Lazy's Rant Thread. (Come rant with me)

I made a rant thread a day or so ago, and it dawned on me, instead of making a personal rant thread, I wanna make a true rant thread that everyone can rant on. But I have some ground rules.

1. These rants are most likely out of anger, as such, they dont need a coherent reply to deconstruct them in every case. Please, dont cloud up my replies with bs. let people rant in peace.

2. Do not attack anyone specifically in this thread. I dont want any names thrown around if you are ranting about specific people, or anything. As that will most likely get this thread taken down and I would very much like to avoid that. Keep it about the game, or keep it anonymous.

3. If you are talking shit about the devs, thats fine. After all these rants are about their game, so it only makes sense. Still, try to keep it to the broad stroke of “The Devs” and not anyone in particular. (its nothing personal devs, I hope you understand that.)

Otherwise, have fun. The point is to create one place where the community can dump its frustrations about the game in a far more healthy way. and avoid the petty arguments in the process. I hope we can achieve that. Plus this will be a place I often look to to try and understand the mindset of the full community.

So have at it. Ive already got a few rants ready.

1 Like

Backwater sucks. The entire part of the map thats a water area sucks. The way the Ft almost always rides the edge of the map in the open sucks. The objectives there suck. The entire area is an FU to pred.

I hate backwater.

1 Like

Also while Im at it, Lemme just rant about berzerker.

Berzerker is the only mfing pred that can literally down someone from ranged, leap right into the middle of the entire FT, quick claim, and walk away with still probably 5-10% of his health.

Wtf is that. How the fuck you are intended to fight a berzerker without being a premade I have no clue. Because in most scenarios they are too damn tanky for you to ever even second wind while they are deleting your teamates.

Finally got myself pissed enough for another rant, so lets begin.

Preds. Fucking. Controls.

Everything about pred is buggy, and so fucking slow that it kills my soul.

First off lets talk about melee, The tracking is dogshit half the time, sure. But worse than the tracking itself, is that when I go to combo any ranged weapon with melee, the tracking carries over into the aim, jerking my crosshair violently onto the FT member I just meleed. Sounds like a good thing right? and sometimes it is. But its so inconsistent you can never account for it when it doesnt happen. Add onto that, it stil happens when you down the FT member, so sometimes it will lock my aim onto an FT member while Im trying to fucking get away, and Im stuck staring at his bitch ass while his teamates magdump me.

Okay So now we gotta talk about leaping. Somewhere on here the devs said “lets be honest, if pred caught his foot on this or that, he would faceplant” Well fuck you devs. let me hit you back with first of all, pred wouldnt be so fucking stupid as to hang his foot on shit in front of him. Second of all, Pred, unlike in game, Would raise his fucking legs into a near crouch position while in air to prevent nonsense like that. Fucking fix it, no one likes it and your excuses kill my soul. So my point on this one is, Preds toes hitting the smallest bit of clipping should not be fucking deflecting his entire leap like a lightsaber deflecting a fucking blaster bolt.

Third, we gotta talk about preds fucking hands. Okay? I dont care if im in the trees, If I equip a melee weapon, equip the fucking melee weapon. Dont just equip the next ranged weapon. Thats fucking stupid. I should be able to switch weapons no matter what im doing, and all weapons should be accessible at all times.

Fourth, lets talk about the rest of preds controls. And I think I know why its so fucking glitchy. Its gotta have something to do with the way your dogass netcode handles incoming requests when someone is lagging. (Which is always, because the game is p2p). For example, preds incoherent swinging when aiming and firing too quick. Or better, preds multiple swings at once. If I had to guess whats happening here is something along the lines of Im clicking a few times, And because the server is unstable, instead of properly handling those incoming clicks, it just says fuck it and throws all those clicks into a single triple hit. You get what im saying? your servers need to abide by the rules, I gurantee you that causes 99% of preds controls having a fit.

Finally, One last thing. Fucking sensitivity sliders PLEASE. Your fucking dumb ass sensitivity for preds ranged weapons is fucking bullshit and we all know it. Talk about how to cripple pred against any FT, he cant even flick his fucking PROJECTILE weapons whilst the FT is free to flick their fucking HITSCAN guns. Bullshit.

Basically, Im sick of fucking swinging instead of firing my bow. Im sick of bouncing off anything and everything when leaping around. Im sick of the input delay. Im sick of not knowing what god damn weapon is in my hand. Im sick of dying to PC hardcore FTS not because i have no skill, but because i have to spend 90% of every engagement fighting the controls, the latency, and every other fucking thing except the FT.

Devs, if you are reading this excuse the toxicity. This is my rant post after all. But still, you get the point. Jfc.

2 Likes

Why is the game balance so bad.
Every game of Fireteam, we shoot a whole army’s worth of bullets into the Predator only for him to take us out instantly one by one without disengaging.
This game upsets me.

1 Like

Small rant. Why the fuck does the nocturne mask, The single mask that is unique because of its lack of fucking eyes, have eyes that dont change color with the rest of the god damn mask. Seriously illfonic. Who the fuck decided that was a good idea?

2 Likes

I thought that mask didnt have the eye flash I was so excited to get it then I reliazed it was just like the rest.

Idc about the eye lights. I get that, its for balance purposes. But come on man. The fucking skins themselves are worhtless because of the eyes.

Yeah true with platinum with the big black eye parts are just ugly.

1 Like

While were on masks WHY DOES THE IMMORTAL MASK HAVE THE GOAT EYES IT WOULD OF BEEN DAMN NEAR PERFECT EXCEPT FOR THOSE FREAKING SLITS.

1 Like

Why the fuck doesnt the elder pred have customizations? I mean fuck dude I get the jungle hunter. its a pre order bonus, its not necessary. but the elder is a full on different class. The lack of shaders for him is unacceptable.

2 Likes

I very big pet hate of mine. Seems unnecessary to have it restricted.

Fucking lazy is what it is. Its something they shit out to try and delay the inevitable disdain for this game. But like everything else they half assed it >:(

When lazy calls something lazy, you know its god damn lazy.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game break someone like this lol.

One more fucking thing about pred controls.

If im looking a certain way with my camera, how about swinging the fucking wrist blades in that direction, instead of swinging them backwards because im trying to avoid MR fuck face FT’s knife. Fucking fix that shit.

@Fire Time for me to take another break I think. See yall in 3 months when the game is still broken.

NO. YOU STAY HERE.

1 Like

Get back here damn it

1 Like

Fine.

1 Like

Lol just do like I do, only play a few matches a day.

1 Like