Kinda feel that Support should get less over all use of their gears

I kinda disagree with the perk/gear suggestion there. The reason being is that you naturally have higher health as a Support but if you get a good perk allotment you can run Thick Skin and OWLF Training and that would make it very difficult to kill a support. Throw in Heavy Hitter or potential Yautja’s Bane and you have a pretty OP composition there. That would be a big problem. I ran that in the trial and literally straight 1v1’d Predators consistently. Granted that was without the parry nerf.

However I do like and respect the argument you made for that proposition. I can’t say that I hate the prospect of that honestly. And I absolutely agree with the Berserker bit there. They could have pretty much every item and still not cap out on gear. It is a little ridiculous.

i but i also feel that the more gear you take the slower you are

Yeah, keep in mind most of my arguments are on the basis that things like that will be handled.

See my Super post here:

The stamina bit I think is ok as it is. Faster classes do need to rely on mobility since they have lower health and taking that away there would be no reason to play them because they would be slow, squishy and incapable of disengaging from a fight.

Perhaps as a substitute like the Berserker has more stamina for melee but the leap takes more stamina and on the Fireteam side the Recon or Scout run faster but only get like one parry before exhaustion.

Edit:

Or a shorter leap distanxe

Here is the specific thing im referring to.

Those would be nice changes, but would require a total rework of a foundation level system, it would take far too much time and resources most likely unfortunately.

Edit

But I do agree, with the lack of health, the faster classes do need to be more mobile.

Same as my response to crennos.

Hmmmm. I’m not sure what my feelings are on that to be honest. On one hand it could make the perks seem a bit lackluster but on another it could force more complexity and diversity with load outs and such.

1 Like

Perks will never be diverse when such perks exist. Everyone will run the perks that directly affect damage or damage resistance in almost every scenario.

Unless they are running a meme build because they are bored

Fair enough. But perhaps there could be some measure of sacrifice implemented with this which forces them to make substantial sacrifices in order to get these perks.

The problem with that is, once again. Everyone will run these perks. So the real sacrifice is if you arent running them because it can put you at a significant disadvantage

Edit.

Theres no real way to prevent this from being the case, other than removing the perks outright

The perk of that, is that these perks will no longer need to be considered when balancing the game. Making it much easier for the devs, and much simpler for the playerbase.

1 Like

Perhaps they cost a lot more perk slots so it limits how much they can do with their build or cons to these perks such as reduced resistance to melee for Heavy Hitter or something similar. Make it a trade off

Could even be like, “Oh you have OWLF Training? Now you get one less gear point or it makes you slower or something.”

Edit:

Increased damage from AI, etc

A good example is yautjas bane. That one is a huge one, and with a full team running it, its oppressive.

So no matter what other perks exist. They will always be shoved to the wayside, because objectively, you dont need to stay mudded up for longer times, when you can melt pred. ( just an example.)

But with Yautja’s Bane you could easily be like, “Ok. Increased damage, fine. Increased damage against you too.” Force you become a glass cannon so you have to be a lot more skilled to pull it off in any real measure.

Of course, im of the mind set that when it comes to development of any kind. Simpler is better. Simpler is easier to do, and its easier for players to understand. So if I were a dev and had to choose between creating a complex system such as the one you are proposing, or just cutting the dead weight. I would likely do the latter. Im sure most devs are of the same mind set. Which can be good. But also bad.

almost wish i noticed this thread sooner
as it stands the support doesn’t really have a down side aside from “low speed and low stamina” which don’t really matter anymore
and as for no perk points that’s not really important when you only need one of 2 perks eaither more hp or more dmg against predator which support can choose either sure not both but he only needs one
then support can just use a weapon that one clips the predator since the predator will have to do full combos of melee but then risk being parried and die for it or take the time to aim at least 3 shots at the support assuming he has stim and if he doesn’t he has a full team to cover him while he medkits up
in theory support has no downsides

1 Like

Yep. That sums it. Up. Thats why I say we just nuke those perks, then reverse the gear/perk balance for the classes