I mean seriously... Fuck this game as a Pred.

The only thing I can say for playing a Predator in this game. It’s a fucking nightmare. Clunky movement, buggy aim with all ranged weapons, no health whatsoever… The stealth being utter shit, it’s so fucking easy to track a Pred as it moves around either on ground or in trees its laughable.
And as long as you have a general direction you can just spray with your gun as FT to find the Pred even if it crouches and does nothing to give away the position.
And then we come into all the noise the Pred makes… It’s the least stealthy being in the universe.

I mainly play FT, and most of the time I win… I do not find it challenging to bring down a Pred, and about the only time I do die is when my headless chicken teammates are running around clueless that the Pred is on top of us, and since I am the only one reacting to it… it kills me first while the rest of the team are still clueless.
As FT, you can go everywhere the Pred can. It is not that hard to chase it down in 2nd wind even if you have to chase it across the map. Especially considering how often a Pred hits some frikkin’ obstruction when leaping.

Jeez… I try so very hard to get into playing as a Predator. But waiting 10-20 minutes for one game, then come into a lobby with like 1 other player, or more often 4 then one or two drops out due the the shitty connection. And when you finally do get a game, you have to jump around like a bunny on crack just so not every bullet hits you… Because, forget stealth. If sound doesnt give you away, then all the Pred weapons “tracer” effects will. And as mentioned, even if they cant see you but can hear your general direction all they have to do is randomly fire their guns in your general direction… and then they find you and half your health is gone… at least.

And then there is the fact that you cant even use all Gear slots for a 'zerker… and most of the perks are so shitty that you cant fill em up for Scout.
Not to mention that those two classes have less total “stat bars” than the Hunter and Elder.
And the fact that Pred health is so low with how much damage a decent Fireteam can put out… And that not even a headshot with a Bow, Combistick or Disc is enough to down anything.

7 Likes

Sounds like a serious case of get good. Lmao

5 Likes

And yer a toxic douche who use shitty settings to give you an edge as FT when it is already easy… Then brag how you 1v1 Preds.
At least I 1v1 them on max settings.

5 Likes

Today I ended up with 3 other FT member on PC(entire team + predator), we all had mics (somehow) then we had to fight this elder predator. Damn he was good. He killed us all when we had some 40-50 seconds of game time left of the game.

Some people can play predator right and win, other complain on the forums. Oh and I had a very, very good W/L ratio today playing randoms by myself. Still, when you find a very good predator its extremely hard to win even if you good a more then decent team.

1 Like

all i can honestly say is that this game on somedays requires a certain level of patience… one day everything just works out for you, other days everything just goes wrong for you. it’s frustrating none the less but keep on trucking! hopefully Illfonic will start ironing out the mechanics of the game.

2 Likes

this post is simaler to this one i made a long time ago so here maybe this will help give another simaler perspective

2 Likes

Everyone says sound is the biggest giveaway but rarely do I run into a Predator using Audio Decoys. Its always those skillless bear traps. Yes I will agree that the Pred giggling like a school girl when invisible is dumb but there has to be a balance when fighting a Invisible foe.

That being said. It sounds like the tactics are what you are needing to learn. A Predator should never solely rely on one weapon the entire match nor should you be running cloaked its the biggest issue Pred players seem to have is when to use the cloak and when not to.

The most important tactic a Predator should have is to starve the ft of gear. Make them use stims and medkits and bullets. Punish them when they use consumables. Use every area of the map. Trees rocks buildings, trucks anything. Aim for barrels, try to set alarms. It you can get all of these things done on the 1st encounter 9/10 times you will win in the jungle when they are moving to the next obj.

6 Likes

There are way too many ways to replenish health and bullets that do not rely on gear for FT… And most of them are on the very same spot on every map, at least when it comes to health.
Granted, when Predding I try to destroy every medkit and ammo crate I see… But FT still has way to many resources IMO.

So you are just complaining?

3 Likes

don’t know if your comment was designed for me but I’ll take it lol and I agree.

The bug comment was met for everyone in the forum. Just trying to spread knowledge

well I humbly accept it, thanks brother.

1 Like

Anytime Happy Hunting and may the Alpha grant you wisdom

1 Like

FT has to many resources if you run a 4 man premade, perhaps. Not in the rest of instances. Played a bunch of games today. At one point this guy drained all our bullets, we were are the chopper and 2 peeps were dead. He engaged in melee and me and the other guy alive had to fight him with our knives (we had nothing else left lol!). We did win since we parried him well. Still, we run out of ammo and I think only 1 had ammo bags on him.

As I said… I mainly play FT. And maybe once every 100 matches do I feel a lack of resources, medkits are everywhere. Ammo Crates are not uncommon.
And then everyone can carry more ammo and more healing as well. Trying to starve a FT of resources is not easy.

Rarely do I feel like I am prey as FT. Losing is mostly due to clueless teammates more than the skill of the Predator usually. I’ve met some really good Preds, will not deny that. But most are not very difficult, I spot them easy and hear them easier even with Audio Decoys.

predator is EASY mode dude xD

2 Likes

Sure its hard to starve the ft out but its the Greatest tactic any pred player has make them use those stims and make them throw that medkit cause they have no stims left. Its not impossible plus you copy and pasted what the last guy said and added a little bit at the end

1 Like

Doubt that hearing them with decoys. I have had ft all over the area they were in looking for me cause i had to audio decoys set up

Lol you only play potatoes and dont play real pc teams and when you do get challenged you ingore them.

2 Likes

Each to their own… I rarely get fooled by them. And neither does the FTs I face… granted, some of those FTs probably dont even hear the Decoys…

Because in the end it comes down to experience… It’s easy to get experienced as a FT. Alot harder with Pred since you get less matches and at least I tend to face above average FTs. And then there are the wonky bugs with aiming Pred ranged weapons… and the Disc controls just dont agree with me.