still bad. Imagine taking a punch in the middle of a fight. Besides it’s still boring choreography even if it was reasonable.

This film is reminding me of Dark souls.

Very good first half, big step down second half

When I saw the cgi baby at the very beginning, I knew I was in for a treat. The horrible cg animals just made it even better.

And because the 80s used practical effects and a proper suit actor. I’m imagining Kevin Peter Hall in the Feral suit and just the body language alone would be 100% better.

1 Like

The predator sitting there frozen with its syringe was soulsucking

wow what a homage

wheres that guy that was complaining about Supers suit acting? WHERE IS HE NOW

That scene where the French took shots and the shield deflected them seemed more like comic relief when when paused for a second as to say ‘that don’t seem right’, and started to reload. And Feral almost seemed confused as to say, ‘what the fakk are you doing standing around and reloading’

One note on the a acting, I think it never felt like Naru was afraid. Whatever emotion she showed, it didn’t translate well into fear (usually her eyes just got big). Also, i expected her to cry much sooner.

the french were comic relief characters.

they were poking her acting out their best evil laugh for like a whole 2 min

It was basically one of those cartoons where they tie the protagonist to the train tracks

1 Like

Yeah, i kinda lost it there and started cracking up.

I’m not even touching on the acting and mary suisms because its such obvious low hanging fruit everyone’s going to destroy it already.

I ALREADY TOLD YOU ALL SHE CANT ACT NOR CHOREOGRAPH

The frat boy indian guy pissing and looking up going HUH like an NPC in a videogame was solid stuff.

100% rotten tomatoes

1 Like

She did the brat part well. She’s pouting all the time away on. I liked how she was jealous if her brother for killing the big meow meow. She did good in those parts, but she didn’t sell fear well.

watches a space alien pick up a bear and goes home with a resting bitch face

critics are raving, RAVING

1 Like

Lulz.

Yeah, i can kinda chalk it up to Comanche culture perhaps. Maybe they were all tough and didn’t show fear. Warrior people.

Those rabbits she fried looked delicious tho. Can you say Great Plains Kitchen?

I think that and the gratutious 3 minute something quicksand scene where she looks mildly annoyed the entire time was pretty oscar worthy

She’s definitely the new Ripley

Yup, i definitely expected her to cry and look more hopeless there. She was about to die in mud. Instead she looked looked mildly annoyed, ‘i just took a bath yesterday dammit’

Well, in a few hours well here more opinions. As I’ve said, lots of small faults but a decent effort overall. A solid C+/B- from first viewing.

1 Like

Sometimes, people talk themselves into a corner, then they’ll defend their position no matter the reality of the situation.

The movie is great predator content. It’s complete BS to compare this to Shane Black’s trash. Could the ending have been better, sure, but it was still a good underdog fight where the predator mostly defeats himself. It’s not much different from how the first predator loses, so it shouldn’t be considered a huge negative, if you are a fan of the original.

4 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about that seen. On the one hand she definitely didn’t seem as desperate as one would imagine in that situation, but, on the other hand, the best thing to do in that situation is to remain calm. Someone that is familiar with quicksand might have a lot of composure in that situation. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

The lab scene kept me awake.

This was the same cgi shit as Upgrade with worse acting and some WOMAN KITCHEN dialogue instead of global warming and then she pranced back to her village smug like everyone didnt just die lol.

No it wasn’t

The entire fight was garbage barring exceptions

If anything the pred was the underdog

He clearly had some sort of brain damage fighting snakes, stepping on beartraps, picking up arrows infront of a firing line, terrified of some guy screaming on a horse shooting sticks at him, bullied by dogs

Standing. Lots of standing. Might be deaf.