Is feminism Winning or is it the benefactor of Disservicing Ideal Women(something we admired and loved throughout the centuries)?

I get that the role of ideal men and women in modern western society has dwindle to the point where the only one winning from a males point of view is one who is passive and women who are winning aren’t winning based off of their desirable qualities but by their ability to take over as the male idol. So no longer will we need females, but what they are catering are to those who are marginally subsided into the fringes, those who aren’t confident as women rather those who are just confident based on marginalized traits (bottom feeder people-the loser women).

Modern western popular culture don’t care about making super men or super women, they care about making the ‘rest’ of the them featured as ‘shitty people’ in the The Last of Us.

Need i say more?
Horinzon Zero Dawns Alloy, is a good example where we will begin to see a less beautiful women portrayed as an protagonist. but this is the standard. Hopefully the story will be compelling enough to be invested in to complete the game. i don’t think SHE will start a revolution.

I won’t claim to living in the ‘freak country’ but i understand that those who live in countries who understand idealisms (those who lived for decades under military service) would find this “WESTERN” scapegoatism to be somewhat bizarre and a ‘go no where’ strategy. I can’t pretend that dreams are built from weird idols. It wasn’t that way for the last 100 years. Will it be a spurt of 2-3 year stories from games with weird idols?

Is it the only way to tell stories today? I don’t think so. Star Trek has proved this. But modern storytelling in Netflix/HBO tv series and game story development seem to be disproving it often these days. I don’t know WTF is Lovecraft Country is all about but they lost me entirely.
Horizon Zero Dawn seemed like an innocent perspective from a childs point of view trying to understand the past, but are they going for some LGBQ- feminsn point of view now?
Comics are now starting to become all about SJW culture.DC has turned that shit storm into a complete Black Hole of Dark Matter spot to me. I don’t think anyone who likes stories gives a damn about this social queerism taking it over.

Is the only way to keep our attention is by giving us the Man-EVE, is this a way of captivating our selves in a binge watch hoping that ‘this problem’ is solvable with a happy ending? Are these GIRLY MEN a solution to the problem? Since when was it a problem?

I mean Lara Croft was admirable for a time, but men and women could play her. I guess we pushed her character to the edge of embarrassment? She was appealing, she was beautiful. Have we stopped wanting these types of characters?

To think, game developers start telling stories with AUTISTIC, OBESE, Diseased, dying, morbid, angry, suffering from mental illness type women as YOUR NEXT NEW IDOL to me is absurb. But make them marginally pretty and executives will start to cherry pick. OMG!!!
So if you could steer the moral compass of narrative and make them the hero, you might have a valid product?

WTF Happened to Harry Potter! Did he get replaced?
Is this what the Harley Quinn product line is all about?

So is your point that woman hero’s aren’t just hero’s anymore, but like plot devices for SJW purposes? Or am I missing it entirely

1 Like

Mmm word soup my favorite lol

Break it down into concise points cuz you’re all over the place here

You got it. Seems like I was pretty clear, some aren’t reading between the lines or not getting the KEY POINTS.

Do you franchise Aliens ( more about the forward thinking universal ideas)? Or do you SJW Aliens making it more about the issues with the person to gain political / popular leverage(which for most seems interchanglable these days) ?

Do you ever read? Or do you just see a large body of words and decided…nope “i will not read that” (with eyes closed). You seem like a Slut Master to me…so you wouldn’t know about reading.

Are you expecting him to read this?

1 Like

This is not about you you you!

Quiet you. I’m trying to read

1 Like

then read by all means!

1 Like

You can call me on my cellphone, late night when you need my…

My cell phone is not for calling. It’s for reading and watching videos

Yeah I don’t think aliens is a Social justice film. People these days just say dumb shit like that to try and sound smart

ahem…Predator. But hopefully its not the case. I think you’re misreading my example. I’m not saying it is a truth thats going to happen, but there are cases such as predator that ppl will use to make a case to market and exploit even before it happens.
Social exploitation happened with THE PREDATOR…where a young autis kid is used to…‘sell’ a perspective however trivial .

Wel yeah but that movie was universally trashed

either way…whats done was done.
There are many social/if not controversial aspects of a film that could be used for these franchises just to get peoples interest. And since its hot topic for media magnets, you’ll have dozens of articles being written about it for the soul interest to get yours.

The imperfect women described on games may be more relatable and give depth to a character. I think there’s plenty of imperfect men in gaming too. I think it makes for a more appealing story. I don’t read much, but I’d imagine that’s how it was/is on books

I don’t think the story has changes, but the way we disect it has. People see things in the the present context.

1 Like

Well hopefully they learn soon to stop cause they aren’t finding much success with this strategy in the predator franchise

you make a good point.

still, the 80s was a time where the alpha male was needed because there was no role model to promote good films. Nor was there a strong female lead so there was a great need for ms. weaver .
Now, it seems they won’t or can’t or refuse to redo the formula because there is a chance that people won’t gather for it. now its about an ‘underdog’ that few are behind.

Is the ‘role model’ a prestige amongst award winners? is it a government response to their society thing that they won’t get behind? Can it not happened all over again? or do we need these underdogs to sell the long binge watched tv series or video game?

sigh i just don’t get it.

I guess role models create a slew of alpha males and strong women…and society either champions that or doesn’t.

Perhaps in general in society people feel like underdogs and that’s what’s marketed. People want to see a Cinderella story more because the manly male lead has only perpetuated his own success.

Im not against females leads, but they do seem like they try too hard with it. It does feel forced. But it doesn’t have too be. We don’t need to keep pushing the narrative that an underrepresented character in society is destroying the old order. Perhaps a better way would be to show how such character is introduced into it, showing that the old order is flexible and changing.

1 Like

You make a good point. I mean, there a fewer and fewer paper back novels with the motiv of alpha male …etc.etc…its leaning towards intelligent individuals no matter what background.
I just think the LBQG thing is becoming a farce, or a stereotype now. People are being ever more critical of this representation.
I just think writers should be more intellegient to the point where their characters they write are intrigcate rather than this contrived nonsense.

1 Like