I play both sides and facts are facts

I’m a strong advocate that zerk melee was never broken. Before me and my buddy even knew what weapons were META, we are loading into games, MULTIPLE TIMES just TWO Of us, getting rushed down by a zerk and just melting him. Melee has always been bad but the casual players just can’t handle it I guess hahah so it is what it is at this point

Yeah, that’s what I am getting at but there is another issue here. You see, ranged play actually takes a bit of skill. Using melee takes very little. So players at low level of skill can melee people to death but can’t parry to save their lives. I assure you, if you would remove melee from the game the outcry would be something epic. A huge chunk of the player base relay on melee because its so easy to pull.

I played 2 weeks back 6 games as predator after not playing predator in months, and when I did, I played very little. floored 5 out of 6 teams with elder sword and I am BAD at predator, really bad!

Yep, it was bad because people could not parry.

Those players, those matches, dont count.
Cause anything will work on them.

Honestly fuck the low tier players tho.
Things shouldnt be purposely bad, or not viable because some players cant handle it and refuse to try to get it better.

1 Like

Those low tier players are the vast majority keeping ques down and the game alive. Devs can’t affor to F them off…

Remove?? Melee? Uhh yeah we’d all be mad?! Cause it’s a predator game hoss we wanna stab people lol. But for the record, plasma caster down range is by FAR the strongest set up in the game and by FAR the easiest. Yes bow is skill and what not, but the giant burst damage from plasma caster is not only meta it’s dummy easy

This is probably the most succinct way of describing the current balance of the game.

The skill level required to play successfully as Pred is higher than for FT - I don’t envy any new players trying to learn the ropes of Pred play.

I think Illfonic made a calculation that the die-hard players tend to be Pred-orientated, and there are enough of them to service the more flexible in numbers and casually played FT.

I understand why the FT is favoured, so I try not to complain too much about the balance (I’d rather the focus was on bug fixes). I still win the vast majority of my games, as for most of the time I’m playing against solo players who (even though they may be good in terms of accuracy/damage they can deal) will never be as deadly as a coordinated team assisting each other. Yeah, it’s a big challenge when you come up against a good squad, but you just have to roll with the punches.

I said in my post that the caster is second after melee. Yeah, its dead easy because of its HUGE splash range. You don’t even need to know to aim, just shoot in the general area.

I was referring that people would be mad about melee because of how much they need it to win. Especially at lower skill celling where all they do is melee.

1 Like

Trust me bro I AGREE. I just know that’s not how it’s gonna happen. Sucks but it’s the truth. They are gonna balance around the lower tier for this game. And again. I do get it. I want the game to be fun for new comers too. Just at the moment there is 0 viable melee option against good players #makethewarclubunparryable

So predator should get fucked over because of some players?
Nah fk that.

Make everything good and viable at every level of play.

1 Like

I get what your saying but caster is just as easy. Also it could be good for those players getting mauled by low tier melee rush predators to learn against them ya know? You’d think eventually the concept of point and shoot would click for them😂

This. I’ve been saying this forever too with the direction the devs have taken you won’t get new predator players. The queue will drop and everybody will be happy until you realize your playing the same 5 predators every week.

If I picked this game up at Christmas instead of release I probably wouldn’t even attempt to play pred, as a result I’d feel like I wasted my money on half a game.

What is the percentage of games you get fucked over when you hit quick play? I think that should answer your issue.

The concept of sticking together even after I reinforce them back and its to much.

1 Like

Thing Is tho,
If we had actual balance it would not be the end of the world for ft.

It would just make it so ft had to actually try and required effort.
They would still be good tho.

Idk who knows what fuckery we’ll
Get from illfonic lol.

2 Likes

Trust me, I am bad. I had experience like 3 games at the start of the game as pred and then a few more in the new game mode with FT vs FT. Played a 6 games a few weeks back and floored 5 out of 6 teams with the elder sword and pretty much nothing else. They are fine because the majority of FT can’t hit shit.

Yeah they can’t seem to do anything right hahaha but I think with melee a fair thing to do would be cough cough. Make war club unparryable. Don’t buff damage or anything. Just make ONE weapon in the game something that can’t be smacked back into the predators face. So if someone wants to go full melee they have that option. The people who don’t know how to parry won’t suffer from this, cause uhh they already don’t parry lol. And the higher tier teams won’t suffer from this if anything it will make it more interesting. Giving the call out “watch it he’s got war club don’t get caught alone” ya know. Something like that

I dont try to balance off of certain players. Those results give too many variables.

I’m going off the characters themselves not player results.
Why you and others cant understand that.

1 Like

Personally I think they should just balance around if premade or not. From 3 players up the predator should get buffs. Making it harder to parry, more damage etc, etc. I don’t think flat buffs or nerfs works. It hits both randoms and premades. Does not work.

Balancing these 4v1 games is hard. Cause they wanna make each player feel like if they are stranded alone they atleast have a shot ya know? But if 1 person has a shot then 2 can take him no problem, 3 are gonna dog him and 4 are gonna laugh at his corpse. (Talking about good players again.) so the likely hood we actually see a nerf to FT is slim

I don’t know about all that. Cause then a premade of 4 shit players is gonna get stomped by a buffed pred bahah

What I am telling you is that good predators have good win rates when they hit that button. Then the current state of game make low skilled people still playing and that is why its not so bad. In quick play the enemy teams will always have a bunch of potatoes in them making it fair. Then when you rarely find a good premade… You can just have some fun, claim 1-2 if possible and move on to the next game. If they buff predators anymore, they will stomp everything but premades.