Net Gun rework

The net gun can be a very useful weapon but right now it just seems very weak especially since fireteam members can break out of it fairly quickly or just free their allies by cutting it with their knife.

The net gun should do bleed damage or maybe make it where it has modifiers such as how the fire team are able to modify their weapons with extended magazines and whatnot.

For example:
1: fire team members pinned on floor or walls makes it more difficult to break free from.
2: fire team members who get shot by the net gun begin to receive bleed damage once broken free.
3: reload net gun faster.
4: increase accuracy for how far the net gun can shoot.
5. Shoot two nets out of the net gun (that way if there’s two fire team members healing a fallen teammate then you could just net gun both of them. I feel this would really help with the pesky 4 medic fireteams)
6: takes 2-3 knifes to free a Fireteam.

2 Likes

I still think it should perform like this… or at least to the extent of where a player who has been pinned by the net gun is unable to move and it would require member from fireteam to free him lol… cause net gun rn is embarrassing to predator culture lol.

2 Likes

Love the ideas. It’ll never happen. Too many whiney FT little bitch mains. Predator can’t deal real damage

4 Likes

I agree. Currently playing as Pred testing stuff out and the net gun should be a feared weapon arsenal to fireteam players.

When I pop the neck gun out a lot of fire team players begin to either charge me or one will get close to instantly free that person.

It’s really annoying lol

1 Like

Also, I love Celtic every time I see him I just feel so much joy when I watch him do things like that lmao

1 Like

Yeah i personally used this scene cause like in avp 1 the net was used againts a trained professional soldier who is much alike the ones from game… so technically net gun completely pins down someone whos trained also lol…

1 Like

i actually think netgun is already in a decent place. maybe extend minimum escape time by half a second due to macro users and slow down netted players by a small amount (10-15%).

Other than that i think its fine.

No, fireteam members shouldn’t just be able to cut out of it and be free. Should require at least 2-3 stabs

would be too OP. its already very powerful. shouldnt be used when they are all grouped up so thats the problem not the net.

use only on a group of 2 max.

And dont attack the one in the net he cant do damage to you, attack the 1 not in the net!

It would not be OP and if you just change your melee button on fireteam you can swing your knife like a maniac even while you are sprinting.

Here’s a quick combo L2 then R2 to free a teammate, quickly.

I think that’s a decent amount of time to free your teammate.

na i disagree, play fireteam against me or someone else good as pered and well show u how to net and u will think its already OP from fireteam perspective.

Just be smart about ur net use. its not a face to face offencive weapon its a situational trap. Best used directly above or when they are close to a wall or flat surface as then they cant even move.

The net gun is meant for crowd control and that’s something it fails to do against a very well coordinated fire team.

All the net gun is right now, is just to bully noobs and The last Man standing.

its not meant as a crowd control atall, its meant to supress 1 persons fire for a few seconds so u can do damage to another person or get a quick claim in by reducing the incoming DPS.

its useless against a crowd and thats what i mean, you are using it in the wrong situation.

Crowd control would be a charged caster shot or a slam or some other AOE attack when they are all “crowded”.

The top piece of what you just explained is what crowd control is and I’m not going to sit there and charge up my shoulder Cannon just so my mask can get sniped off or my health bar depleted in seconds.
Even if I did pocket shots with my plasma caster it’s still basically suicide xD

7:45 it’s a perfect example of when the net gun actually feels like a net gun but it’s only because these were noobs and I was able to have my way with them the entire match. Lol

It should be used as an offensive weapon in fact it should be used with almost any melee build but it’s impossible because the net gun doesn’t do its job properly on keeping the DPS down against death squads

well ill agree deathsquads are OP, but thats a seperate issue in its self… but i dont think making pred weapons OP are the answer to that. and its fine that we both find a different use for the netgun i guess. i just think its already very powerful and i dont find any issues with it really.

When you use the caseter dont point it at them and charge u have to point it at something close to you and then when its charged fully then quickly move it onto them, or crouch and then stand to fire it… so they never see it coming. anyway im sure u know that and it is hard against a good squad for sure. but i disagree that making the net gun very powerful is the answer. but its fine to disagree.

1 Like

I appreciate you remaining very civil about the discussion and not beginning to curse in an unorthodox way at me just because we have different opinions. ;)

Hopefully we can run into each other in a public match or have a private match with some of my Melon Men to see ur net gun skills.

1 Like

To some extent i know what both of you guys @Slade_Viscus & @uk_spawn are saying and proving a point for net gun.

I’m gonna have to agree with both of you on these except you all are not thinking more in depth and out of the box… as crazy as i sound like its true, there is much more depth they can do for predator with the net gun… than simply having it so people can break out of it n shit…

Like my perspective on whole game tells me the net gun should be made so you can’t break out of it yourself BUT… it should not be made to be lethal on its own right… it should over time take the persons HP and like make him yell and alert his team… cause in all honesty the current net gun is way too weak when it comes to someone who knows how to deal with it and had previous experiences with it…

And then comes this fact that stands Fireteam is all about sticking together and not strand from one another now with that being said i want to point out how most do stay together and this can become a problem to the current net gun… cause it often feels so DULL when you fire it and it does nothing cause like others can break him out so easily and even himself can break out of it easily.

So what i propose is to make it so it takes like proper 3 knife hits from someone on your team which would require either one guy to fully focus on the guy who has been pinned by the net gun… or you can have all the team helping him out… so yeah the way i think is i try to think of like all these out of the box ideas what can happen if you net like one guy… and then you can like have either an option to slam on them which would end up freeing the netted guy and also deal damage to all 4… if they help him… or like 2 people will kinda be there to look out for the guy whos freeing the guy from net… so you can like do all these crazy plays with net gun rework that this guy suggested and preferably the one i suggest.

In all honesty… there needs to be some kind of logic here if one guy decides to run at you or two guys… you should be able to finish them off easily… but if its a full team then you need to like somehow make them group apart.

So i really think the net gun should be this gear you use to like punish someone who wants to go full rambo on you, and it should easily pin him down…

but make no mistake here… if you decide to like kill the guy in net… you will break him out of it if you punch him more than 3 times…

or if you slam it will break him out instantly…

1 Like

yeah adults can discuss and have different opinions and still be cool.

1 Like

Indeed

I use the net after downing a FT member. I net the teammate that tries to get him up, eventually the Dude on the ground bleeds out. Very useful strategy.