I play both sides and facts are facts

This is tricky. The reinforcements mechanic as it is has actually become a lot of fun for me and allows for great strategy play. So yes from a “feel” perspective you’re right it should be another chopper infil and position of some vulnerability for the FT. From a gameplay perspective though the “warp in” makes for a lot of interesting play

As it is now they’re already vulnerable since I love to let them reinforce and the second they get back they get a face full of plasma and they just start scrambling everywhere.

Idk I feel the whole process would take the same amount of time as the regular timer without any stops. Maybe as an added measure they can make it so that if the pred is to close to the chopper it would spot you or shoot with a Minigun which would be the same as the in game one but would track you better than anyone.

It’s more the mechanic of reinforcements. As FT sometimes the “big brain” move of triggering it but leaving the area until last man standing to finish it. Plus when the pred rushes to make the kill before they arrive and your running in a blue circle kiting him like a Scooby-Doo chase is a lot of fun sometimes 😁

1 Like

It’s fun until you get a good team and you kill all 3 that you thought were the last ones only for the 4th to be at the radio and revive them and then they rush exfill… @GetToLaChappa

3 Likes

Oh didn’t say it was always fun for pred lol. Besides, when you know it’s a good team (either going into the match or when you find out in the match) reinforcements are off the table. I’m throwing everything at you to keep you off that radio

Another example of how much the predator community relies on melee as they complain its to weak. If its so weak, why not use more ranged play? Because one takes far more skill and its far harder to do? Perhaps. Still a valid point I would say.

This is what I see usually in games, sometimes they get away with it, sometimes not.

If they would remove melee the outcry would be masive since the vast majority of preds use melee so much.

If they would remove reinforcements AND second wind? Oh boy…

1 Like

Sure I use melee, cause I’m lazy to git gud with ranged weapons, but I don’t complain about the melee weapons besides the axe, that thing needs to be throwable

my friend range weapons are easy just not funny

I was not referring to you complaining in particular. The community in general. Also in the little time I’ve played predator, I went full on melee myself, for the very reason. Its damn easy to do.

The axe is complete trash. Elder sword, scythe its where its at. Damn hard to parry, more so if he knows what he is doing and he is using the first hits and then does back and forward with it (assuming its more like a 1v2 or at best 2v1).

It takes far more skill to use, more so on console. I don’t want to speak on how hard it is to range play on pred well but its far herder then rushing melee.

1 Like

Yeah

Good preds win 99% of the time
Good FTs win 99% of the time
Good pred against good FT win about 50% of the time

I say is pretty balanced for the most part.

Against inferior opponents it will never be balanced. You can’t balance how people play.

Playing Predator and playing FT are two completely different games. Just because you are good at one doesn’t mean you are good at the other. The view, the weapons, the gameplay, everything is different

Give potatoes aim assist.

Bingo game can now be balanced with the idea that people aren’t missing 80% of their shots and can reliably hit a leaping/sprinting predator. Pubs are now no longer incompetent and annoying dicerolls where you hope atleast one other person can manage 500 dmg when it counts.

Game fixed.

2 Likes

I agree with Xan on this. The elder sword and alpha sickle have great burst damage and DPS, one missed parry and your done. The combistick can out range the parry system, and can be thrown if you do get parried. Even the katana is decent, because it causes bleed through parries and has great burst damage.

1 Like

Yeah no how about just caster instead of fucking yourself over for some single target damage.

The payoff doesnt even make any sense considering you’re dropping down from your safe space to put yourself right next to the FT at the highest damage range of their guns & the shotgun-damage knife and potentially even stun yourself against literally the only pred stun in the game if they’re not netted to put icing on the cake lol. There’s no reason for them not to just pull knife and mash heavy attack, atleast knife cant 360 deflect caster shots.

Melee is a waste of the weapon roster everything is just a downgrade of the elder sword’s intial hit that outdamages everything else because combos are a meme.

1 Like

Fair enough you may have your opinion!

there is a reason why all of the best Fireteam (expect less than 6) player who have 100% win rates after the specialization patch have a made a complaint on how easy the game was for full premade squad and now have live completely the game. i will just stat that.

There are no FT players with 100% win rate, I’ve seen the best players lose plenty of times.

1 Like

If the devs just ignore it, it will go away on it’s own right?

1 Like

Who are the Predators you with your team have lost to?

I wrote this already and i still think this would solve most of unbalanced matches.
Ranked matches!
Put a rank like COD. Not this 150 max rank that i reached in the second day.
Then, in ranked matches, if you are a good FT you will face a good Predator. If you are a potato or a newbie FT you will face a bad Predator. Just my opinion…