Issues with Prey

Yeah, how tf did naru figure out he used thermal vision? Like this is way before that kinda tech is even thought of and she never looked thru the mask to see heat rays

1 Like

tbh - that was actually very clever - she didn’t. All she have noticed is the guy who she drugged was stone cold and somehow invisible to the creature. So she decided to risk it for herself and it worked.

That was actually way more clever than getting her all muded up like in EVERY 1987 ripoff

2 Likes

Yeah but the guy who was drugged was also injured. Unless I completely missed something

Ya, and it was easily fixable too. Instead of having him play dead, have him be frozen in fear. That way you could insuate it was the flower somehow.

As far as she knew it could of been the fact he was playing dead.

2 Likes

My only issues with it were the cgi predator face it didn’t look horrible definitely a lot better than the super predator from “The predator 2018”. and also the fact that the women found out that using that drug makes you invisible to the predator.

1 Like

he was, and Feral was inspecting him quz he saw the blod trail that was still warm. This movie is actually well thought

2 Likes

Yeah Feral probably figured out Adolini was faking it when he saw the Blood and that’s why he stomped on him.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but at that very moment, when Feral in a split second just impaled his chest, I was like - of fuck, NO!
This movie made me feel bad bacause of this randome dudes death XDDDDD

1 Like

Good point that
She also might have thought it was the drugs magical powers, not necesarrly making you cold ;-)

2 Likes

“It was a thunderbird”

1 Like

Either way it’s far more realistic that moving was the issue, from a 2+2 perspective

Exactly my point :-)
She actually refers to the predator as “Mupitsl” which is some sort of folk booge man. So yeah, she did not have a clue about cold, thermal vision or laser guided smart weapons ;-)

1 Like

The mud scene in trailer was red herring

I honestly thought that it will be the movies cheap way of doing hide and seek with predator - turned out to be something else - I liked that

1 Like

I i did too. For the most part, a the homage scenes to other movies were well done. Something the pred faithful should appreciate.

1 Like

He was shot in the head, I’d imagine some huge brain trauma is going on that he can’t think straight. I would think you know how that works when taking blows to the head? Which would work in Naru’s favor, as otherwise a more mentally stable Feral could have killed her easily.

The speargun, he had no idea the mask was going to be used against him, nor would he be able to see it better due to it being an object that would be cold and thus blend in with the environment. They have a limited range without the mask remember? I feel like this is super nit picking at this point, the film is fine. Some areas could have been better, but overall I give it a 8/10.

4 Likes

Still like my point, it’s far more elogical for a person to think that it’s playing dead that fooled him

I mean that’s why he played dead, to avoid detection.

No mask no thermal vision

Still a pure red vision would be limiting.

1 Like

This is something else I had issues with. Shot in the head point blank with a flintlock pistol. It pierced and went all the way thru his head to knock his helmet off and he was still fine, but the tracking dart killed him doing the same thing the bullet did

The shot went inbetween the eyes did it not? Either way, multiple head shots will kill anything. A Predator’s head isn’t that thick so it makes sense.

2 Likes