How would you write a Predator novel?

Title says it all. How would you write a Predator novel? Who would it focus on? The humans? The Yautja? What is your version of the perfect Predator story?

8 Likes

Yautja focus definitely

6 Likes

Heavily focused on the Yautja main character, I think exploring the life of a Predator to a child to warrior hood would be amazing as well as further exploring Yautja Prime.

6 Likes

that’d be cool

I think there needs to be a mix of the human element to ground the story in a relatable perspective.

Settings could be anywhere you would expect a hunt to take place, but the more the location can influence the predator’s behavior, the better. For example, what would a predator do in a true modern war zone surrounded by tanks, attack choppers, and aerial bombardments, or what would a predator do in the old west, or on an island with pirates and natives, or in the outback of Australia?

3 Likes

A coming of age story of a child with autism growing up in a cruel world. They would struggle through life due to poverty and a broken family but through perseverance and hard work are able to make a living and enjoy a happy life… and then a pred kills them for that sweet next stage of evolution juice they got hidden away.

6 Likes

theres a kid with autism in my school, he coul definitely use pred tech if it existed

A forbidden romance novel.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a main pref character but i don’t wanna see his childhood and predator dad going to work and all that…maybe they can show some aspects of the culture bit I think what made predator wut it is, is the mystery.

Perfect example of a mysterious character being fucked up by childhood and all that is…HALO that show sucked big chorizo so some things are better left a mystery

1 Like

with a computer and world or pen and paper

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the show. Maybe that’s because I grew up on PlayStation, so I never had much of an attachment to the character of Master Chief.

Even as a standard sci-fi show it’s just bad. It’s fine if you enjoy it but I just can’t.

2 Likes

It could also explore whatever comes before and after the hunt and possibly where they originated from

2 Likes

this games needs cancel confirmation, i just accidentally cancelled and my wait is 7:36 😭

Sadly I understand that having to be a thing, idk I just feel like we have seen enough of the humans (plus they never really add to the story half the time, their just warm bodies with a lucky person winning).

However if we where to get a novel, how about a Human slave watching and learning from the Yautja’s. That way it can further expand on their universe because their more then just calculated hunters.

1 Like

YES! THANK YOU!!! That’s exactly what I’m talking about!!! Tell us what happens off screen after or before the hunts.

what should i swap my combi out for, im feeling like smart disc maybe

1 Like

There’s a lot that goes on outside the hunt too! For example, did you know Hunters have to not only train but go through multiple deadly trails to obtain the weapon and be called a Combistick Master or Smart Disk Master. There’s just so much that people don’t know that make these guys real bad asses

1 Like

yeah, now that i think about it, the xp for the pred in this game is one of their best decisions.

1 Like

Kinda does simulate the struggles and training a Predator goes through to obtain and learn their weapons. I kinda like to view it as a Predator’s training simulation.