I see what people mean about the combi throw now.

A little. I think a combistick throw head shot should do 135 damage. That way a thick skin recon or scout isn’t in ohk territory and the other classes can tank a couple hits.

How much damage does a throw do? Wrist blades? I also use downrange with this build. Curious as to damage output of a body shot with spear then 2/3 wrist blades attacks. I’m able to pull it off in quick succession. I’m not using fearless with this build.

base throw: 115 Wbuff126 OWLF109
\headshot 138 Wbuff151 OWLF 131
wristblades do between 30-38 damage based on class and buffs

Wrist blades w/o fearless? What’s Max HP for any FT?

Wristblades are 30 base damage. A body shot with down range is 126. So that’s 156 in two hits. 186 in three hits.

I guess it’s the downrange perk that really makes it strong.

here you go

What’s the max possible HP for FT?

So for a single combo you got ~115(body spear toss) + ~90 (3 wrist blade hits) for ~205 dmg. If that exceeds max HP by a large margin then it’s op.

You know you say that’s how you play, but your play style from the vid you posted on here seemed completely different.

Way more calm and calculated. Doesnt seem like it would be your focus.

Lol you got really lucky inside that building xD.
He almost had you.

Support can’t have both. Thick skin is always more effective health than OWLF, so 190 is max health and Dutch is maxed at ~183 effective health.

So the damage done after a body hit with spear and 3 wrist blade strikes ~ 205 dmg? Doesn’t seem op to me. Maybe a slight nerf is in order?

I knew he was alone and I had two more health kits. I like to be a little crazy when there isn’t much risk.

I am almost certain Owlf is 5% reduction.

Might as well remove headshot damage from the game since that’s the whole point. Nothing is going to make people use recon over a high hp class as long as they can take supports with snipers lol. Kill point blank disc throw while you’re at it its the same thing. And then uncharged bow shots. And then plasma in the middle of melee hits. Basically anything viable vs supports/dutchs/assaults because that is obviously how people are going to play as a consequence of the game not having any weapon restrictions for any classes, just straight level-based upgrades but you’re trying to balance the game around the weakest classes.
There is always going to be a cheesy 2 hit combo on low hp classes unless pred just gets nerfed into the ground.

1 Like

Alright i went back and referenced my math rather than doing it from my memory and i seem to have gotten OWLF and impen mixed together you are correct OWLF is in fact only 5%

don’t trust your memory kids specially after a long workday

1 Like

That’s why fireteam’s perks need to be stronger, basically each doubled in effect, and recon needs better class perks, for example “no thermal footprints” or something like that. People chose the other classes because the benefit of having more perk points is low because thick skin and dexterous are the only two worth choosing.

1 Like

Because perks don’t matter compared to gear & footprints will never have the value of syringes/medkits/ammo. Balancing around recon’s hp is like balancing all the preds around having PredScout’s hp.
Classes not being weapon restricted was always going to skew balance hard when the only difference classes have is hp and 1-2 peices of gear or perks, all of which any class can bring. This happens in every single game with unrestricted loadouts it just gets balanced around the strongest classes while the lower end ones struggle to stay up to par.

Actually, the balance wasn’t bad for scout until they switched the faster revive and secondary damage with the assault. Since then, assault is always better because the scout doesn’t have enough health to survive attacks when going for a revive.

If Illfonic experimented more with class abilities and the strength of perks, they could have made scout and recon viable. It all comes down to effort.

Or if they did PTB (Public Test Build) amongst PC users like DBD.

1 Like