Mods how is balance decided

@Kassinaillia

We may not get along but at least you’ve been communicating more than the other two mods.

Can you tell me how the balance team decides balance?

Is it win rate of the entire community, win rate of a specific skill group, or personal experience from the devs?

I don’t have any direct hands on how our development team makes decisions, so I wouldn’t be able to tell you much about that. I know they do stay up to date on the forums to see what the community is asking for. The best way to get your input across is to make a clear, concise, polite post in the relevant forum section and have community support.

5 Likes

HEY SOME ACTUAL COMMUNICATION

Is it possible for you to ask the balance team for specifics?

From what I heard they do in house tournaments among themselves for that… have you ever seen them play ? Explains all the fireteam buffs the game had since it came out.

Then the server data logs for win and losses, thing is if the Predator blows up instead of defusing it doesnt count as a FT win on the servers, which is another thing that gives them the wrong impression about the win/losses rates of FT and Predator. Since lots of FT that win choose to not defuse cus they dont want to waste time killing AI to secure the body.

It’s not much, but during one of the streams it was said that it’s not just wins and losses.

Oh wow, when theyre trying to sort through thread and they see a bunch of shit post pictures it can be a little confusing then

1 Like

Except most of those posts are in general. Not feeback.

And if your suggestinh something in GD that’s your fault for literally not scrolling down 5 inches

I think regaurdless of what happens you’re going to push back against any mention of moderation

1 Like

Based on what?

First they flip the entire script around with no warning

Then we get people being banned for stuff like this

And straight up lied to

I’m acting within reason

Deus vult 🗡️🤖 👩

You and xeno were there for that forum post where they said track IPs right? I remember you two discussing if I was the kinda person to do that.

Xeno called me brash but that I wasn’t the kind of person do that, and he was 100% right.

Correct

Had a quick conversation with some colleagues. This is what they had to say:

“When it comes to balance changes for Predator, we look at player data and match results, player feedback on our forums and social, QA and internal team playtesting, and our internal experience with balancing asymmetric PVP games.”

Hope that clears things up a bit!

5 Likes

that’s good to know and it does it’s worth mentioning i would love to see a match between the devs!

2 Likes

They should make a dev stream where their best predator player goes against community FT’s.

@Courier @OldKingHamlet @Kassinaillia

What do you guys think? Can we make this happen on your next Twitch stream?

3 Likes

the reverse would also be cool

I think they’ve done the reverse in almost every stream. BladeMaster, Kamshat and a few other players have gone against them.

They’ve never played against community FT’s, as far as I know

right but the reverse was always against there not best players as OKH swears they have a killer ft internally and i’d like to see those guys

Sure I got some people that can join with me.

We already know what will happen. They can’t balance the game around pre-medes. That’s 5-10% of the playing field, even if.