Knife Spam - The knife is still too powerful

Had this guy DTR after getting a couple shots on him, in a few more seconds they proceed to parry me multiple times with slashes in-between bringing me from full health to zero completely 1v1. I think the knife still needs some work. Maybe something like 1 parry per 5 seconds or slower slashes for a few seconds after a parry.

5 Likes

Wo holy shit. Never seen it go that fast. And you got 6 total hits on him. Thatā€™s crazy. But no FT are the real victims šŸ˜…

4 Likes

This player seems able to slash at a faster rate than normal. Your health bar plummeted like crazy. James Cameron knows people good at parrying but this parrying is ALMOST James Cameron level.

2 Likes

They just need to nerf knife damage

2 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I hear the counter argument of ā€œbut then the last guy would be at a disadvantage in 1v1ā€ to which I say, DUH. Thatā€™s how asymmetrical games work. The team of 4 has the advantage. But as the solo player, in this case the predator, begins to pick people off. Heā€™s meant to gain the advantage. Kinda screws you that they balance the knife around being able to 1v1, considering itā€™s a 4v1.

3 Likes

Given he gets a perk cost of 6 as the Support Class, my only guess is he was using heavy hitter with iron lungs. Or maybe just Yautjaā€™s Bane? IDK this was the first time Iā€™ve come across knife/parry spamming like this since they originally re-balanced the knife a couple months back.

1 Like

Itā€™s a glitch, if you standing still you can do a glitch that allows you to do knife attakcs with incredible speed using the left mouse bottom and the melee default bottom. I donā€™t know how to do it but I know that this is a glitch for sure and you can do it with both ps4 and pc without any macro or something.

1 Like

Hopefully they address it in the next patch then if itā€™s an exploit.

1 Like

Dont hope, they will never do this. They did nothing in alla of these patch except for slam cancel animation. I donā€™t think they will put any thing else except for their paid dlc.

2 Likes

I think theyā€™ll continue to balance tweak here and there based on internal stats, but I guess weā€™ll see.

5 Likes

Was that a PC player? Could Macros be to blame?

PS4, Crossplay was turned off.

Man thatā€™s crazy I donā€™t have any idea then

Predator needs to be able to parry if we really want proper knife fights.

2 Likes

Another example here, this one even crazier:

This has got to be some kind of exploit. I thought parrying a couple times puts a FT member into exhausted state after the initial balance patch?

Wow thatā€™s some serious bullshit

2 Likes

That wasnā€™t him with the knifeā€¦if u can see when u enter the room u can see barely in the left corner thereā€™s ft members on top of something before u attackedā€¦they start shooting u when he was parrying u

No knife can u make bleed that fast lol

Pred needs a parry too. RT light attack. LT heavy attack. LT + RT for parry. This would open up melee for more options and an overall more pleasant melee experience.

1 Like