History IS written by the winners

Won’t argue China vs America. Dead arguement anyway.

Another huge problem in America though is lack of forethought in policy. If you ban them from business dealings with China, they’ll just back door and launder in policy purchases another way. Take money out of politics completely and no one wants to job. Can’t take corruption out of any human element realistically so you do the best to minimize it but eventually, it all corrupts.

Wasn’t trump asked to step away from his businesses because of possible conflucs of interest?

1 Like

Yep…which he did. Then turned it all to his kids, who he then gave power in his administration and policy advisor positions…so what good did it do?

@Cadillackid

I can tell you one thing

Ghislaine Maxwell holds the key to bringing down a metric fuck ton of corruption

If she did she’d have hung herself already when nobody was watching. I hope you’re right because the allegations of what Epstein was up to deserve no less than old testament wrath of God level punishment. Sadly I don’t think it’ll ever happen because generally speaking that level of corruption is also powerful enough to protect against being caught.

2 Likes

Probably nothing, but just to illustrate the point that it should be done, while the terms of how still need to be ironed out

1 Like

There’s no such thing a selfless civil servants.

Yup, those people are not electable; noone will donate to their campaign. Plus, even if a few get elected, they’ll have to contend with an army of those others who are not

1 Like

So if there is evidence available, would you take the time to look and logically decide if it holds ground? Be it fraud? Bidens ties to foreign soil and his son etc?

I kinda feel like that how it always was. Was watching a brief summary of the roman triuverates. Not sure if the section was up to the people, but what mattered to the success was the influence of wealthy roman families. So you’re pretty much indebted to them. I’d imagine similar thing was going on in the early years after the constitution was adopted.

Right now the democratic and republican parties are the proxy for those families, as the candidate campaigns rest on donations that their influence bestows. So the parties are indebted to certain donors while the candidates to the parties. America loves it’s middlemen

1 Like

It doesn’t matter the system. The rich and powerful will always be in charge because of the influence those things bring you. What makes America special is the ability to raise yourself up to that level, which was never possible for people before.

There will always be the haves however and they will always run the show.

1 Like

Yes, what makes a difference is that you can change your social standing in America and probably most of the western world.

But at some point even though the citizens work hard, they will also want their government to work hard for them as well

1 Like

Obamagate is supposed to be declassified by Monday

Maybe this will shed some light on our current situation?

Biden’s son is absolutely under investigation regarding taxes. Joe Biden is not implicated in this.

If you’re referring to Hunter Biden using his father’s influence for negotiations in deals with Chinese/Russian/whatever the fuck they are companies, then yes, that is sketchy as fuck on part of Hunter Biden.

As far as can be told from current information, there isn’t a way for these dealings to be tied back to Joe Biden. If new information comes to light, then sure, investigate it and let the truth come to light.

1 Like

Maybe it used to be. The lack of accountability of elected officials suggests otherwise however. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz for example completely screwed over the democratic party in 2015 during the primary when she actually went against the voting base of the party and pushed Hillary to the forefront over Bernie. This woman and the leading members of the party practically spat in the face of the voters, and as of today she’s still a member of congress.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this has never been less true in America, because of income inequality reaching pre-Great Depression levels and worsening every year.

The overwhelming majority of people born poor in America after the year 1990 will also die poor. “Upward mobility” or the “American Dream” are on life support, if not already dead.

3 Likes

Bernie would have won. He was a far more electable populist candidate and I remember being devastated when Bernie got shafted.

We shouldn’t have to work 3 jobs just to get by

2 Likes

Absolutely.

There was a time in America when a high school graduate could work, his wife could stay home, he could buy a house, a car, live a modest life and retire with a pension all on a single income.

I think all work is dignified work.

Someone flipping burgers should have enough money to live and do all of the aforementioned, and anyone who excels beyond that should be compensated accordingly.

If the federal minimum wage kept pace with increases in productivity and inflation, it would be around $28 per hour.

3 Likes

I told y’all - I’m liberal AF. 😂

2 Likes