Make the predator great again (zerker)

And one more thing, uh no you don’t balance around “how hard an attack is” to perform hahah yeah no. You balance around what the best players are able to do with things. And I can literally start slamming out examples but I don’t think I need to this is very obvious

And even though I disagree with your idea of balancing, it’s funny to think about because easily the most skilled thing to do in the whole game is actually melee kill people Hahahah like sitting back and just blasting fools. Easy. Bear trap spear throwing people. Easy. Picking the right time to drop on someone, melee them without getting parried and make sure they are isolated enough to give you time to kill them without taking too much damage. Hard. I mean this is irrefutable am I wrong lol

“Dog” you replied to the premise I raised and I was defending that stance.

Yes, balance around high level of play and lose everybody else. Brilliant. How are pred ques? Oh right…

Melee at LOW skilled levels is VERY easy. At a higher skilled levels you have a completely different discussion and its irrelevant to this. At higher levels of skill you’re going to need to do A LOT MORE then just using melee to win and that is how its supposed to be. I was precisely addressing melee at low skill levels from my first post, no idea why you felt the need to do a quick strawman on this.

This isint a straw man. That’s… not what stawmaning is

Yes. Unfortunately you have to balance around the top. Cause hey… genius… that’s how things get broken Hahahahah so imagine we balance around the bottom? Low tier players having a hard time against the predator so we buff things. Well well well. I wonder what a 4 stack of good players on coms will do with these now unneeded buffed items?? Perhaps uhhh fucking rofflestomp everyone hahaha

I’m not sure if I’m the one breaking this to you but uhhh. Every game literally ever is balanced around the highest tier. This is. General knowledge?

Can you not do 1 single post?

Yes, its a strawman.

No, I did not say balance around low level play, I think I told you 2-3 times now how you should balance. Another strawman here.

Talking about different games is meaningless, we are debating this game. Keep balancing it around “kicking the casuals in the nuts” and you’re going to see the predator que increasing.

Again. This is not what stawmanning is. And also again. I’m sorry to be sounding so Dickish I’m aware I sound condescending saying this but there’s really no other way to say it. All games are balanced around the top. I don’t know if you’re a new gamer or don’t play a lot of other stuff but this is general knowledge. There are infinite examples of this. And infinite examples of why what you are saying is an awful idea

Balance around kicking the casuals in the nuts? Basically to your point, people should be able to Que up solo and just be fine with 0 teamwork. This is inherently not the genre for this type of player. This is not unique to this game. Evolve, DBD, Even Friday. You need teamwork. You can’t just be some derp loading in and have 0 teamwork and be mad it Didint go your way. Balance around these players and the real players who play the game every day and want to actually practice and get better, will be punished. Would you like examples of this as well

You’re building an argument similar to mine but not what I say and then you deconstruct that one and not what I’ve said. This is what strawmaning is.

FFS. Take Starcraft 2. To pull top level attacks takes insane micro and APM. A noob can’t do that. A noob is going to attack with attack move and another noob is going to need only to do the same to counter and NOT insane micro with insane APM.

Yet again you ignore what I said. I said we need to consider how HARD something is to do and how HARD it is to defend against it and balance around that. If a NOOB Predator can perform an attack then a NOOB FT should be able to defend it. You’re not supposed to look at 4 man PC premades of PC player and go “yeah, its fine there, fuck the rest”. The rest are going to say “fuck this” and stop hitting the que!

I’m not making an argument similar to yours I’m telling you how games are balanced this is not an argument. You will fuck this games entire balance with what you are saying. And you have yet to acknowledge a single point I’ve made about how melee is actually harder to do, and how making it easy on new ft members you are giving unneeded buffs to already strong FT members. And comparing this to star craft strats doesn’t really make sense but I’ll try and track what you’re saying. Yes. Good players will do better with strategy. What does that have to do with balancing around the lower tier… if dbd or evolve balanced monsters and killers around the low tier, you’d have absolute powerhouse op BEASTS just stomping players who are better than them.

I’ve also deconstructed what you’ve said multiple times. You actually refuse to acknowledge what I’m saying hahaha but it’s alright man if we disagree here what else is new. I’d just encourage you to find a game that balanced around a low tier and show me.

An example literally within the game we are talking about right now is the plasma caster. Bad players didint even realize it was too strong and would miss shots land a few here and there, good players realized you could one shot, and would never miss, and within moments your team was down so it had to be nerfed.

You repeated the fact that they should not be balanced around low skilled play when I never said that. This is just one example.

Melee is NOT harder to do at low level skill play. I acknowledged that you need a lot more then melee to win at high skill levels but that has nothing to do with what I am talking here. At high skill levels you need tactics and to use you’re entire arsenal to win, you’re not supposed to melee to victory by rushing in.

StarCraft works as an example of how I am telling you for a quite a few posts now that we should balance.

Then you move on again with balancing around low skill play when I’ve told you 5 or so times now that this is not one I am talking about, at this point I can only conclude you’re trolling me, because the alternative is you’re really that dumb.

So you repeated back to me what I said, then said it was dumb. Ok great. But you think zerk is fine rn? And if you buffed him it would be op because casuals would get wrecked? BUT you aren’t balancing around the low tier? I think you don’t even know what your stance is at this point

Also you casually skip over my example and you’ve given 0 examples of how your style of balance works. The only thing you’ve said is, there’s an attack in star craft that only good players can pull off. Ok cool? Well the strongest thing you can hit someone with in the whole game is the smart disc and it’s hard to use. So ok check skill required for really strong things. But what’s that got to do with zerker being too weak? Like what kind of incoherent babbling is this

Me: I don’t want to balance around low skill players.
You: You want to balance around low skill players and that is not how every game out there does.
Me: Facepalm.

My stance is this AND FOR THE LAST TIME. Balance the game around how hard is to execute an attack. The defense should take somewhat equal skill to defend. If a noob can do it, then a noob can defend against it, if a pro does it, a pro should be needed to defend against it. Something a pro player can do should destroy nobs but what something a noob can do should NOT destroy nobs. If you buff melee does not help that much at high skill levels but kills the low skill levels. This is an example. Encourage some range play, give predators tools that require SKILL to use and not leaping in and smashing 1 button!

I don’t think zerker is fine, my first post was that I don’t know how you balance it and now screw people at low level play. You need to balance it in a way to make him effective at high skill but not effect the rest of people. Its not my job to really think how and why, I already have a job.

Balancing around how hard it is to use something makes 0 sense. Ya know why? Because that’s subjective. You are babbling this was pointless. You also said MULTIPLE times that you disagree about balancing around top players then backpedaled when I lay out the reasons and examples. Very unfortunate I wasted my time talking with you lol

Leaping in and pressing melee over and over gets you killed. Melee requires skill. Spamming plasma pistol, the actual meta of the whole game. The strongest approach to beat good teams. Is incredibly easy. You’re point is wrong but even if it was right, you’d be on the wrong side of it anyways. Big yikes on this one

Also I just read “encourage some ranged play” bruh. What game are you playing Hahahaha and who are you playing with? Range play is, 1000% encouraged to the utmost at the moment. It’s by far the best strategy, and melee is essentially not viable at all. Ranged attacks are 95% of the game already