History IS written by the winners

So…I’ll say this.

I admire Bernie and those similar to him because I do believe they hold a genuine conviction to their ideals unlike most other politicians who stand on political tides instead of principles. I agree that the problems Bernie brings to the forefront are indeed issues that need to be addressed.

I also wholly and completely believe the US government is the absolute last organization in the world to be assigned to deal with the problem. The more it interferes the worse things get, this is very very evident throughout history.

1 Like

It will be intersting. It’s rare to hear about a high ranking social servant actually be in trouble. Not that I’m hoping for it, but still.

All I hope for is that all who are found guilty of wrong doing be held accountable

There are too many criminals walking the streets

1 Like

The reason the American government is so unrepresentative of the American people is because of career politicians who whore themselves out to special interest groups so they can get cushy $2 million dollar a year “consulting jobs” after they leave Congress.

Implement legislation that prevents this, gets money out of politics with publicly-funded elections and many of these problems would evaporate overnight.

3 Likes

If we all focus on our local governments this is 100% achievable I believe

Said earlier the problem with money in politics is nobody will actually want the job. Seriously, especially in today’s climate who would ever want to put themselves through a grueling political battle for election just to serve people that hate them if not for the money?

The answer is fanatics who can’t be trusted to put the good of the people above their own ideologies.

She screwed the prople but I’m thinking this is the result the party wanted.

She took one for the team and that’s why she’s on the team

Granted, still the majority of the people are content with this and the system lives on.

If they were not ok with this in some level, we’d have a revolution/civil war, considering that there are other issues that people and government don’t gel on

These things don’t call for revolution as they can be changed via legislation

It’s not time for revolution until it’s time

It will be abundantly clear when and if that time arises

The purpose of the party, and the politicians that comprise it, is to enact the will of the people. So I’d very much say if the party is imposing it’s will on the people “for their own good”…that’s the biggest problem.

Imagine it the Republicans had done that with Trump how different life would be

I feel like bernie would conflict with his own party trying to push his policies through.

I hope so. Don’t think it’s in the table in house or senate tho. Granted, i don’t know about it. It’s not news-worthy

Now that Trump is out if the picture, that’s how the party will be, if imagine

I think it’s because most Americans have had a more passive approach with our political systems or like me uninvolved altogether

We have to become more active in the system because the ones behind the wheel are heading towards a wall

Yes and no. He’d conflict with the old guard “corporate” dems. The young, fresh, bulk of the party he already owns. It’s an evolution within the political party that’s obvious to anyone paying attention. There are democrats that hate Pelosi, Schumer, Biden and the like, and see them as little different than Republicans. They’re also growing to be the primary base of the party itself.

In the end, if the DNC hadn’t intervened, it would have been Bernie vs Trump in 15-16 and we would have had a very public, clear, clean look at the soul of America. As it stands…we didn’t, we don’t, and we’re gonna learn hard and fast.

1 Like

I agree, but considering media sensationalism and so much ‘truth’ everywhere you look i don’t think people want to get involved in that mess.

They are involved in fb and twitter, but that’s the wring way. That just creates even more conflict and confusion

Agreed. It would take time for him to establish a his own faction within the party and then he could take the old guard hostage 😁 Trump did something like that and even though the party hated him, they stuck with him when he was still in power

Here’s an interesting interview

Right now as we speak there are people in Chinese prisons for practicing the religion of their choice

1 Like

Basically makes the point at 50 minutes about high ranking politicians being connected to businesses with foreign nations. It’s a possible security threat

1 Like

Its impressive how this military guy knows so much about business and politics