Mass effect Andromeda

Okay

I’m bringing this up

masseffect-andromeda

Why do people say this game is good?

And I like the game

I’m just able to accept it’s bad despite it

Characters were good but beyond that it sucked

I wouldn’t even say the gameplay is the best in the series do to the loss of squad control, and only having three abilities. And no swapping abilities out only to have to deal with their cooldown does not count.

Though thank God the game had the best enemy health U.I out of all the games

@REYNOSO_FUA11
@Forever_Mello

Contrarians or people just that desperate for anything with Mass Effect on it.
It could’ve been a whole different crap IP.

It’s the most B-team shitfest to ever exist and it feels like its been written and coded by an AI in garrys mod. Truly uncanny experience. What in the hell happened to the animation to start

1 Like

All the beloved ME races are written like they’re humans in make up its painful considering that’s not what mass effect is supposed to be at all.

I take it back AI dungeon could probably generate a better ME game. Instead of problematic paragon or renegade you play saint or sarcastic person. very tolerant, very woke.

thanks for reminding me that this exists OP back to hell it goes alongside Anthem.

1 Like

TBF I always found that system bad mechanically

You either got shafted

Roleplayed pure Paragon or Renagade, effectively removing player choice

Or you abused the games systems to the point where it doesn’t matter

Though you still could of had the lines without the mechanics

It was always a lazy way to throw in “dialogue options that matter” as mainstream RPGs tend to do unless you’re playing something with 70 hours of written content and dialogue paths like Divinity.

my issue with andromeda is that you just cant be an asshole at all. You are just playing different flavors of “their” character. In typical diverse woke rpg fashion they arent rpgs at all. They railroad you into two dialogue options that are ultimately the same thing or else you may potentially ruin their wonderful message they were trying to impart on you, the audience.
I suspect this is the same reason they can’t write tv shows anymore and are killing the comic industry, people cannot seperate themselves from their fiction. It’s like the characters must be representative of their writers so you can’t have “problematic” main characters and there are no real dynamics because everything must be a utopia where you at most have to occasionally punch a saturday morning cartoon villain nazi.

Ashley would not pass Go at modern day bioware. The secret of Mass Effect is that everyone was racist but had to figure it all out and work together anyways. Bioware B team does not understand the storytelling signifigance of fantastic racism (and think writing it is bad and must also make them nazis) so we have a bunch of humans in makeup and all the ME races are going to more or less end up the same.

1 Like

I think there’s another part of people who came in with low expectations which obviously, MEA exceeds like all things.

Ya. And when you can it’s amazing.

I always kill the priest halfways through the game.

Well Shepard was the same way. He was one character that was capable of seeing things from multiple perspectives. That being serious and emotional.

Ryder just doesn’t have the range of character Shepard did.

I played MEA before the trilogy, and one of things I remember thinking through the OG trilogy was MEA doesn’t have any of this racial tension which kind of breaks the world building.

Maybe if they had a line where they only hired people who weren’t racist (ish, some racial tension had more to do with governments. One of Ashley’s main complaints was how the other races would preserve themselves over helping others) then maybe it would work but there’s nothing like that.

ooooooof

why? Basically like starting star wars at The Last Jedi

Its all built on conflict. If you don’t have racial tensions you don’t have mass effect. Just a generic save the world teamup with your comrades who have no defining characteristics or culture as you steer them onto your path of righteousness and teach everyone what it means to be human.
When humans are the new overzealous kid in the galaxy.

Other species have been holding onto grudges for centuries but 1. A Human better not say anything bad about at alien because we must protect fictional species.
And 2. they just completely write out most of the worldbuilding because “stereotypes are problematic.”
Its their whole “orcs are racist” moral dilemma all over again that ruins everything.
Are you saying that krogan is militaristic? Bad audience, bad.

1 Like

I didn’t exactly have access to the ME trilogy

Depends on where your coming. There’s plenty of stories in the games that don’t rely on racial tensions.

But the world building would definitely take a hit outside a few exceptions.

BUT MUH ASHLEY HATE

Exactly

1 Like

I liked the game but it was more disappointing because of what it could have been. It could have been a chance for the series to start fresh and let you be whatever species (for the most part) that you wanted like Dragon Age origins but nah it’s back to being human because they felt that the players would better connect if they were human.

This game was plagued by inter company mismanagement and relying on that old “BioWare magic” of procrastinating and wasting time and money. Overall they did a good job of making a game within a year using the left over assets of the original game they had planned.

For all its faults though I did find it enjoyable and would love to see a sequel.

2 Likes

Same here.

It has potential.

Just needs the time.

Unless there’s more devolopmental problems I see their next game being at least decent

1 Like

I’m kind of hesitant to return to the Milky Way, there’s so many ways they can fuck up but with andromeda there’s no where to go but up. All I know is that BioWare is under a microscope as of late, they bought themselves some goodwill with ME:LE and the announcement to not focus on multiplayer in the future games but they can’t afford to fuck up now.

2 Likes

From what were seeing it’s going to be both Andromeda and OG trilogy.

There’s a picture with four silhouettes,one of which appears to be at least Angaran-esque

And then one of the game designers pointed out the Andromeda Galaxy in the teaser trailer

TBH I like that decision outside of a pretty much garunteed dead Shepard unless they do a whole “light speed travel, time didn’t actually move when they traveled to Andromeda” but I doubt they’ll pull that.

At least from Andromeda’s point of view.

From the trilogy were losing a lot of characters

Never, really, never heard anything remotely good about 3. In fact, the opposite; its poo with a side of AIDS. And I’ve never played any of them so this is clearly the majority opinion.

You’ve heard wrong and a lot of people are giving it some slack

But I like MEA, ME3 deserves it.

Early game is aweful but mid to late game is better than 2 (though overall I say 2 is better)

Choices are pointless. In fact it makes previous choices pointless. At least from what I know.

But story is still decent.

Home of the “I have a home” line.

Literally everyone loves the final goodby’s with your romance.

Story is still decent regardless of choice.

Yeah thought the dialogue and plot trees were a fundamental part of the game, like retrieving souls in dark souls, that core.

Then Andromeda happened and I guess they said fuck it?

I dunno, just sayin I never heard anything good about it and honestly it sealed my choice to never bother with the series. Games like that are an investment and seeing the payoff… I’m good lol

1 Like

It still has that.

The majority of them are just fluff and always has been so those are fine.

What really matters is how well written the fluff lines are.

It’s just the choices that are ruined since most of them are way too one sided.

They still have it, the lines just don’t have the difference between them.

The ME games rely on the fact that your roleplaying a character capable of multiple emotions rather than just roleplaying your own unique character.

The problem with Ryder is that the dialogue choices don’t have much difference like the Paragon and Renagade lines from the trilogy.

I’d recommend getting it.

ME1 is mediocre but it leads into two which is amazing. ME3 is worse but still good. MEA sucks but it is enjoyable if you maintain your expectations.

1 Like

Expectations? What’s that?

1 Like

Reading that actually hurt me.

1 Like

I love Mass Effect to death but I’m not touching that game

1 Like