Knife Spam - The knife is still too powerful

Y’all pred mains have to stop seriously, y’all only want to win every time lol…the parry is hugely needed in the game in honor of billy and yakuza

The predator has alots of advantages and his melees weapons are more powerful

So please so don’t get salty if u get parry to death lol , just take the lost and say gg :)

2 Likes

I’m not a Predator main, I play FT just as much.

I’m not saying parrying shouldn’t be a thing, but it should be to stagger the Predator once or twice to open the situation up for your team to save you. The Predator is supposed to be overpowered that’s the point of asymmetrical multiplayer, as a team you bring him down. I’ve had multiple instances now of one guy, and always standing still, bringing me close to zero health just by slashing away.

The original balance patch said:

-Increased stamina required to parry

-Parrying without enough stamina will now cause you to enter an exhausted state

So what is this ‘exhausted state’ that happens when parrying too much? Doesn’t seem to be a thing.

2 Likes

This parrying thing is maddening. Pred needs a parry. Like wtf? How does that make sense? They don’t teach blocking/defense at Yautja U?

2 Likes

Completely disagree. Don’t be an idiot thinking you can just straight up win a melee fight, you have to use your mobility and disengage a few meters and strike again. Once again, a serious case of “Get Good”. They nerfed parrying to a point where you literally cannot parry the Elder Sword and Sickel. So try those weapons instead of doing that BS and complaining.

1 Like

I see elder sword parried all the time 🤔

Did you watch the second video? I get parried six times in a row using the sickle.

Yeah man that was the worst play i’ve seen in a long ass time. Don’t just SIT there and get knifed, move away and re-engage, you have a PLASMA CASTER and RANGED weapons for a reason.Also LUNGE with your melee weapons so you cannot be parried, there are mechanics you def still need to pick up on. The whole point of parrying is the prevent the predator from STEAMROLLING the FT- (which will happen if you use the Elder Sword) So 1v1’s are actually possible, to reinforce and to hold your own if you’re skilled enough as a FT member.

1 Like

Still doubled back and took them all out after a reinforce. Again that doesn’t answer how this fits with the initial knife balance patch.

There doesn’t seem to be any penalty for repeated parrying, even though it was noted that it takes more stamina and sends a FT member into exhausted state for using it too much. That doesn’t seem to be happening in this instance.

You’re absolutely right there, this is because “parrying” is so freaking inconsistent sometimes you’ll parry a few attacks, or none at all. And in your case he was still taking damage and kept on swinging, eventually out DPS’ing you. It makes no sense but it’s the game.

It looks like you’re getting hit in multiple directions.

Your red mark is solo in front, then when you’re health plummets there’s an indicator behind you.

Also directions of shots seems to be comming from the right as well. Look at your blood splatter.

2 Likes

Agree, and also people want to win every game with the brain dead tracking melee. If they want to nerf parry they have to nerf the tracking of all the melee weapons at the same time. 90% of the game are rushing melee attack against 4 ps4 players killing them.

There must have been a second player that somehow had an angle, maybe using a 7en sniper. You can see that he is taking damage from the front and the back.

You’re absolutely right. Without parry. There would need to be some kind of blocking mechanic because the elder sword, katana, and probably even the combistick would rip though the whole teams in seconds.

1 Like

Combi is 30 damage like wrist blade so not that much. Elder sword is too much damage , it can down for sure a dutch cladsy with a full combo as Hunter without fearless perk.

Besides the wrist blades, all the melee weapons have combos that increase their DPS.

I know https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4X9OngcU3e9sfXmSE5h2k0JNnK1541MLGzq0ocVYlg/edit?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

Here’s all the proof that parry doesn’t need a nerf and that the fact that it is OP is canon. Harrigan parried pred 9 times before he fell into the exhausted state and STILL killed the pred.

1 Like

Thank God, they just nerfed the Parry again in the latest patch.

The parring their was insane but question your getting parried so why did you not back off and shoot him with the plasma caster or something then you claimed him with like one hp what if his teammates turned around you were lucky you didn’t die there very y lucky