Gonna be brutally honest and piss some off

Yea you see i can’t speak for or against that cus like I said im a casual so you would know more about that then me seriously. And if that is how the industry works I can see how that would be aggrivating

I’ll say this. I WISH most people got to work with the kind of job security Illfonic seem to have. Because hey if everyone is able to get paid for this kind of output, maybe Crunch culture wouldn’t be what it is.

I don’t mean this as a snarky remark but genuinely have you tried to apply? Shit that would be a good thing maybe we jus need someone in there with the same passion as we all have for the game and franchise. If i knew how to make a game I seriously would wanna make a predator game to be held as good as AVP 2 is held. I would make it with this style pvp online gameplay with a badass story mode and maybe even an offand online horde mode. Idk if anyone has ever played Spartan total warrior back on ps2? But it had horde with different maps and enemies for each map ie gladiators, barbarians, Trojan soldiers, Romans etc. I’d make a horde mode where your pred and hunt different types of creatures from different planets.

Off course something that big would need a big dev company to pull it off but that hasn’t and prolly won’t happen which brings me back to my point which is this game isn’t all of what i would like but for what it is I enjoy it and don’t have as much issues as apparently others have that makes em act the way they do on here

I live on a completely different continent from Illfonic and to be completely honest, I left the industry of my own free will to focus on my own creative pursuits. I don’t see myself going back so easily, especially to work at a company I have little faith in the capabilities of now. I’ve offered many a piece of advice & aid as I can from the side as a formerly very dedicated player and someone who genuinely wanted to believe that the devs could provide. Even if I did sign up, I doubt I’d be little more than another cog in the machine and they’re not gonna hand the creative reigns over to someone who barges into the office from the Forums, not that I’d turn down a Creative Director role, or the like, if in some insane universe I was offered it…

And glad to see somebody else remembers Spartan Total Warrior. That’s a classic right there.

But yeah. I’ve told them many a time over the past year and a half what the game needs, why the playerbase is generally unhappy and how BADLY tuned the balancing is. Like many a things, it mainly went ignored. The best that was accomplished was Cleo got a buff, but that’s a drop in the pond compared to how much you’d have to do just to get the balance feeling right here.

1 Like

Bro i still got that game lol and still play it along with a some of the many gems ps2 had to offer

If you want to see what I tried to pass onto the Devs, I spent a few months compiling a list of suggestions for changes & new content for the game back in October. You can read the entire thing here.
Feedback For Devs after the previous few Months - Feedback - Predator: Hunting Grounds (illfonic.com)

1 Like

Welcome to the party that see how it is, glad you could finally join us

2 Likes

at school if you do something wrong they suspend you, why applaud what is finally done? there is no excuse, it is that they have done it, that is not the case, if it is wrong, on top of that we are paying

Not a good business decission… but seems quite accurate.

Mad bait

2 Likes

Lmao true but damn i would imagine they get tired of not reading the short comings and things like that but tired of reading personal insults trying to trigger them into doing any rework like if that would work.

I mean we don’t have to applaud and kiss thier ass but at the same time ppl don’t need a try and get personal with em cus in the end they are the workers the ones where it may be justified in some cases may be to the ones running the company for example the communication, im sure the ones who work on the guts of the game don’t like having thier work be shit on with out being able to say anything so the ones in charge of the company who order non disclosures are to fault for the bad communication not the ones who are under the order.

The sole fact that no one would be touching this without the Predator logo on it means they deserve all the flak they get.

Is anyone currently playing that mess Arcadegedon? What’s the status of communication and playerbase over there in Early Access hell?

Does anyone know? Does Arcadegeddon even have a playerbase?
@Arnie.schwarzewigger

There’s a difference between making valid complaints and then personal insults. For a while it wasn’t a big deal but after a while its annoying to me even like i said if i was them I’d feel like fuck these assholes and how ever you feel about it getting personal wont cause them to fix something i would think it would actually do the opposite like “ok fuck you now were gonna do even less to spite you assholes” and assholes meaning ppl who make it personal instead of jus stating your issues even if it gets a lil colorful.

But they weren’t doing anything anyway, free on ps plus was the peak of this game - they don’t care. Hence why this game got 0 advertising from the get-go, same for Steam launch.
They had several opportunities to make a move and didn’t and that’s by no means a fault of the community. we’re still pretending they care about gameplay feedback at this stage when they’ve never genuinely commented on anything ever. The project leads simply do not give a shit, if there are even project leads left at this point or of its just 2 people trying to paintbrush a super pred to sell to the people still playing.

Their greatest effort at adapting the game to its audience and break up the repitition was Clash lol. They could have had something but instead moved whatever talent they have to the next project because they survive off of snatching movie IPs and making low budget tie-in games. Then leave some people to dripfeed content while working on the next low budget franchise steal. It’s extremely trashy and they deserve to get trashed on.

They don’t want big projects, and the consumer doesn’t want halfassing unless you are really that desperate for cosmetics. They’re tone deaf. We get circular balance patches and borderline p2w “”“content”"" while they do the bug report/consumer feedback sing and dance.

Finessology again making it seem like he’s a disgruntled out of work ex- employee of IGN who wrote too finicky articles ( too many instances of “We Hate” and “we want”) that didn’t gel well with the politics of social media.

I can agree with a lot of that but again the ones who would deserve it would be the company heads. For example: my apartment before had tried to raise my rent when it went under new management, it was a significant amount but enough for me to notice so I got aggravated and called the office they told me it was only temporary for some shit so i thought ok fine months later it didn’t change it stayed up so i got pissed off and went to the office and instead of talkin shit and bitchin out the ladies in tje office I asked to talk to the owner and i did and i told him xyz and then i saw it go back to normal. Point being the ppl at the bottom can’t do more then thier told to do so instead of making an ass out of myself i wanted to talk to the main person in charge.

Ofc you would be one to actually care about video game journalism