Lobby Perks: FT NET traps!

Before FT spawns into the map (in the lobby), there should be a mechanic that costs some V in order to position a very large net that is pre-spawned into the map at that user designated spot. 4x these nets make for an awesome beginning and since this is done in the lobby, you wouldn’t need the mechanic during the game!

Remember that moment in the 1987 film where he got netted than he blasted his way out?Then they all fired blindly at him? lol!

Each FT would have the chance to do this at predefined areas where the predator spawns and-- holy shit – may he be caught and make him immobile for a whole minute or two if he stumbles upon that area.

Just for the sake of discussion as to where this idea came from, every FT has a chance to vote for infiltration spot right? You know how useless that is strategically? But what if you can plant pre-determined giant net traps before you infiltrate and each of you can spend some V to make it so. Four of them on the map can be very effective and you don’t need to do it all in one spot too! 4 well placed net traps will capture the predator easily and stops him from coming about!
Consider this - the predator has so much time to himself he can kill about 5 Boars without the FT every knowing he was in an area. With this, he will be very much preoccupied finding boars and getting trapped by SuperFTNets.

These Net spots will be completely unknown to the predator and cannot be detected through thermal.
Lets just say the happenstance was predesignated and placed well before getting in the chopper by …lets say the help of civis or even Stargazer soldiers working with Zues undercover!

Predator gets snagged and literally cannot do ANYTHING for like 1 minute - FT gets NOTIFIED of his exact location via sensor trip- after one minute he will be able to blast through using the Plasma caster but only after one exactly minute.
This stops those skull hungery PC Predators from using that trusty target isolation early in the game.

Post your comments yall, this needs to be heard!
@Courier @OldKingHamlet

My perspective: Ive been playing since launch. The PC Pred in a FT Fireteam is great but only because there is little advantage for those PS players. This can help.

This probably won’t help a PCelite FT squad, because they still will get the upper hand. I dont’ see PC squads using this super net but they can…it won’t help the pred.

I’m still tinkering with an anti-thesis mechanic for this.

Stay tuned.

PS: For nonjungle areas, maybe have some creative alternative to the netted traps as trees and leaves might be unavailable.

See other perk idea for a counter attack:

Yeah. That’s not going to happen. Novel idea, but there must be a different way to implement large traps.

what do you mean not going to happen? this is a wish list and. wtf do you mean/?

I encourage everyone to post their wishlists on the forum. For you to say ‘not going to happen’ is irrelavent!

Its like…not going to happening because of what?
people have wish lists… thats what they are…wishes.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. I didn’t realize that this was simply a wish post.

In that case.

I wish that the game was perfectly balanced, playing fireteam was fun, and playing predator was exciting.

1 Like

exactly.

PC Pred against PS squads is a challenge. It is. BUT I feel though there is no tip of the ice berg moment. I still feel underwhelmed. As apposed to PC deathsquads. which overwhelming too much so. So this why this OP exists. Its not to say it will be used EVERYTIME, i’m saying there is a 1/5 chance of it being used and not even at full 4/5 potential capacity.

So with these challenge card, lobby perks, the existence of the underdog winning is possible.

The term underdog is important:
The underdog mentality describes a David vs. Goliath situation in which a smaller, less experienced, ostensibly less talented, or any other “lesser” competitor takes on the bigger, more experienced, ostensibly more talented, or any other “greater” competitor.

Again, that is not to say a full PC FT squad is needed for the card to be used. It could happen if one chooses to waste V. Again you NEED TO READ THIS POST AGAIN to understand the technicality.

This perk used by any FT (PS or PC) to balance out PC deathsquads in the same match.
Most beneficial to a not so stellar PS FT.

@Samhain13 this post needs your input. would realy appreciate your thoughts on it.
@Dexter buddy here right now!
@Vargaresa you too
@PsychoBaBas you on it.

Biggest problem is that Devs allows us to spend V. We have too much. Shaders are abundant, but not all of us find it useful to spend V for cosmetics.
Why not Challenge cards or perks which are distributed at Lobby?

lol wut trapping the Predator for a full minute, make winning as ft easier than already is ? Just make the ft have the ability to hack the Predator wristcomputer and make him self destruct when the match starts.

i know right, should be absolutely fun as fuck!

Traps would have been a good addition, on both sides (excluding beartraps)

1 Like

Ok man im a developer on another project, look this is completely unfeasible. Environmental spawn traps? For an ingame currency just because im assuming you have an abundance of it?

oh man geez! there are two sides here right? look man I have technical skills in C++, physics programming IN BOTH 2D and 3D physics engines along with working SAT collision & implementing gameplay logic in LUA. This kind of spatial hashing you want wouldnt be possible to implement so what we need is more expensive lootboxes. I think they should consider charging about $20 per bundle as incentive for continued investment for both the playerbase and shareholders.

Nobody said anything about physics programming… i think you went down a rabbit hole there.
From the sounds of it you never even thought of it like a keyframed animation (basically what all animations/poses are built from). you just went full science on everything from skeletal rigs and catapult physics. And you just joined thirty minutes ago. Who are you this time? Fire? Is that you?

Its like there have been about 5 randomly created memberr accounts (5 different emails) made just to respond to my posts. You should get paid.

what? look man what game were you working on before this that you think we keyframe animation?

1 Like

$20 per bundle 😁

I just bought this game 30 minutes ago and take pride in being an active participant in feedback, but if we look at the topic at hand this simply isnt a financially sound decision

Arnold can you swing a bat Cuphead?

1 Like

I think this is a fair estimate and can be used to further gauge player interest, on a pay scale of sorts. All successful games are monetized of course.

I was thinking just the other about how there is no battlepass actually and $5 emotes to maintain player investment.

It is a heavily physics based game, my friend. please try to be more understanding if you aren’t familiar with 3D physics engines…

You’re going to have to show my your write up. I want details. because you’re not quite offering much in terms of how MORE efficient you can do it without Physics. Otherwise you’re pan handling your own time compadre. Nobody will pay you to revise the world into your own crazy physics based world.
You cost a fortune,
Others might be more smarter than you and can do it in half the time.

Successful being the key word .

What is there that warrants a bundle? They made one to get people to pay for the mr.black mask and for steam players . The majority of long time players probably had most skins and it was only skins they bought , the weapons were all given for free afterwards.

Unless they bundle fireteam skins? They won’t be releasing many more to make various bundles , they had another game on the back burner and now its rumoured they have two .

The road prior to now is a different story.

Players have invested plenty with little return .

If players aren’t owed the courtesy of fixing the game they paid for , then asking for further investment is pretty insulting

Oh gladly man of course! Not to toot my own horn.

So as I was saying I have years of experience in C++, physics programming and LUA. I’ve worked with three different companies on collision physics, from everything from player controls to enemy wave spawning systems. I’ve worked on teams with up to 20 members, with both artists and programmers on several year long projects, and i’ve had roles such as designer and producer even in Unity if you want to hear more feel free to ask! I’m also a QA tester with advanced knowledge in APIs.