Mods how is balance decided

…run .

1 Like

I just hate the elder sword altogether… the attack animation looks ridiculous IMO… looks like the pred is trying to dance, LMAO

and because is mostly used by low level unskilled players that just do button smashing… is like Maxi and Kilik in Soul Calibur

I think is literally continuous combo, because once I go down, they just stand there and continue the button smashing none-stop. Like they don’t claim, they don’t jump away to avoid fire, they just keep smashing until you are out… is brain dead

1 Like

Because having the game balanced around players of the same skill level is too much for Illfonic. They just have to give handouts to those that just got the game and will stop playing in less than a month so they have a better chance of winning.

1 Like

That’s fair. It goes along with my point. Showing that any coordinated FT will hunt down their best PRED is pointless. I assume that’s what @JelouGaming was hinting at when he wanted to see the match.

The problem is that at low level Pred is OP.

You put any newb player as Pred against any newb players as FT and Pred will win 100% of the time. This has been the case since day 1. Many people who join our discord did so because they had been playing as Pred without a single loss.

So how can you nerf Pred at low level but buff it at high level?

Other than removing the level cap and introducing health/damage buffs according to win rate, I really don’t see any other way it can be done

Honestly is just for giggles and entertainment. I already requested who wants to participate on our discord, with the idea of making a few teams that go from average good, to really good.

Simple

Introduce SBMM

Pair bad Preds with mediocre FT since there is no one to one skill level.

then you’ll get high queue times and complain…

The game is what it is. At high level FT is OP, take it or leave it, if one wants to play as Predator in those situations its their choice. One of reasons I still kept playing this game after all this time was because of how hard playing Predator vs top FTs was and how few Predator players on high level there were, the challenge of it kept me motivated to keep going so in way if that wasnt the case I wouldn’t be still here. But sometimes it can get tiring.

1 Like

I’d find it entertaning initially, but eventually I’d feel bad for the devs cause at least any other PRED out there will go full toxic or call the FT cheaters, but the dev would just have to take it.

When we do privates with people that are all on the same level, its always possible to chase hunt down the Predator players. The Predator option is always to ambush by suprise if he wants to kill, direct confrontation doesn’t work. Chasing Predator can backfire when its 1 or 2 guys but more than that its impossible to outdamage the Fireteam. Predator needs to leave, reposition and attack from another way.

Agreed. It’s like something happen and we forgot all our discussions of the past about balancing the game and all of a sudden we’ll find a solution. It could happen, but i think we gotta let it go for the sake our our sanity.

I think there could possibly be a way to do it depending on the terrain. Evemtually PRED can stumble upon a favourable location to take out one of the FT, even at the cost of SW and get himself healed with medic. 3v1 is relatively even odds if the pred is high level.

Location is key. It has to be a place with cover and hills so FT can’t move well as a unit.

I have a cellphone

And lots of YT video’s to watch.

3v1s at the Radio is almost a sure win for FT in most occasions. Me and Gesp (FT) managed to beat Dan (Pred) 1v2 at the radio once and he came at full hp. Same thing makcummy and beerwarrior vs Gesp at radio. Thunderwolf and makcummy vs me at radio. Its bullshit, missing one arrow shot can be enough to make the Predator lose 1v2s at close-medium range, while FT still got a lot of hitscan bullets on the clip in case they miss a few.

Sure sometimes you can beat 1v3s but you need to like hit every single shot from a position that favours you while getting minimal damage. There were matches which I downed all 4 players one after the other in the space of like a minute but that’s just luck.

1 Like

Check out @Savage3i3 vid (match 3) on the post your videos here thread. Comment #2389. Watch match 2 as well because it shows how he adjusted to chasers.

You’re probably right. It also depends on how aggressive to pred is. You can’t go overboard. The pointbis to survive initially until you can deliver the final blow. As i said, location matters cause you need separation.

I agree that it is very hard.

Perhaps there’s some realism to that. PRED isn’t meant to fight in the open so surprise attacks matter. The problem is that PRED is not well equipped for surprise attacks.

They could always just create a comprehensive FT tutorial that should be mandatory prior to playing online.

They could also add a boot camp mode that would put low lvl players against other low lvl players until they reach a certain rank then they get thrown out into the wild. They could also make it so you have to complete a certain amount of matches as pred and FT before being able to rank up past a certain rank.

Add these and potato teams should get a lot better than they are now.

1 Like

That’s assuming they want to get better. What if many of th just want to run around in the face of danger and get some xp and VT, customize their character, level up and such?

The biggest problem is getting everyone on the same page, even if there is no communication. Instead is like old Ukrainian saying: they play like ‘a fish, a bird and crab’, everyone pulls in they own direction.

What they need is like ghost in the shells stand alone complex, appsrently of werking toward the same goal without knowing it.

1 Like

They need to play against Heckarii and feel the pain.

1 Like