I.T. WAS A DREAM: A GAMER FILM(2023)

You won’t believe this but it will star:
Henry Cavill,
Michael Fassbender,
Matt Damon,
Ben Affleck,
Justin Timberlake or Justin Beaber (rumoured as Kevin Smith),
Various Gamer Youtube Vloggers (TBA).

So in 2022, Brit and Euro gamer clique friends Henry and Michael discover their competitive side and decide to go undercover as geeked out, over-sized clothes, balding gamers because -we’ll- , it’s no lie that their celebrity life styles have hindered their progress in their addiction to online multiplayer competitive gaming. Michael who has been trying to get Henry to audition for an unknown comic book sequel to a very popular movie, had instead got Michael to play Fortnite with him online.

Henry, who is very well known amongst YouTube interviews, that he build’s his own PC’s. And since it went part and parcel with the marketing venture on the Witcher tv series, his marketing team did a spot on his PC endeavors, however Henry is still very much a closet competitive gamer.

In America, we have Matt and Ben, whom have been friends since their first start at celebrity status when their film Clerks which came out in 1994 was a hit with young viewers. Since then, their professional relationship with Kevin Smith resulted in a covert team of a PC Deathsqaud. One thing to note is that Matt and Ben continually bully Justin - I mean Kevin- continuously throughout the film. These frequent get-togethers soon lead to a gamer cosplay convention overseas. Playing anonymous public matches in South Korea, China, and …other Russia.

It was only by chance when evening auditions for a secret Marvel movie had gotten all five of them together, and then eventually their secrets came out over a couple of beers.

It was then their personas, their aliases, that became their private modes of communications at nightly Discords after private photoshoots of said undisclosed Marvel movie property yet to be announced…if ever (it could be for the lead role of Mr.Impossible, in which all of them would rightly feel akward about) .
Henry Caville as @Cadillackid -
Machael Fassbender as @MassImpact124 -
Matt Damon as TheDemonInYou
Ben Affleck as JennyFromTheBrock
J… as KevinMaggot
Various Youtube Gamers

Their midnight adventures would soon take them to world cup competitive First Person Shooters Annual in 2023 where 5 countries would play off for world domination.
During this time, the COVID19 pandemic hits and affects the cast and crew.

The film’s direction would be comedic and drama mixture of The Wizard (1989), Rain Man (1988), Trainspotting (1996) with a semi-documentary camera style direction.

Taglines: “Salt Is On The Menu”, “META? What does META mean?”,“I Spent My Rent Money On The Video Card”, “My Cat Ate the Manual…no…i just don’t understand half of it.”

Budget : $160,000

Currently looking for a Screen Writer.

Thank you for all who read this, and sincerely hope this film gets made.

All profits of this film will be donated to charities made out to the charity of choice of those who starred in the film.

Nope. No more Batfleck. Im not a Belieber, Mr Timberlake should take his hot wife and fuck off forever and I dont ever wanna see Matt Damon’s face or hear his name outside of Team America! And Kevin Smith is the most overrated director of his generation and his comics suck.

You got 5 people playing a, at most, 2 person team game?

Right.

It’s official your 80 :p

In general this sounds uninteresting. You have actors, Movie actors, turn gamers, and it’s a comedy…

No. Esports is very serious and while yes you can do it in comedy considering how outsiders typically view games, especially hollywood, that may not be the best idea.

Besides as an esports fan I would love a serious esports movie.

1 Like

You made some good points, which is exactly why i felt this movie needs to be made!
It needs to sell itself as a humourous adventure in very wholesome way. It needs to captivate the audience that isn’t already attracted to this. It also needs to educate people on what people need to know about the state of the economy that allows people to GAME, not just e-sports. E-sports is the comedy. E-sports should be glorified and admired, while it should peak customers interest on what is available and make it vanity and people who have the money to explore the e-market.This essentially should make spending money on gaming a no-brainer. Making people attracted to gaming at the lowest level.

It should bring to light what people think is hacking, like those USB peripherals that do auto-aim, and the perfect mouse DPS, and the smoothest mouse pad on the market. It should bring to light using MACROS! This film should also highlight things people lost their shit over and made them feel like they had super powers!

I mentioned in my post about The Wizard, where they highlighted the Power Glove, which people lost their shit over in the 80s! This should also give a knod to the unbelievable consumer items that we have access to!

We, today, don’t have that film The Wizard equivalant. I think we really should!

It’s about the pseudo-adult teen journey of gaming that we should all have regardless of where we are in our lives!

It’s not to make bigger sales in gaming, its to dignify our understanding about the truth about gaming…or a fantasy about our gaming life style-at least our gaming spree in our lives.

again, let me restate the title of the film: It Was A Dream, A Gamer Film.

I don’t think appealing to non gamers is a good idea.

I don’t think non gamers are going to watch period.

how is it not-appealing to non-gamers?wha? what did i write that does not appeal…to do …huh?
Was i writing to …i dunno dog lovers in general? Whats your beef? You need to understand tthe demographics of gamers. They just didn’t birth in the year 2002. There are older gamers out there son. Not all of them listen to “Slipnot”…Justin Beiber listens to Slipnot.

Did you read the budget i proposed?

I said it’s not a good idea.

And as to them not watching it, it’s because they’re going to see “game” and go neh.

I will come to fruitation. regardless of the game they play. Infact…maybe the actual game plays a backseat. Like you don’t actually get to see the game in detail…its just the people in the movie that makes it worth while.Its not going to be like the new Mario 3 game everyone is anticipating. Its going to be that non-descrpt game you won’t even see in game.

A. People still won’t care. They’ll see “GAME” and go nope.

B. Then you miss out on the opportunity to show the struggles of actaul esports gaming. The emotion. The plays. The fans. The crowd it’s glorious and there’s so much to it.

1 Like

I get it. i forgot to add that its a drama. There are some real dramatic moments in this film that will make you teary eyed. But thats a small segment meant to be delivered to the golden globes people----the academy awards people. you’re not supposed to know about that.

bump

Good casting choice. Henry does bear a striking resemblance to me in my youth

1 Like