Old rework post, ignore. (Fresh post linked)

Every time someone replies it goes back to the top. Im keeping it up every morning and night. Sometimes afternoon if it gets taken over.

I agree. Pred should be extra squishy, but I would like them to simply revert it at first. Also bring the berzerker down.

Then once all the other changes are in effect with that, we can see if pred is still too beefy or not.

Also yes, i already know about the standing still invisibility. I simply wanted to go over it regardless to make sure its very clear when pred should/shouldnt be invis

bump

A lot of people complains about the Ft parries being too strong. But they forget to mention that the Pred’s claims are unstoppable. The quick claim is so fast that it is basically an insta-kill if you down someone and immediately proceed to quick claim him. The possibility to cancel claims could be a good way to balance the Ft.

Just like in F13, where we could free others players from Jason’s grip by hitting him. This would reduce the need of the reinforcement, therefore allowing devs to nerf it.

1 Like

Agreed

I read your history that you said a free link is allowed here
Please definitely come share your ideas

2 Likes

Lol! Been waiting for that.

That’s true about the graphical thing. I haven’t seen what this game looks like at the lowest level on pc but I know for some other pc games people would play on the lowest level so they could see players prone in the “grass” as the grass wasn’t visible when playing on low- think it might be arma? Can’t remember. If people are playing this game on low just to make pred more visible and it’s not because their comp sucks then that’s pretty bad…

I mean as far as im concerned, Preds cloak needs to be consistent regardless of the settings.

I run on low because my CPU is below the min requirements. But Ive never felt that it creates an advantage in any way personally. Though I havent really checked the differences.

Still, some people simply cant run any higher than lowest settings, so its on the fault of the devs if the graphics being low is creating significant advantage or disadvantage

keep it up

bump

this is not a patch. this is an expansion pack. And inmo all that needs changed right now is the one hit on plasma needs to come back, and knife dmg from fireteam needs to come down even more. For god sakes there killing AI with one hit. I would say back stabs do dmg but when melee does more than weapons these things need to be fixed first. I do agree wrist blades are weak as hell. Combistick sucks if you get paried at all ur done.

Not really an expansion pack by any right.

Its about fixing the core issues in the game.

Though some ideas for dlc are in there. Most is about fixing what we already have

i just rekt a sniping fire team by out sniping them and positioning with bow all PC gamers and they left lobby because it was a streamer and I wasn’t recording. Predator at high level is fine. I think balance is fine. Maybe more weapons and tweaks, to ins ta kill them is kinda ridiculous. I don’t like a lot of what he posted in all honesty. The only thing I wanted was bow head shots instant down, and plasma caster full blast are knock downs if hit. And knife dmg reduced by 40 percent on stabs. I show cased a video after killing the whole fire-team to prove how op knife dmg is or increase melee back to what it was. Or give predator a parry mechanic as well

The point of this entire guide is to remove that quick wipe gameplay that is happening currently. Its to slow down the game and rework predator into more of a stalker, whilst also giving a good fireteam a fighting chance.

2 Likes

a fighting chance have you seen pc fireteam yet. Any fireteam can stab the predator 4 times and hes dead

I think that should be read as “make the Predator a monster while not taking away the FTs ability to survive”

Yes, and of course stupid things like that are also addressed in this guide.

You have to look at this guide from the perspective of what the game can become. Not what it is.

Pulling the playstyles from both sides away from hasty rush tactics, exploits, and pure bs, is kinda the purpose of everything ive suggested.

1 Like

the parry is fine i am talking about the knife dmg and the parry spam. I do it on fireteam all the time and me and my boyz win all the time due to zerkers getting parry stammed and back stabed

Yeah pretty much. The idea is to put more of an emphasis on stealth as thats how predator should play. Not these gnarly rush tactics currently in the meta for both sides.

I want pred to be able to spend time just sitting in the trees cloaked. Observing, waiting for the right moments to strike. Laying traps. Playing slower and smarter overall.

This will make the game eerie for the fireteam, and force them to be more aware. And afraid. Whilst they do their best to survive and accomplish their mission.