Nerf's for FT's ideas

Well, sadly doesn’t matter who they partner with, even though its about who you know that helped them get those partnerships. It’s they don’t have the man power with 75 overall employees and probably only 6 working on this game. Most AAA companies easily have 100’s and a lot more working on a single title.

Yes we can expect a lot from them, but it won’t change what they can provide due to lack thereof manpower.

Honestly, feel like more well known IP’s like this should be left to AAA companies that can do more and provide more overall. Nothing against Illfonic, but this is definitely one of those they bit off more than they can chew and its in a way biting them back.

They don’t have the people to provide substantial quality updates in a timely manor and they don’t run beta tests before releasing it unlike most games now that allow the player base to test in beta before releasing and then correcting any bugs before applying the update.

I bring up this example, because like for honor or Siege back in the day was a buggy mess as examples completely different games. So, they implemented a beta test version of the game you could download and then they would apply the update 2 to 3 weeks prior to it and allow the player base to test for a week or two depending on the size of the update. From there it gave them a good amount of data, seeing what worked and what didn’t, fixing bugs, then applying the update to the actual game which gave better quality updates.

That alone would help the game a lot. Advertising for this game was pretty non existent which didn’t help the game because not many even knew it was a thing till randomly stumbling upon it or word of mouth.

Several other concerns I have, but those are just a few and why I don’t expect much. They are pretty much treating it just like they did F13.

As for your PC issue that’s mostly due to poor optimization on this game overall @Coffee2Go

I mean technically they can get atleast 10+ more people working on the game for them considering their huge budget and investments from partners + their actual cut from the sales… they had from pre orders and like normal product sales…

Or maybe even more people … but i do know they have the money and spirit i guess…but oh well idk… i stopped playing this game cause it runs so bad on my pc considering how good my pc still is… runs hitman 3 on like high settings at 100 fps on 1080p… without major overheating…

My pc turns to nuclear reactor when i play pred game…

Fortnight pred cloak is really good. Way better than this game 😐

That’s honestly sad

1 Like

They have a budget that for a small company really isn’t as large as you might think, and they can only have so many on a project right now due to covid and the people you have on that project is part of that budget along with the content. Adding more outside of that could cause the game to be cut.

Honestly feel like they blew the budget out pretty badly with Arny likeness, NFL player likeness, and now adding another person from the movies likeness.

I don’t see this game honestly going to the end of this year unless something gets done about balancing, they increase the number of people playing with advertising, talking to the community more, fix optimization, and stop blowing massive amounts of money on people from the movie’s likeness until they have a sound player base that would make them profit adding it in instead of leaving them in the negative

1 Like

alright i’m going to tackle this line by line if i didn’t tackle something it’s cause i don’t think i should

as a power gamer here all these perks of it’s illk that affect DMG+/- should just be removed on both sides as long as they exist they will be mandatory or be worthless in the case of impen for the predator and i don’t know about you but i personally don’t enjoy always spending 4 points on a perk because i have to on every single build leave specializations to be the things that affect dmg as a +/- to give classes there specialty(see what i did there)

this is probably true by what % hard to say i just wanna be out of the 2s TTK era okay? or the like 8SAWZ rounds it takes to kill a hunter but again by removing yautja’s were probably getting out of there and then nothing has to be changed (hopefully)

on field medic/Dex we should be nerfing one of these not both i’d say as they are only an issue together not when they are apart as Dex has been unchanged since release therefore one of them should be nerfed not the other perk point increases are nerfs just throwing that out there for the dummies now on the actual nerf the 25 hp is probably reasonable for the revive time actually revive time AT ITS QUICKEST should be no faster than 2 seconds right now with both of them it’s just over a single second at like 1.2 i think or 1.1

as a fun police sorta guy i like that specs stack with passives as it gives build incentives and help classes have defined roles as before hand some classes just had no purpose being in the game before hand

this is also probably fine but if we go with my take over yours then it might not be necessary

keep in mind balance is a push and pull this is assuming predator gets no changes in the future as someone who is a bigger fan of buffing instead of nerfing until a powercliff is reached

if predator gets a bunch of buffs one patch (lol) and these changes go live it could be catastrophic as there has to be 4 FT for every one pred so the FT must always be in a “relative” good place or at least feels like a good place

and just in case i’ll explain this here

so Big pouch which competes with impen gives you 2 extra medkits each medkit is 100% more hp
impen is 20% damage reduction from bullets only
in any situation where you do not need these 2 medkits you also wouldn’t need impen the reverse is also true unless?
impen runs out of usefulness after you spend 2 medkits but with big pouch you get 200% more hp after that point

since impen only affects bullets it can’t help you against grenades or explosives though more medkits would let you stomach more explosions

if you were killed using a medkit having impen wouldn’t help you you can guarantee after all that a medkit is used by just getting far enough away

big pouch is 3 cost impen is 6? wierd

…😢

Throwable medkits are only useable 3 times

Meh have the shit you say is invalid anyway. U dont playbthe game enough anymore

i mean i still get in like 5-10 matches a week which i think is enough but ok dood

1 Like

@TentacleDadi I’m a ft main 100% so my opinion will be seen as biased, so I rather not give it.

Thanks for the mention though 👍

2 Likes

How can it be biased if its a nerf idea tho?

Because he would probably say ft doesn’t need to be nerfed and provide reasons why

2 Likes

Because I disagree with a lot of the nerfs people are mentioning. The only one I honestly think has to go is Yautja Bane, because we already have a ton of passive perks for each class, plus the new specializations. Although, I have noticed that a vast number of players aren’t using specializations.

1 Like

Honestly field medic should be taken away and just make a medic class for the ft who has 2 specialization. One is they pick you up fast, the other is they pick you up with more health. Cause that perk atm is literally 2 perks in one. And also make the medic class not a fuckin tank so they can’t just stand there and munch while the Rez and actually have to be, ya know. Intelligent about there choices lol

1 Like

I honestly don’t use Bane, and when I do is out of boredom to see how fast I can melt a pred, but not necessarily because I feel like I need it to win. I rather use those 6 points on something more useful like tracker.

1 Like

Now I’m giving my opinion when I said I didn’t want to do it lol…but yea, they should not allow dexterous to stack with field medic, but at the same time they should make dexterous faster by maybe 35% instead of 17% (that’s what people claim, I haven’t actually tested it) that means that if an objective interaction takes 3 seconds, it would only take 2 seconds with dexterous which would be worth the 3 perk points. I don’t really know what the exact interaction time decrease dexterous gives but to me it’s not worth 3 perk points at the moment.

1 Like

Most perks are shit to be honest and only give marginal advantage.

The Fireteam is op because most ft players stack similar perks, passive perks, and specializations.

So, my solution to the FT being op is to not allow certain perks, passive perks, and specializations to stack. illfonic can do this by reworking the class loadout customization.

Step 1: choose class and customize it
Step 2: choose specialization
Step 3: choose weapons and customize them
Step 4: choose gear
Step 5: choose perks

…and like I mentioned before, available perks should be based on the chosen class and specialization to avoid the stacking of similar perks, passive perks, and specializations.

Inpen can help you tank bullets until you get the knockdown and/or quick claim. This makes it a 6 point perk.

Big Pouch, alone, will leave you healing while the fireteam is reviving, resupplying, finishing the mission, etc.

I like to play with all the health on Elder: Inpen, Big Pouch, and Medic.