I have a Theory

So what if the Cosplay Preds are Illfonic tests for adding the “Super” Predators. They need data on how to make them.

Mr. Black a Zerker with the agility of a hunter

Tracker, A scout with the health of a Hunter

Falconer Hunter with the speed of a scout.

I feel they are playing with the data from our cosplay preds to implement them later down the line as hopefully a level Cap reward.

Hopefully.

3 Likes

Hope you’re right

1 Like

The thing which nobody seems to mention re ‘Super Preds’ is the scale problem.

They’re supposedly bigger than standard Preds, but can you really see Illfonic doing a larger character model instead of a more straight forward reskin? There’s also the problem of fitting through doorways/inside buildings etc.

3 Likes

In my Honest opinion I dont like the “Super” Preds there design is horrible and backstory lore is so cloudy that is can be anything

1 Like

They wernt that much bigger. Mr Black compared to the Crucified Pred was nothing but maybe a mere foot. The Zerker is sightly larger than the hunter so it can be done. Or they can just make them the same size but not remodeled skins

2 Likes

And that crucified pred was not much taller than Adrian Brody 🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

Standard Yautja max at about 8 feet which even then that is above normal whereas supers are 8+

If I count the God forsaken upgrade super predator then we’re talking 8-10+ feet

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Im counting the feral preds from Predators

Feral?

1 Like

Google says CH and Mr. Black are the same size. 7’8

2 Likes

Yes the ones that Lived on the Hunting Planet. They were Feral. Outcast preds

That settles it then

I honestly think that they are testing ideas behind the scenes.
The plasma rifle being testing for Berserker’s rapid fire, the uav being testing for falcon, clash having Predator versus Predator, etc.

Scale doesn’t seem to be a problem to me since they’re bigger but not that much bigger. The Assassin would cause all sorts of animation problems as well as being unable to fit in some spaces but the super Predator wouldn’t. unless Fox specified that’s not an issue. The face might cause some clipping though since they have bigger heads and all helmets would need to fit those faces.

1 Like

I think Wolf would fuck up Mr. Blacks Christmas. Fight me.

5 Likes

Why would I fight you on this. I personally hate Mr Black and I think he is the Dumbest out of the three. Pred falls for 2 easy traps, and he has the Nerve to call himself a “Super” Pred lol

1 Like

This I do agree with. Clash being a stress test. And they’re still actively balancing Clash and have specializations and perks that do and don’t work there.

CH’s the only pred that felt like a “test” with him being locked into using wrist launcher. Rest are just stat adjustments.

I’m not really a fan of the whole ‘Super Pred’ concept anyway - thought it was lazy writing by the film’s writers to just try and make the Preds seem more intimidating than the previous movie ones.

That said, there are certain things I like about the armour stylings and gadgets, and in particular, Mr Black who has one of the best biomasks (along with Wolf and JH) in all of the movies. Such a shame they fucked up the actual look of the Pred underneath the mask - looks like a bad knock-off toy figure.

1 Like

I dunno about that. But what I do remember from the movie is that they were aosrt of a clan that had a rivalry, blood fued with another clan of born alpredators, the one that Crucified came from, which was possibly the Jungle hunter Clan.

1 Like

You mean the river ghosts?