Private Match Rewards

So I already know what a lot of people are gonna say, that people shouldnt be punished for playing with their friends in private matches.

But Wowzers is private matches way too easy to abuse. As a pred main, I do play FT sometimes. But alot of the time I dont feel like playing with mic’less teamates, or roflstomp pubs (both ways). So I play private matches.

To give you an example of why this is a big issue. I get to decide, should I go play pubs and contribute to the population of the game, not have the slightest amount of fun, and get no rewards? or should I just spend 10 minutes in a private match and make mad money?

Examples:

This was one private match. 3000 Veritanium, and an OWLF recording. and I had about 5 minutes to spare for extract.

Now granted, you dont always get 3000 vert and owlf recordings. But at least, you are generally getting 1000 per match if you explore all the main camps.

Solution? Remove private match rewards other than XP entirely. However, make it so that ALL of the veritanium as well as owlf recordings you pick up during a pub match, is kept even upon death. This will encourage more people to play fireteam, as rewards will be consistent. and I gurantee it will get a ton of players to stop abusing private matches.

2 Likes

And everyone that was farming private will run off and farm public matches and ignore the team and mission and you’ll complain about that. Atleast this way the people that actually want to play can and those that want to farm can in their own lobby

4 Likes

As I see it right now the only reason not to farm verit while playing (and hell a reason not to even explore at all) is because of the losing verit on death. If we encourage FT to farm in pub matches, the exploring they do to collect will significantly extend match times without having to touch the objectives.

Yo dude seriously? Are you really trying to ruin that? It’s hell trying to earn Veritanium in regular matches because I have to rush and only get couple hundred or less. I like to go into private matches to chill and talk with friends while we search for Veritanium to be able to purchase some styles. Are you seriously trying to ruin this? Wtf? If this really happens people are going to run off and say " fuck the team. I’m going to farm. " it’s the only reason I play this game anymore because I hate rushing. I hate rushing as Ft and Predator, especially as Predator. Don’t ruin this for people who wants to chill and play the game.

6 Likes

spend 10 minutes in a private game and make mad money

If we didnt lose rewards on death, and the matches werent so damn short, we wouldnt need to farm vert on such a cheese level. Dont get me wrong, other changes need to come with removing this. But this right here, is not healthy for the game in any sense.

Everytime someone enjoys something there’s always somebody trying to ruin it. Unbelievable. Smh.

2 Likes

I do enjoy me some private match veritanium farms. Nice and chill!

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy it too. But I want the game to thrive. If everyone spent their time grinding vert in Private matches, then the game would die very quick. You shouldn’t have to solo grind veritanium in the private matches. but because you lose shit on death in pub, its not even a question what the better choice is. I’m suggesting we make the pub matches the better choice, as it will be far more healthy for the game.

1 Like

Disagree.

Let people play with friends and get rewards.
Let people who want to solo farm do that.

Let people have their fun.

3 Likes

Alright fair enough. Im not gonna argue it anymore.

I totally get where you are coming from.

There needs to be more incentive to play pub for veritanium though, beyond picking up the loot piles, maybe fixed rewards for completing objectives? Perhaps for reviving teammates, a reward for downing a predator, things like that.

I feel there is some sort of system like that in place right now because I leave with more V than I collect from time to time, but it needs to be clearer as to why. At least it’s something I’m missing.

Also, the Predator desperately needs an adjustment in their V earning.

1 Like

I actually dont understand why getting downs as pred and revives as FT is not rewarded and counted on scoreboard.

1 Like

I’m 100% against this, I let my son play private match’s as he isn’t allowed to play with random’s.

In game currency earned through PM is his only way to unlock things, and even if this wasn’t the case it would be absolutely BS for a player who has already gotten everything this way to then say others shouldn’t be able to do the same.

Seriously stop making suggestions that will simply backfire and stop people from playing. Tapes are nothing but plot, Vert only unlocks cosmetics, what the hell is wrong with you that you think it’s something that should be removed?

6 Likes

Now that is one case i had not considered. A rare one. But one that definitely makes sense.

Edit

I cant argue your case. Its too rare. But allow me to explain.

Tapes are only plot and vert is only cosmetics. Which is exactly why removing it from private matches should not matter. However, people want vert and people want logs.

As the game is right now, there needs to be 4 FT for every 1 predator. If even half the playerbase is farming in private matches rather than playing pubs (which they have no reason not to) that is EXTREMELY unhealthy for the game.

So buffing the rewards for the pubs, and removing them from private matches, Which literally every other game with private matches is smart enough to do in the first place so we dont have to have these conversations in the first place, is highly important. Because if this is allowed to continue, there wont be much of a game left for people to stop playing.

Your case with your son is extremely rare so as I said. I cant argue the validity of your stance. The only point I can put forward, and excuse it for being highly insensitive is, this is a multiplayer game. Its expected you play it multiplayer. And for the game to continue to survive. People need to play it multiplayer.

And finally. I dont have everything. Far from it. I still want vert and logs just like everyone else. The only reward I would keep in private matches is XP because in the grand scheme of things, you should get xp for anything you do so you can progress. So if hes not 100 yet, im not suggesting we remove his means to get there.

Yeah there definitely is. Im fairly certain its just the drop pod though

1 Like

Look, if you want to increase the rewards for multiplayer matches I’m not against it. However there’s not enough incentive in removing functionality from PM. Players who enjoy it as a break from being slaughtered will simply play other games and that defeats the purpose of removing it.

I’d rather have other rewards for public matches that make sense, things like the idea of earning credits to add antagonists or animal prey to the maps. Like the suggestion I made today.

Im definitely not against your stance on this. And if they simply buffed the rewards for pubs tbh i wouldnt care.

Sorry for the rudeness of my initial post, good chatting with you.

This and as I said, just let people have fun the way they want to. They paid for it.

But most people are already level 100 since day 2. So its lore and cosmetics you want to put behind a obstacle. Highly illogical reasoning.