I play both sides and facts are facts

Polish_20210115_052625286

14 Likes

Solo they are not. Squads are. It’s unfortunate but that’s how these games work by design

3 Likes

I think honestly since fireteam got special perks give Pred some as well make it more balanced.

2 Likes

Rey is that you?

I mean you could. But again right now I win every single game as predator handily. Does that mean predator is OP? No. It means that randoms or even teams of 2 squading up who are casual players don’t really stand a chance against a really good predator player. BUUuuUuUuuUUUut! As SOON as you make it a 4 stack of equally good players on the FT side who are all in coms and play together often, they WILL dogshit the predator. How to circumvent this issue I have no idea

2 Likes

If you end up against a very good premade, sure. If not, no!

I will admit I win like 90%+ of my games but its because most predators just expect to kill everything in melee and when they find someone that can aim and parry they’re stuck. But find a predator that knows how to play and its madness even if you’re in a good (random) team. I’ve faced a damn good predator in a good team and it was madness. Someone on my team said he was one of the best predators in this game (no idea if true).

Thing is when you hit that quick play button, as predator, you get no randomness on your team that you can’t control so thinks like having 2-3 potatoes that do 200 damage when I do 4k damage goes into play.

The only way you can buff predators if you put into play a system where skill is taken into account but then I assure you medium+ predators would cry bloody murder when faced with medium (full team)+ players since the win rates will go down substancially since the vast majority of people in this game are potatoes. Then we can look at que times, imagine 1h que times for very good players.

People keep crying how bad melee is but I assure you if someone would pull a percentage of what kills people, melee would be in the 70% of cases and then its plasma caster.

1 Like

I agree with almost all of this except for the melee bit. Melee is confirmed trash. But again atm I’m not sure you could even buff that because of how bad most randoms are. Good predators would just shat on them even harder. We are at this place where we can’t balance the game the way it needs to be, due to the fact that a massive portion of the player base is not a hardcore Hunting grounds player, and they would have 0 fun if the predator were buffed anymore

It depends on how you judge if its “bad”. If we go with what kills people in the vast majority of games I play its melee by far. Now faced with a competent team, sure, its trash but against random teams its broken (not even op, its BROKEN!). More so against PS teams since melee is far, far, far, far more easy to do then aiming and shooting. For aiming and shooting you actually need skill on a controller (when aim assist is not insane).

Dude it’s definitely not broken. How can a system that is ENTIRELY countered by the parry system be broken? Melee is garbage. Against a VERY bad team it wins with sword.

Because its NOT countered by parry, like at all. Parry comes into play at a certain level of skill, below that, its not there. If parry would be so easy to pull as many people believe, everybody would be doing it, instead I see people in my team just dropping dead when engaged in melee (no parry). This happens in almost every game I play. If I am not close to burst down the predator, they’re screwed. Unfortunelty this are the majority, why do you think the devs keep handing out nerfs to it? Why do you think the new axe is so shit? Why do you think the burst is so high for guns on FT side? Its because its OP against the majority of players (yes its because of skill, but its there).

Melee is far more easy to pull then parry and that is why its a problem. Then you move to good players and its garbage but those good players are not the majority, not even close.

Also, when you play randoms, if you make a parry mistake against an elder sword and you’re dead, you just lost the game since the rest are not going to do shit :)

I have only played a little since the last update, almost exclusively as Pred because that’s the side I feel needs practice to maintain skill level so take that into account here when I say:

It’s the skill gap right now that’s the biggest problem. Experienced players have put the game down for a variety of reasons since the last update but the holiday sales and promotions are bringing in new players. These players have no idea the strategy and mechanics needed to win, and are easily wiped.
Matches go one of two ways for me, it’s either a pretty effortless quick wipe of a team that seemed to have no idea I was even in the match as pred let alone how to counter me. Or it’s 2-3 experienced players who punish any little mistake i make (which are common as again I’m not playing as much) and pull off a win.
This game needs a tutorial for FT and for at least the first 40-60 levels, skill based match making to get newer players comfortable and competent enough to play with veteran players like those here.

Bro you are high. Parry completely counters it we are done with this argument lol. This is nonsense

3 Likes

Yeah 100%. That’s the issue too. Is 1 or god forbid 2 good FT members lol. If they are in coms just those 2 will out DPS you all day hands down. Like these are numbers I’m not just making shit up lol. 2 FT members alone have the Firepower to melt you out a tree in 2 seconds. COMPLETELY disregard what Xan said about parry not countering melee as well. That makes, well that just makes absolutely zero sense hahahah

1 Like

People who are at a lower skill celling can’t parry. What’s so hard to understand? At a lower skill celling melee is far more easy to pull then parry, more so on consoles.

Yes, I can also say to all the predators having issues with defeating players, just play like Proxi and you’ll win! You can counter X with pin point accuracy and leaping about really fast.

1 Like

Honestly, and this was actually the most fun for me when I was playing FT more often. Good randoms that aren’t on comms, are experienced and know the game working together is almost as effective. Obviously nothing beats a coordinated FT but a FT just knowing what to do without comms, sticking together and focusing on the pred is awesome and effective.

2 Likes

Well yes. But that’s what I’d been saying. You can’t buff melee cause then us good predators will just shit even HARDER on the pubs that we already do. But that doesn’t mean melee is not inherently bad against coordinated teams. Trust me I’m not saying buff anything hahah I get it. The casuals WILL be fucked if melee is buffed. But none the less anyone who understand you can just whip out your knife and stun the predator in place knows parrying makes melee preds go by by

Oh it’s so fun playing randoms cause you never know what you’ll get hahah either you literally have to take on the role of Dutch and CARRY or you get some solid played and form a pretty sic on the fly team

1 Like

So you’re saying if you want to succeed you range.

So, right there, you yourself are saying melee is trash, just use range.

He’s saying against bad players melee is too strong. But the logic is kinda iffy cause against bad players everything is too strong hahah I make the disc look VIABLE against bad players😂

I did agree that against good players and coordinated teams melee is garbage. If I have even 1 more guy that can shoot as I parry the predator, its impossible for him to kill me in melee (unless I am netted or in a trap somehow). But I am sure the devs are not balancing the game around this.

I am sure they have logs, they look at those and see the majority of people just dropping dead and balancing acordingly.

Do you remember back in the day zerker rushes with combistick and how much they nerfed it? Yeah, its because the majority of peeps just dropped dead. Even now I see peopel with combistick flooring 2-3 people at at the same time.