Issues with Prey

S P O I L E R S !!!

Ok, so most of us liked the movie, some of us likes the new Predator look… but did anyone found something about the movie that does not make much sense? Was there something through out the show that bothered you? If this question would have been asked back in 2018 about a different predator movie, the list would be endless. Share your thoughts below, but first let me share what I found… strange?

• Mask – its cool af, not really just an alien skull decoration, but a full fleshed out bio helmet with all the high tech goodies we are used to. But why the hell, this mask, that was used 300 years ago, offers a heads up display system that seems to be way more advanced than those of the Jungle and City hunters? Shouldn’t it be at least the same, if not inferior to them?
  • Mask seems to have no re-breather function. You can see that the mouth is not covered and pressurized like in other movies, and when knocked off, there is no methane gas escaping from pipes. How was this Yautja (Hish?) able to breath on Earth?
  • Cloak – ok, this was a struggle to me. This cloaking system looks ok (original effect was way more cool in my opinion and there was no good reason to change it) but again – it seems to offer much better camouflage than the cloaking systems that will be used in 300 years. Also, it doesn’t shortcuts when in contact with water, so it seems to be much more advanced – why?
  • Spear gun tracking. Ok, Feral knows his spears are laser guided (shit hot design btw), so why he died the way he died?
  • How will the pistol find its way in to Yautja possession?

So I have only 4 problems with this movie. Fifth one is not a problem, more of a question

6 Likes

Face looks dumb.

6 Likes

I did not like it very much myself. It dosent spoil the movie for me, but there was no need to change the look.

Agreed. Solid movie overall in my opinion. Better than expected

1 Like

I was confused about the fact that he skinned the Snake and took it’s spine.
Like, was it that worthy? is that the deadliest this guy has seen so far?
The only reason for that, the fact that he just steps into Beartraps and how he got killed, is that maybe this could be a young Yautja, which has been dropped on that planet for his first hunt.
And maybe this was shortly after the Hish/Amengi thingy.

With the Hish victorious, they enslaved the remaining Amengi and assimilated their technology, developing it over the years.[4]

1 Like

I think I’m exchange for not being affected by water, the cloak cut out a little and showed the predator, and the pistol might be explained in another movie.

Looking at this mother%ucker’s mouth, I’m convinced he is more Hish than anything else. Also his hunting style is not much of stalking, more of going batshit crazy and just swinging left and right like a gladiator. And yes, he was reather clumsy and naive at times ;-)

3 Likes

It did, but also when he was taking objects to his hands… so not sure what was that about

Pocahontas going melee vs the predator, jumping on head putting a rope then pulling him down wtf how bad the Predator was doing the fight vs her, how he died

3 Likes

Considering, by the time of the finale battle, he was impaled on his own spear, had his arme cut off (by himself) was stabbed like 50 times and shot in the back of his head from 50 inches… yeah, she probably had a good chance of doing all that.

But why in the fu%k did he shot himslef in the head with a laser guided spear?

Total potato he was XDDDDDD

9 Likes

He couldn’t react in time to the speargun, had a bullet lodged in his brain, bleeding out from his arm and honestly most damning of all was stuck in that mudpit. Just makes Jungle Hunter look like a bit of a tool since he couldn’t dodge a log hanging above him whilst barely even hurt & not held in place.

6 Likes

Why would he even use the speargun without the mask since it depended on it, he was a fucking idiot, like most characters in this movie. Bunch of retards. Only guy that seemed to have a brain was the older brother.

2 Likes

And he died like a hero… or that jamaican gangsta in Pred 2 - he was impaild on wristbaldes in the exact same way… sweet

Yup, Feral was brutal but naive, just like me when I play P:HG. Telling you, he was a potato!

3 Likes

Definitely nowhere near as skilled as City or Wolf, but not a coward like Jungle either. Honestly respect how much he went in, dude took blows & hit back harder. Probably the best action we’ve seen in this franchise since 2. He had style too, not sure what was better him chopping a dude’s head off with his shield or the Auto-pilot Smart Disc bombs. The bullet bouncing off his bio-mask and killing the dude for him was the level of cocky comedy I love to see from Yautja.

4 Likes

Yes he was a savage rushing potato with no brain, surprised he didnt crash his ship and died on the way to Earth

4 Likes

I really enjoid watching him going berserk on people and animals, but what do you think about his heads up dispaly system and cloaking? This is 300 years ago and they seem way more advanced than those used by present day preds?

2 Likes

Luckily, it sems that it was not his ship - just a uber. He was droped of by a skilled Yautja pilot ;-)

4 Likes

I didn’t like the Beehive Pattern on the Cloak, think it ain’t needed and looks too different. But the Speargun I felt was amazing, possibly the best variant of it. I got really fucking confused by the Cloak at first but rewind it to see his feet actually do Uncloak whilst he’s in the Stream so I guess it just wasn’t enough to short circuit the whole thing.

His level of tech honestly reminded me of Wolf mixed with City, which is good. Just wish his cloak had the classic effect.

That shield is actually ballin’ and I really want those Smart Disc bombs in something.

2 Likes

That would be one of the things that make the most sense in this. Drop the inbred deformed looking potato Predator on a random planet cus everyone at home is tired at looking at him.

7 Likes

You just made my day with that pal XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

4 Likes