Lazys Game Survey (Please bump after voting to keep this afloat.)

God stealth games… such a dead genre.
I want a tenchu z 2 lol.

A shame too, cause I love stealth lol.

1 Like

The biggest shame is that the Titans of the genre have died off but no one has really risen to take their place

2 Likes

As far as the match times, while I’d rather it be bumped to 30 minutes and extend the fireteam missions. I think 15 is fine IF the fireteam has to wait it out. Make the exfil a timed out, you don’t call the chopper, the choppers gonna be there in 15 minutes regadless of mission status,

That’s beyond true.
Hopefully everyone on the forum votes.
I wanna see what everyone thinks.

2 Likes

So far the results have been extraordinarily interesting. I just wish people who vote would vote on every question so we dont have uneven votes lol

2 Likes

Indeed.
I find the most interesting one to be how close the results are for what balance ppl want.
I’m not sure about other ppl, but to me perfect balance is more about each side holding their own, but pred still being a huge threat.

Same thing with me putting moderate time to kill. I’d still like stealth kills always available, so that could count as fast, but unless one side completely fks up, I dont really wanna see either side shred the other.

Unless they fall for a trap.
Lol

I realized far too late to edit that ttk is probably being taken wrong. I mean time to down. Not time to secure a full kill.

And yeah, when I say I want a stronger pred because thats the option I chose. I meant like pred is stronger against individual members.

1 Like

I completely forgot about claiming lmao.

Oh theres one hugely important question missing.
Should preds be thicc with jiggle physics?
XD

Well tbh they shouldn’t have their pred tiddies bound up like a trans trying to hide them.

They should have at least a bit of cleavage lol

Edit

Now whether they jiggle or not. Thats a whole other story.

2 Likes

XD lmao best response 10/10

2 Likes

It was a risky one but I think it came out alright.

If they jiggled it would be predator: meat beating grounds lmao

1 Like

2 Likes

Personal Feedback pertaining to this Voting Thread…

The problem with Threads like this is a majority of the time, Peoples’ Replies are how they want to see it and not everyone. Many can say the same about my reply here, and that’s totally fair. However, I’m trying my best to take in what I’ve read here in the Forums and keep that in mind with my Reply below.

Action/Stealth Mechanics: While Friday the 13th: The Game and Hunting Grounds both have their issues, Illfonic absolutely nailed the Atmosphere on both. Friday the 13th Films were all cheesy, schlocky and janky Jump Scare Films. The Game replicates this perfectly.

Hunting Grounds also replicates the feel of the '87 Classic perfectly. And if you pay close attention to how the Film plays out, it’s heavily action oriented with slight Stealth moments (the Nighttime Boar Scene, the Trap setting Finale). Turning Hunting Grounds into a Stealth Focused Experience would go against it’s Foundation. Perhaps some Stealth refinements?? Yes. A total overhaul?? It goes against the '87 Classic.

Perfect Balance: This is a hard one. As mentioned above, Perfection is more or less an individualized basis; everyone will have their own Idea as to what Balance should be. While I may be a minority here, I feel that Hunting Grounds is in a very good spot. I’ve had plenty of Matches where I was the Predator where Fireteams made me really earn my Victory. I’ve also had Matches where I wiped the Fireteam within the first 5 Minutes. The same can be said about Fireteams. Ive noticed that a very well oriented Fireteam can give even a stellar Predator Player a run for his money. My best experiences have been with a full Squad of Friends.

Match Length: The absolute best thing Illfonic can do here is offer us Options, perhaps in the form of different Queues. Overall, 20 Minutes would be the sweet spot and 30 would be a bit too long. At the very least, adjustable Settings in Private Matches (E.G. 15, 20, 25, 30, etc.) would be a welcome addition.

Time to Kill: Currently, things feel just right. I think a proper Balance Pass here would be to perhaps up each Fireteam Subclass Health by perhaps 15 or so Points, or perhaps offer more of a Buff via Perks (Thick Skin, Impenetrable, etc.). As before, I’ve had plenty of Matches where the Predator was on my ass and survived thanks to my Squad backing me up. While playing as my Recon Class and no Health Perks.

Again, this is just my Opinion. I’ve played a LOT of Hunting Grounds as of late (full time Streamer). Upon first playing, everything felt incredibly difficult and I was having a hard time being successful. Once I got a grasp of Gameplay Nuances and developed a feel for things, I’ve been very successful.

1 Like

Oh shit a big boy response. Quick everyone get your shit together!

Jk but gimme a sec to give a proper response.

I actually dont really have a response. Good reply! You make a lot of excellent points.

1 Like

Thanks @Lazycollinator. I always try to take the overall consensus into account while replying to Posts like this.

While Illfonic can’t please everyone (people will always have varying Opinions) they can try to please as many as they can. From what I gather, the happiest of the Hunting Grounds bunch are the Hardcore Fans. Outsiders who don’t get what this Game is trying to do are the harshest Critics.

The only one I dont agree with is time to kill.
Ft can kill way faster than pred, with some guns.
To the point of brokenness.

3 Likes

Ironically I feel its the opposite. Yes the movies are all more action oriented, but the stealth did still exist for predator. It just became far more difficult as dutch and his crew catch on. Thing is we all know theres a pred and what to look for. So it makes following that atmosphere hard unless forced by improving pred stealth.

I think most hardcore fans that are still here are here because they are only hardcore fans. I dont think this game really reaches the stealth that any fan would have expected, and as such most of the fans have dipped, and the majority of the surviving playerbase is just casuals and whatever remains of the hardcores.

Of course we can never truly know but the shift on this forum from release until now has kind of made it feel that way.

2 Likes

True @Fire. But consider that all of the Predators who get instantly melted either got greedy or made a bad choice of when to engage a Fireteam.

I’ve played each Class extensively. If you’re not constantly moving, you’re gonna pay regardless of what Class you Main as, Impenetrable or not.

The Predator’s best asset is it’s Movement. People need to understand how to take advantage of it in order to succeed.