Honor to SomeknowmeasXeno

2 Likes

4 Likes

id say 60

@SomeknowmeasXeno
GG man, very nice matches yesterday!
We really had to play very concentrated and coordinated against you!
I was the guy that you claimed in the first round. :)

1 Like

Did you record the match, I would love to see gameplay.

You guys are awesome, you had me on my toes the entire time and would definitely have secured the kill had I not been specific Perks and playing a Scout. And yeah I figured in the first round that a Field Medic Dante would be the biggest threat which is why I tried to focus ya, but oh boy that Recon man. That Recon came outta nowhere and kicked major ass.

2 Likes

Sadly not. We were going for 3 rounds total but my game actually crashed on the third round so I lost all the footage. The others might have some of it though.

2 Likes

They have two of the matches, as well as a short part of where you crashed and they were wondering as well.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the party.

Me to me: *don’t talk shit, don’t talk shit…

Ok I’m done, bye 👋

3 Likes

Oh, thanks for responding anyways.

2 Likes

Ah, I just wanted to post it, lol.
Went for a walk while it was processing. xD

When did this happen? I watched the vid and have not seen it. Or was that a different match?

Oh I was talking to Jelou about the match me & him had. I went up against him, Blademaster and two others I’m sadly forgetting the names of twice in one night a week back. Managed to get 6 kills against them there.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks for explaning

In the first game, at the reinforcements you got two of them with a direct PC shot. Would using a slam right after have been worthwhile since you’d probably down those two?
You were fully healed and the flash might have saved you from getting melted by the other two. Having a netgun, you probably woukd have a good chance to end it all there.

That is a very strong possibility, but at the time my mind was racing and my priority was taking as little damage as possible due to how hyper-lethal the team was. Even with the Blinding Effect of a Slam, these guys I feel would still have landed enough shots to make me back off.

The part I feel I most fucked up on was in also in the first match. When I downed the Dante I SHOULD have kept up the pressure with Plasma as I had a pretty good vantage point at the time and they had relatively little cover. But again I panicked and tried to move to another spot to confuse them and make them miss shots. Had I stayed on the rock ridge above the river and continued the assault from there, I’m pretty confident I could have downed another 1 or 2 and secured more kills.

1 Like

Yeah, to play against premades its hard to commit to risky situations. I’m interested in scenarios for pred when one FT is claimed/killed and trying to take out the rest before reinforcemts. These guys wouldn’t chase and all headed for reinforcement. I think you had time to heal before the adio appeared and then chase them there. If you could down one before they reach, then they have a choice to make. Abandoned or try to save. Having a netgun, that would be a good position.
If they abandon, I’d suggest you leave the downed FT to bleed out and face the other two at reinforcements.
If one stays to pick up/waste time for you. I’d suggest you play around a bit and then bolt for the one who tries to reinforce and kill him 1v1, before facing the other two.

A lot of ifs, but i wonder what your plan is.

My general game-plan is often pretty risky.

I like to create openings by launching a fully charged Plasma Caster Bolt into thr crowd, or on stragglers, to soften them up and create a little bit of panic then I generally leap straight in with the combi and depending on the scenario either get a couple of hits in, or throw the thing at someone, before leaping straight off to come back for another strafing run on the FT. In & Out, that kinda thing.

I like constantly trying to create a good mix of ranged & close quarters engagements because I feel that Scout Preds are actually at their best when played as fast-paced hit & run style characters who keep up the pressure. They have the best speed & stamina in the game by far so they can certainly both close distance and apply pressure before leaping off to safety and repeating the run. The worst thing a Scout can do IMO is stay at range and try and sniper/poke with the Caster/Bow/Disc all-match. They’re not built for that IMO. That’s more Elder’s thing if anything.

When it comes to the FT and Reinforcements though, how I engage that scenario varies wildly upon the kind of Fireteam I’m actually facing. If it’s just a casual match I’ll break off from the last guy to let him go and get his team back; go and find some Boars to stock up on, heal any wounds I have and grab any gear I may have left laying around. Prolongs the fight and lets me get some extra kills in. If it’s a good team though I generally try my best to cut them off at the pass and stop them from getting the Reinforce. Or if I can, I’ll kill just one FT member, let them grab the Reinforcement to bring 1 dude back and ensure they can’t do any more, and then go to town.

But for a team like Mojo’s. Yeah I was in a wild panic to try and down them all before Reinforce could even be considered. But they just kept up the pressure and managed to fend me off. Under better circumstances, I would have tried to down one of them on the way, use him as bait and Net the other two and confirm the kills there. But the odds weren’t in my favour at the time. Sometimes that’s just how it goes, and I gotta be better next time.

1 Like

It is tough, the best thing is to play many matches against good teams and find out which risky tactics are worthwhile. Even if you die, at least you find out what works and what doesn’t.

In the first match, you applied good pressure initially and I’d say you were in a good position. What reality helps them out is the ammo crates where they get syringes back. If they didn’t have any crates until second encounter, i think you’d be in a really good position to take all out. It would still be tough, but I’d like your chances.

Thinking on a fly is good, but i think it would be really nice to have a plan to test out. So you’re not reacting to what they do but dictating. Then you might also catch them off guard.

You hsve to analyze pred resitance. Syringes. Support pickups. Snipers hiding when u focus there teamate. U will soon realize how gimped a predator kit is when u can take in account 3 syringes is like 300 hpx 4 x 100 for healkits around the map plus healing kits suppt has. Pred cant find a single fucking ft member but the ft can spot you with walls for 6 sec