Illfonic, I have some questions about DLC’s

Anime isn’t all that bad, depending on which one you watch, I want a Predator animation series made like 90s Spawn from HBO

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, maybe Animation is what this fandom needs. Plus Anime will do what most won’t and Predator giving free rein to kill in a gory fashion would be sick. Kinda want something like Mortal Kombat: Revenge of Scorpion

3 Likes

Mortal Kombat gore is exactly what a Predator series/movie needs

3 Likes

I KNOW RIGHT! Eh too bad NetherRelm doesn’t have the rights bleh

1 Like

This is a splendid topic, really well written! I hope it stays up for some time. Lot of passion in it.

Talking about lore is usually a difficult matter, because is not always in the hands of the developers (or editors) the possibility of making decisions or explaining things,
so I don’t think we’ll get any big answers or calrifycations, but that’s fine for me (even if I’m ALWAYS looking for lore material and speculations).

On the other arguments,
I honestly don’t like to see the Exiled connected with Predator: Hunters comics, he is still better equipped, while the tribal yautja in that comics really are only armed with “stick and stones” (as far as I remember);
now, the interesting question would be the other one you made:
could they access to comics material and character?
I think “yes”, but I deeply doubt it would be done, beacuse they would’ve already done it
(as much as I’d love to have a Bad Blood or Ahab appearance),
it’s more likely to get Fugitive, or Scar or even a Super Predator model in my opinion.

The female yautja design is a choice I agree on, purely on the roleplay point of view, if I’m a female player I think I’d prefer a “cool and normal” yautja physique instead of a big and wierd anatomy, is easly to get immersed in the roleplay this way.
I still would have done it “more masculine” tho, but eh.

So, getting to the third question… I don’t have really clear the situations about rights, beacuse the Celtic and the Chopper masks names where changed, but so was the Falconer one!
That could have been a creative choice, but I would not see the sense of it.
I like to belive that there are no restrictions on the “Predator” side of the franchise, and so we’ll see maybe a Scar (or a Wolf) DLC character, but who’s to say.

My final bet on an update would be:
Scar DLC, full skin with shuriken as weapon\skin, with the masks of Wolf, Traker and maybe AvP Elder.

Now, lets talk about l o r e:

watching all the information we get throught movies, games and (the well-written) comics, we could assume that the yautja masks change in relation to both the rank and maybe the “specialization” they have, and this changes from clan to clan;
Wolf is a good example:
in the AvP 2010 videogame, the “Elite Clan” has the ones who wear the Wolf mask called elites, wich we can assume it’s a rank;
so, Wolf is an experienced hunter of the elite class, and he also has an entire wall full of masks. We got three options we could came up with, the first is that every mask matches a rank he passed, the second is that every mask matches a “specialization” (for example, being a spear master, a disk master, a whip master, a good tracker etc), and the third, a mix of both the options, wich is what I think makes more sense

Let’s apply this thought:
let’s say Celtic got that mask beacuse he’s a spear master, than he could became an Elite and have only two masks, his and the “Elite (Wolf) mask” that he could choose to wear,
like Scarface, a far experienced hunter probably even stronger than Wolf, and yet equipped with his “Celtic looking mask”.

(Btw, I know Wolf and Celtic are not from the Elite Clan but from the Isolated Clan, yet the logic still fits for the argument)

4 Likes

@IllFonic make it happen or I pay hackers to steal the source code and release Jungle Hunter 😂

Mhe, I find the charming part of the yautja’s design to be the right balance between technology and primitive side,
that is why I don’t particularly like the “too clean” deisgns of Hunter, Scout and Berserker, or the too technological designs of the Spiked Tail Clan, or the too tribal look of the Alfa (but he’s still pretty badass somehow).

Balance is the key for the success, the Super yautja trio in Predators did a great job in that
(awful was instead Fugitive, too technological and smooth, even if it’s explained by the context he is).

3 Likes

But still, if you lost your sight, or limb, would you rather kill yourself or do something to regain that lost piece of u

Yeah I think I’d try to compensate ahahh

In fact it could be speculated that Falconer Predator has a robotic hand.

3 Likes

He does??? I always thought it was a glove for his metal bird

2 Likes

He MIGHT have a robotic hand, it’s not sure

because if you look at the scene in the camp, when the trio is revealed, the metal bird goes on his should and “fuse with it”, not on his hand.

So, a lot of people started to think that the arm is yes a visual reference to human falconers, but mostly a robotic hand;
personally I like to think that is just some sort of adherent glove, but we do not know the truth!

1 Like

Thank you ^^

I really doubt the Fugitive DLC, but a Scar or Super Predator does sound likely since we have 2 Super Predator masks and a Tracker possibly on the way. Also Scar has been hinted at a lot with his Shurikan to his Mask.

Yeah I totally get that plus this is the first time a Female Predator has been like the forefront ever since the time of Big Mama.

Yeah that was really weird to me, mostly because they have Mr. Black’s mask named after the Berserker Predator.

Now that would be interesting! Scar as a class would be out there but the mask of Wolf & Tracker is definitely there!

1 Like

?

download.jpeg-25

It’s a falconer’s glove

download.jpeg-26

1 Like

Yup indeed is a glove, I have the figure with me and it looks more like a glove then prosthetic metal. Then again I could be wrong 🤷🏻

images.jpeg-19

)

2 Likes

Okay I see it now

1 Like

That is a pic from an action figures, it could not be considered a proof by any means.

Here’s a close up from the movie prop

i repeat, even if seems logical to see it as a falconer glove, the robot bird lands on his shoulder in the movie, and that’s it.

I too would preferit as a glove, but still can’t be 100% sure.

@3@ this is possibly the most confusing conversation I’ve been apart of lol. I wish there was a book that had all the details of the movies, telling us what is or isn’t for it could possibly help decide which is true

1 Like

Ahahahh, I can say I’ve been in a LOT more confusing stuff about the AvP universe, but I could not tell if is a good or bad thing

Anyway I think the most important thing of them all is not to have a closed mind, and be always open to ideas and dialogue.

1 Like