Killed a Pred in a Knife-fight...

Update… Killed more Preds solo using mostly a knife. Sure, I will admit that they are not the top of the line Preds. But they are still Yautja, and one human should not be able to solo a Pred in a knife-fight.

Playing FT should be where the challenge is really at. Not playing the Pred.
I get so many “rage-quitting” Preds when I play FT that its almost funny… but I feel sorry for em. Wait 10+ minutes only to get lasered by a PC player that isnt even abusing the low graphics settings.

I relish the matches where I face a good Pred. But even then, it’s mostly due to the rest of the FT being almost clueless that its even a match.

And when playing Pred you are quite lucky if you even get a full lobby that isnt lagging like crazy, or a full lobby period.

Well, just an update while I do some daily stuff before goin back to Ghost of Tsushima.

U know that 60% of preds in this game are just trash that rush and die in first 2 minutes… They have no patience and always doing poor decisions so they get melted in seconds…

The power role should be the predator. The challenging role should be the fireteam. But it’s not. That’s what makes these games fun is that beating the killer requires teamwork and strategy. You have to actually earn your SURVIVAL. Escaping should be your main goal. Killing the killer should be a last resort that’s hard. On here you’re better off killing the predator than escaping. And it’s not even that hard if you have a decent fireteam that doesn’t split up to each end of the map. Seeing the pred die over and over again is getting stale and rips out any fear factor this game actually had. So now all we’re left with is boring fireteam and frustrating predator.

4 Likes

So true

Yeah there’s a lot of predator players that are bad. But even the good ones I’ve gone up against either struggle or die. And whenever I see a predator win, they’re always covered in green blood, showing they’re nearly dead anyway. So they only win by a strand of hair. That’s how it should be for fireteam. Escaping by the skin of you teeth is way more satisfying than what we have now.

5 Likes

Iam always near death when i play againts premade FT its “almost” impossible to win… And if they playing as 4 supports with ammo and medkits bags its nightmare

1 Like

Sorry mate, but Illfonic should NOT buff Predator health. If they do this it just encourages sweaty, combistick berzerker meta’s.

There needs to be a specific nerf to organized FT’s, typically PC, to prevent steamrolling. A good first step would be to lower SR damage by 15%. It’s miserable as a Scout or Elder to watch literally 20% of your health bar dissappear in two shots.

Now, I hear you saying “git gud lul”… but stfu. Hit-scan weapons are insanely busted.

The best “buff” for the Predator right now would be to cut all healing for the FT by 20%. On-map and medkits.

I just met a good Pred. As in he killed most of the FT at least once, well… not me. Anyway, it was 3 PS4 people and me on PC vs a PC Pred.
The Pred did everything right, yet… thanks to the abundance of healing I managed to stay alive to inflict 4.5k dmg on the Pred and in the end hunt him down in his 2nd 2nd Wind and kill him with the last few bullets I had left. Literally had to knife the NPCs that come for the corpse.
But despite the Pred doing almost everything right, to me he was not that much of a threat… I knew where to find consistent heals and two of the PS4 guys carried extra medkits.

In the five matches I’ve played today, I got 3 defuses and 4 biomasks… It is far easier to play FT than Pred. Even scrub players can be carried by a slightly above average PC player(me)… Only 1 out of those 5 matches ended in a Pred win, and that Pred was heavily damaged and had his biomask popped and had to run away to heal more than once.

3 Likes

How do even rationalize what you said? Dutch didn’t use a knife… he used traps and the Predator then fought with its fists. Harrigan used a throwing disc after City Hunter was wounded… you’re argument is just 1v1 and throwing out context.

The ONLY 1v1 knife fight was in Predator when Billy challenges Jungle Hunter. Billy got his ass stomped into a mud pie.

The fight in Predators you can make an argument for but the reach of the katana compensated for the Preds arm reach.

1 Like

The only reason why predator lost is cause the directors wanted it to be like that aka script…

But to actually answer it more in depth…

Predator lost cause in all the movies the predator decided to take his mask off, not use the wrist blades, not use plasma caster…

And not to mention their raw brute force even picked up fking dutch with one hand and pinned him on a tree… In that place pred could have just snapped his neck or just punch him with full force…

Other predators had an option to just do the same lol…

Doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile …

Winnings winning 😜

Ok how about this… how would you feel like if pred just decided to decapitate dutches head? it wouldnt be much fun right or logical…

And he had a chance btw… if i was in his shoes i would do it lol…

Dutch beat the jungle hunter using the creatures pride

So did Harrigan

The hunters have egos and they act like they are fucking invincible when all it takes is Danny Glover on his knees to take them down.

Get over yourselves lol

And Danny Glover parried the city hunter a few times before killing him

But this is not the case is it my lovely friend :P

You dont see people playing pred with mercy and having egos… you have actual people playing predator with anxiety of being seen from miles due to game bugs and also the sniper being broken and weapons not having bullet drop unlike how it is existant on predator… as it works with gravity… while fireteam disobeys actual physics laws xD…

Anyhow enough of that but hopefully you get the point they need to make it so 4 fireteam members have somewhat hard time killing pred if he is moving… and obviously if pred is close proximity on ground uncloaked he would get melted…

1 Like

If your constant is repeatedly getting your ass kicked I might suggest that you just suck ?

The amount of predator players I’ve seen posts from that Take the utter piss out of fireteams players is insane.

Like they are just cannon fodder …

And here you are asking that the humans be nerfed to suit your egos needs.

I think an offline mode with an easy option would suit you more 👍

I can only speak for ps4, but I feel for the most part it’s well balanced. BUT when you have a Predator and FT, each highly skilled, the game mechanics very heavily favor the FT in that scenario. And I get why it’s designed that way, but it is rather irritating. Predator simply has no answer to a high level team due to game mechanics even if he’s equally skilled.

2 Likes

Nah mate where did i say i keep loosing? why are you provocating? aren’t we able to have a nice human person to person convo? I want to know whats your reason? But never the less… <3

I admit i lost quite a few times by the hand of pre made teams both ps4 and pc players and that was cause they knew what they were doing… for example camping the pigs and not letting me use them… for example landing shots only at bio mask… and for example… just try harding… anyways i made up my mind long time ago i wont stress over the games… but you cant really say that this is all right and fair? Like tell me? Do you think it is?

And damn fk i would love SP mode or offline mode… sht would be so dope cause im a big fan of predator since 2009 was the first time i watched it

…agreed

I’m not trying to be provocative so my apologies.

Honestly in my experience I’ve had both really good and really bad predators and both good and bad fireteam members to play with and those both play a big part in the outcome of the match

To have the negatives of those examples consistantly game after game might be more a reflection on the player rather than the people he/she is playing with.

1 Like

I mean it kinda is unfair if there is no bullet drop come on… really… my mask is most vulnurble when im leaping… like seriously… i dont want to lie to you or not be honest i just want future players not to grow hate towards the game…

Pigs wise… meh i mean idk i think the game mechanic is unfair… i dont think pig camping is unfair… hell they can camp all the way on the pigs and then lose due to their time of the match…