I'm afraid this game's gonna die if no gamemodes or maps are released!

Hey there, I appreciate the time you put in this post.

Now “die” it’s rather strong term, nevertheless I believe we’ll be experiencing a decrease on the player base, for sure.

Considering that from the release date up to now there was this period where not so many appealing games where released (PS4) I still feel that not so many people got the game.

As aforementioned, at some point we will be a rather small group of people playing it daily or spending a few hoirs here and there throughout the week.

Diversification is a key part to keep current players engaged but as well to attract new ones and in here I believe we all agree that the introduction of new maps, game modes, items such weapons, perks and customisation is the way to go.

The potential of the game is huge and I wish to believe that IllFonic is consciously working towards expanding it–some complain about slowness in releasing stuff, I prefer that they have a regularity in their schedule release to keep momentum rather then release several items at one but then months without any new input.

Obviously the content release should somehow be engaging and not o ly a cosmetic thing such new hair style etc.

But I get my concerns regarding the longevity of playing it…perhpas matchmaking will turn into +45min :(

2 Likes

they are already fixing it little by little using the patchs.
regarding to this matter they are doing great
this is the best version of the game since it’s clunky installment at the release day.

They announced a new game mode coming this month

2 Likes

It is because it got rushed by Sony or someone

1 Like

wow, thats good news!!! I’m excited to see

Yeah. there’s a roadmap, with 2 content updates each month: 1 free, 1 paid (but very cheap really). Most probably, and hopefully, the next free update will be the new game mode (+ hammerhead and Dutch’s knife ,both free).

1 Like

lets hope sony doesnt do what sega did to rebbelion in aliens vs predator remake

1 Like

Where did they announce it?

they really aren’t, PC still hasn’t gotten a shred of optimization in the patches lol

1 Like

I’m sensing this could be a Fall and Redemption story for Illfonic. Remember No Mans Sky? Remember Angry Joe trashing that game on release? Now look - the game has been hugely improved and retails at mid-table pricing.

Our continued support for Illfonic and this game might be the only way to secure our best expectations and experiences of the game.

The gamemodes that we need are “massive survival grounds” not just like 4 v 1… i mean like actual 12 v 3 like we saw in movies… or even 32 v 8 game mode with huge ass maps where you can modify weapons and try to survive and find like ships to get away from sanctuary planets in space

NOT to even talk about the maps… on one map should come like few different map designs such as different weather on it, different time set on it…

I’m talking blizzards, storms, tornados, night time, snow, foggy

Maps and modes are a must.

As it’s so hard to get online to play as a Predator, there needs to be more than the tutorial to play. I’d like the chance to play against more IA and even an AI fireteam.

Maps wise, there needs to be at least one urban map, if not more.

I’d also like to see Harrigan, Peter Keyes and Royce come out as playable characters, along with maps related to them.

A mode set on the hunting planet, with multiple Predators and humans would also be fun, with the predators hunting each other as well as the humans.

And lets not forget Predator hounds…

3 Likes

totally agree. That’s what we’ve been asking since it’s launch.
I hope they hear us all.

Doubt that lol… i doubt they will add like all of the stuff that we want… probably like 30-40% of our stuff what community says and 60% of what they decide would be good for profit

1 Like

endless possibilities for a game like this!
The foundation has been made, remaining issues are slowly being fixed by the devs.
Now it’s time for the expansion.

it took almost 20 min for matchmaking to find a game and when it did the countdown finished and somehow the game didnt start, sending me back to title screen again !
I don’t know guys, but this issue should have been fixed in the last patch but it keeps happening again.
Maybe this game is meant to be like this forever.
Can’t believe this, sicerely!

1 Like

That’s been happening to me ever since the update, if this doesn’t get patched soon, it’s going to kill the game faster than anything else…

1 Like

Realistically… the only three major things that can kill of the playerbase is repetitive content, short and rushed match objectives AND actual que times

How i see things, all three can be easily fixed cause they are tied together, basically Longer que times happen cause either lost intrest or just not satisfied with the product… which can involve all of the above or actual bugs in game… Anyways lets say the community keeps growing but slow af and they stay to see what new content will be added, and it gets added… This means if they just keep adding content that WONT be repetitive or look apealing the actual que times will keep getting longer… IF they fix the content but the actual match feels rushed, the que time will slowly become higher… This all comes down listening to what actual large portion of community wants to be added

Well heres another few things contributing to the active playerbase.

• Core game is heavily flawed. I have tried to fix this. You can find it here.
  • Many players abusing private matches solo to farm veritanium, which is no doubt dividing the playerbase. Discussion about that here.
  • Bugs and quality of life. Running off the players who might have stayed. I think DDog addresses these issues best here.
2 Likes

A lot of people that I know that bought the game on release already stopped playing since they updated the game where they buffed the predator like crazy and nerfed the fireteam badly. Personally, I am trying my hardest to continue to enjoy the game, but at this point, I can’t support the game due to its unbalance. Predator is way to Overpowered, and I know someone will regardless disagree and say it’s a good call. Either way, that’s my opinion. His camo is nearly impossible to spot, can’t see his laser anymore due to perks, his attack rate and damage per second is ridiculous, his splash jumping damage is almost 1 shot kill. Snipers are useless now, and the guns don’t do enough damage anymore to get him to back off. I get the game is suppose to be similar to Friday the 13th, but I preferred the game before the updates and ruined fireteam. That’s just my opinion again, I respect people who disagree, I just wanted to put it out there in hopes for fireteam to be buffed up a bit. Thanks again IllFonic