Marvel ruins Predator!

You say that as if Neil Blompkamp’s Alien 5 wasn’t planning on that…

Honestly, I would have gone for this than Covenant…fuck that film. I mean we could have gotten this:

This looks fuckin kick ass! Its like seeing Dutch 2025 all over again, just an aged and battle hardened badass going after the nightmare that once haunted her dreams.
Here is the website that has more concept art of the canned Alien 5 film if you wanna take a look, its pretty good: https://djahalland.com/alien-5

2 Likes

The lower stuff is neat, but that Ripley-xeno costume is ass. Like hippopotamus with diarrhea ass! On par with the Iron Predator suit and stealing autism-spinal fluid.

I could’ve gone my whole life without seeing this

1 Like

I’m surprised you didn’t know. After that shit fest that was Alien Covenant, Neil’s concept was the talk of the internet town since it looked so much better than the shit on our plates that Ridley Scott served us. Granted tho, I have no idea what’s up with the alien suit but everything else looks great that I my hatred for Covenant crossed to know no bounds knowing we could have something better than that fuckfest.

Morbid curiosity wants me to know why the xeno-suit, but as the saying goes “Don’t ask questions for answers you are not prepared for”

What, is she gonna infiltrate the hive and inject poison into the eggs or something? How does she get in and out of it? Is there a trap door for pees/poos? Also, just WHY?!?!?!? Why, outside of a Kenner action figure (which was a thing) would a human dress up as a xeno, in such a detailed get up? And of all people, Ripley?!? Why would she think its a good idea? Wouldn’t that be like the most traumatic thing for her? Or, it’s just a crappy idea from a so-so director that gets way more credit than is deserved (Chappie). Sometimes, directors need to be told “no” and check their ego (all of us, really. Ego is a bastard) lest their unchecked “creativity” ruin what could be a good film with one or two bad ideas.

HEY

That’s District 9 to you

He may be a one-note hack but D9 is a nice spin on an “alien invasion” with some half-life tech and special effects

It was pretty good. Not enough to give me full faith tho. I felt the same dread when Gareth Edwards got picked to helm Godzilla 2014. Monsters was a pretty underwhelming film, but he did a decent enough job with G. But Blommy’s ideas here just made me do the old Picard…

I hated Monsters.

But Gareth proved he had actual talent after Rogue One and Godzilla, just needed a budget and plots with some scale.

Blomkamp’s blacklisted by hollywood or something after Chappie. He atleast would’ve done a better job with Halo than whatever tf cursed money laundering series that halo tv show was.
He’s an ideas guy but he needs a good writer to keep him in check.

He released Demonic last year and it was disappointing, cool ideas but poor execution. Top down Sci-fi horror segments + “The Vatican are actually SCP containment units” angle, I have to give the guy props for creativity but he needs a tard wrangler to execute and flesh out his ideas.
Like a REC style movie following his SWAT ninja Vatican team wouldn’t be bad, he just tried to do too much in one movie.

1 Like

Truth is Alien 5 Blamk. style would fail as a film, but as a game it would bring the fever. Simply because its a game. And they could realize Ripley in photorealistic detail like that, it would be the only way it would succeed.

Haven’t seen Halo. Never gave a 💩 about it (master chief is a low rent Doomguy). So I didn’t feel bad skipping the show. But sure, maybe he could’ve done better. I think, from what I’ve read about it, that the shoes writers, producers etc are all equally responsible for it sucking so hard.

He’s generic self insert protag. You’re supposed to read Halo for everything that isn’t Chief.

Wait, read? I thought Halonwas just a game series? Are there comics or books I also won’t read?

Eric Nylund’s books are the only good video game books written ever

I’ll take your word.

What turned you off from Monsters, may I ask? I thought a lot of it was pretty well done.

Being boring and almost zero monsters, for me.

Well, that was kind of the point. Its a lot like Godzilla 2014, its focused on the human element and told from their perspective. Its not supposed to be this Michael Bay boom-boom-rawr popcorn flick, its a sci-fi drama. Keeping the monsters hidden, building suspense is a directorial trait that dates back decades, mostly a Spielberg/Ridley Scott trope.

1 Like

Sis, ya need SOME monster stuff in a fukin movie called Monsters, about a world that has monsters! G14 was what I consider minimally appropriate monster stuff, like G54.

1 Like

G54 was a human story, with the monster at the center. 99% of every monster movie ever made is like this. That’s what complainers about “lack of screen time” don’t realize.

Like I said, “minimally appropriate”, meaning I accept it. I’d prefer more monster stuff, like a longer film, not cutting story stuff. If I had my way, it’d be the best of both worlds.