How to prevent detection. Give feedback.

Macros. I have a macro that scans the screen and shows me exactly where the pred is 100% of the time.

I also have a macro that will dodge arrows, move my character around, deal headshots to AI, overall… I use macros that play for me while I sit down sipping on beer.

You probably have macros that drink the beer for you

Scum

2 Likes

I need a macro that can go to the gym for me 😤

2 Likes

what a fucking great idea. I have homework to do

1 Like

Now listen here folks. As the best Pred in this universe audio decoys are very useful as they blot out some of the trilling as well as loud footsteps, crouched footsteps.Those dastardly leap lands that can make or break a match. Be smart with the cloaking. Don’t cloak/uncloak unless you have to. That will fuck up your game quick.
-Displined Scout

It would be nice if forum members who excel at tracking down predators confirm that they have difficulty if audio decoys are used.

We don’t, audio decoys are a waste of pred gear.

Thank you!

How can a predator suprise you, i.e. attack you before he is detected by you?

Obviously working:

1. uncloaked predator is behind cover, no direct line of sight
  2. no switching on/off of thermal view
  3. predator detects fireteam at long range
  4. predator fully charges plasma caster
  5. predator moves to hull-down position (i.e. only the plasma caster is exposed)
  6. predator fires and either continues with short bursts or retreats in case of counter-fire and changes position

Dithered lens and cloaking are useless since skilled fireteams detect source anyway.

Pred can’t surprise a good FT in this game. You might get the first shot off but that’s it. Pred is as loud as a semi truck and is as easy to spot as a lit up Christmas tree.

1 Like

Not in P:HG - game is design to make stealth gameplay impossible for pred or fire team alike. You only have short window to quickly find and face your enemy. Real stealth would allow one or both sides to remain hidden throughout the entire match.

Basically what I mean is - no matter what you will do as pred to stealth aproach FT - they will always know you are comming - same goes for FT - they have no chance to proceed with the mission and some how remain unnoticed by pred

2 Likes

How would that not throw you off even a little bit? The roar is the best time to leap land with no or very little detection. The trilling sounds like its coming from everywhere too.

Audio decoy, if used properly, can disorient us. I’m new on the forums but pretty decent at the game. If the pred just throws the audio decoy and then never goes near it then it’s really easy to ignore. It’s pretty easy to tell where it is and ignore noises coming from that direction.

Now, if that predator drops a few and remembers where they dropped then then bounces between those locations it can be a nightmare to figure out which noises are from the decoy and which are from the predator itself. Especially after you start ignoring one of them only to be shot from it. Then you start questioning all the noise, decoy or not. It’s also fun when you roar as the predator with mimicry and the FT starts ignoring you 'cause they think you’re a decoy.

Audio Decoys are good at disorienting and disguising ambushes if they’re used well. They don’t do much to keep the predator hidden long term and immediately alert the FT that the predator is near. They’re for disguising approaches not staying hidden.

If you play scout disciplined using audio decoys is probably the most retarded thing you can do against a good team. The very first thing we do when we start a match is press tab and check what we are up against (class and specialization). If we see disciplined, we will not even react to any purring and clicking sounds and will focus solely on visual queues (swinging branches, leaves falling, etc.)

2 Likes

This one is actually good. By the time you notice you are being aimed at, you will unlikely be able to get away from the splash damage. If the pred is any good, will also capitalize on using the plasma when you are cornered against a wall or a rock.

1 Like

I’m really falling in love with this perk. Especially on disciplined scout.

Class/Specialization tells a lot of how the player may be. Is not always 100% but you can infer the playing style roughly 90% of the time

Sweaty players

Alpha Assasin
CityHunter Analytic
Samurai Ghost
Elder Stalker
Valkyrie Fervent or Ghost

Melee Players
Viking, Samurai, Zerker

Noobs
Hunter Fervent

Ranged

Elder Stalker
Scout Analytic or Disciplined

Same goes for FT

Scout Duelist and Assault deadly are probably the sweaty ones
Recon, Isabelle, OWLF - Ranged

When you go into a match and see 4 field medics, engage, if they are any decent, just leave. Even mediocre players can take on very good preds running those classes. Is not impossible, but will be a very boring and tiresome match. Against a good or great team, even the greatest players will not be able to win. That’s why high level FT players don’t go all FM’s. They know is broken and is boring AF

3 Likes

Never. Stop. Moving.

And if you do, you need to know FOR SURE the FT didn’t see you or are second guessing what they just saw.

Only cloak when necessary. (Use the sound of the cloak as a decoy and jump to a better vantage point to induce confusion)

Assume someone is always lining you up for a shot, at all times and pick your points to attack wisely.

Do what is successful and change what doesn’t work.

You got this.

Totally agree with every word

My disciplined scout will use audio decoys where I know the FT will hang out for a bit.
Mainly used for my leap landings. I don’t do much running unless I need to and using the trees is not my go to unless FT are in the far distance. I like to eliminate as much noise as possible coming from the Pred.