Mythbusting: For those concerned about FT's mudding up and hiding in a corner

Testing crossmap huffing/puffing, unsilenced gunshots, and AI aggro cues atm. scienceman will be posting results

Tagging players

Video?

Video is uploading, it’s 15 minutes long so it may take awhile. Unfortunately it did not capture what I was saying so…yeah there’s that.

yes it getting wider and smaller is a looped animation. the increase in pink brightness is what gives it the appearance of getting wider and is really the only interactive element of the animation.

So if you don’t move, and just pan with the look it will spike and the color will get darker when it’s reacting to sounds.

tis for science bro!

59 minutes til upload complete 🤦🏻‍♂️

sweet mother mary on dial up over here

did you record super high res?

Yes

I dropped a motion detector in the spot where I was hiding, and retraced your steps to the point where I think you got the closest to me.

At this point in the video, you are basically looking right at me and also probably within range of me showing up on your mini map.

From your Video:

My Version

The Hiding spot:

You know what though, your not using the bio mask there… lol

You mean how it automatically puts red tags on them at close range? Can they be tagged with a button?

lol you mad scientist. ok let me go back to the vid at that time and see how it all goes down.

See it was working, you just couldn’t see him

2 Likes

I have the audio settings configured properly now to capture audio, so the next test will be narrated.

But @finessology can attest, that I pinpointed him really well.

I just realized you were not using the bio mask there though, so kind of invalid.

You should use a Scout for this, they have perma thermal.

I ran modified reserve, I kept the mask on pretty much the whole time with my hunter

side note : anyone else getting this red tracking icon bug on a dead FT player still above their head? (after ive already claimed them even) it through me off at one point in this match…I thought i missed someone and its jsut staying still in this area so i run over to it…and its the dead guy…

no it wasnt. i got there without thermal.