Issues with Prey

I’m about to rewatch the film just now so I will pay more attention to the cloaking, but yeah, we need that spear gun in P:HG. Some one actually put in some thought in designin it and the whole system around it. I would not mind the shiled as a gear item…

It was strange but interesting to see the Targeting laser actually split off and guide three separate bolts into someone.

2 Likes

I’d rather pull my teeth than watch that movie again

2 Likes

I had my thoughts on the laser targeting system being three independant lasers since Predator 2. In the slaughterhouse scene, when Keys is about get his face burned off by a plasma bolt, you can see the lasers on him not being aligne in to a triangle - one is way off.

4 Likes

Just rewatched all predator scens again. Way better than pulling my teeth ;-)

1 Like

Eh I have to disagree. You don’t need a helmet to tell you a dead body is a dead body. That’s the type of thing the military would cut because it’s a waste of space.

Fair point I forgot that existed.

Or maybe it’s another global warming message :p

We only saw him step his foot into the water compared to predators full on drench.

1 Like

Ya so this is supposed to be the first Yautja on earth.

Now that is bullshit, and the film never directly supports this. However it can still be gleamed that this predator at the very least has no information on this planet or it’s inhabitants. So he absolutely was exploring for the first time.

I imagine it as a trial by Fire by training only in combat and not their prey.

We saw earlier that even with the mask it still shoots somewhat straight. So in a desperate situation (stuck in place, special needs bullet, one arm, no other ranged weapons) it works as your best option.

3 Likes

Jesus… I hope that was not the case XDDDDDD

1 Like

The trap was an homage to the first movie. Maybe not done that well, but the setting necessitated him to walk since where weren’t many trees to traverse. This time, he couldn’t run away tho, unlike in the first movie. He kinda had to stay and fight and he delivered (where in the first movie he would have likely died). I didn’t see the scene clearly enough, but I don’t expect the trap to be laying in the open and clearly visible. Perhaps feral knew something was up and was keeping eyes open on surroundings and the bait.

All the dumb moves by feral are somewhat acceptable and are not done cause his an idiot. To the casual viewer it’s mostly palatable, but to a diehard fan these always something amiss. I dont think it’s a fair outlook to put this much scrutiny on him. For the most part the events are logical enough and while i still don’t like certain aspects i think the movie is decent, especially the first half before it becomes too Naru-centric.

4 Likes

Agree with you on this in 99%
Remaining 1% is the scene when the idiot shoots himself in the head ;-)

1 Like

Maybe the uber dropped him off and this is just predator population control

2 Likes

The part i don’t like a put that is that the mask was in exact needed location. Otherwise feral was somewhat stuck, under duress and out of offensive options. And i think it may have been difficult to dodge or duck considering he was somewhat immobilized. I personally don’t like it, but there is cleverness to this from Naru’s sides

Not that trap. The Frenchie trap.

that is without doubt. She defeted him exactly in the same way Dutch defeted Jungle Hunter - by dumb luck ;-) And thats why I like her

1 Like

Reminded me most of Goblin’s death in Spidy 1.

1 Like

The dumb luck was in execution, but the part about being observant and having an actual plan is still good. It would even be good in failure, but then we might not see the full extent of it. Imagine if JH hunter notices the trap, avoids it and stabs Ditch to death. It might actually be inadvertently funny to come to a realization of ‘that dumbass Dutch actually thought this would work?’. It might be an unintended effect that would be worse than the original ending.

1 Like

Agree, tbh with you Naru, suprisingly, made very good impresion on me. I like they way she was developed - at the begining she could not hit shit with that tomahawk, froze and was not able to face predator after it wiped out her hunting party - later on she was able to take out 4 armed men, but it was after a while she got to that stage. This is refreshing, to have a female led but not a fu%king mary sue.

Feral pred? If the desing wolud have been original Stna Winston, than this would be my favourite pred. But as the look is so difrent, can’t really say he will ever take City Hunter place for me ;-)

4 Likes

I think it’s a decent underdog plot. She fails and learns, gets her confidence, tries to think outside the box. It’s not that bad, but i do get why fans of the movies what a major changeup to the formula. It’s not just her, this has been weighting on them since the first movie.

That’s art for you. People want to breath in something of their own for better or worse. Of anything, at least it keeps the door open as opposed to things staying in line with whats expects. It’s makes it easier for things to evolve if small transgressions are made.

3 Likes

I don’t care if the preds look different from one another, but fuck. Make them still look like preds. Like the difference between the first and second.

7 Likes

I know what you mean - its like where the fu%k are we going with this? Next movie he will not have his mandibles quz he is from a diffrent part of the planet?

Seriously, he looks like a potato hate-fuc%ed an avocado and sit on the fetus… Maybe he was dropped of on Earth without proper briefing on inhabitants for a reason XDDDDDD