New Alert Team Spam!?

Why was this implemented? What is the point of alerting the team that reinforcements are available, also why is it spam-ablel? Literally some sort of beacon sound off the charts bc some 9 year old wants to get back in the game now now now…

2 Likes

What does it do when someone spams it? I havent noticed it yet

1 Like

It literally makes a notification sound but doesn’t do anything on the HUD. I pressed it whenever I was killed to see what it does, it doesn’t do anything.

This may be something they’re planning to implement later on. If they are they should not of included it bc it’s pointless right now from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

same sound as the usual invite? From the dead FT side, it just feels like its broken no matter how many times you hit space bar or the supposed button on the PS4. because there is no indication that it does anything. not a sound or not a notification.

Hasnt made a peep since I saw it

Was wondering what it did

1 Like

!!! There is no sound. Confirmed.

PLEASE DONT MAKE FALSE ACCUSATIONS.

I can confirm, on PS4, that pressing the button makes a noise for the alive FT members, but not the dead ones. It makes a little beep noise everytime it’s pressed. I’ve heard it myself and when it’s hit a couple of times its fine, but if it was hit over and over and over then yeeeeah it could be a little annoying, haha.

1 Like

ok. OK! on PC it makes no noise…neither side hears a thing.! Bug report has been issued.

I can confirm that there is indeed a sound but it is super faint. It really needs to be visual as well as a different sound, imo.

1 Like

It makes a sound for the alive ft members hear. Its rather annoying it just a ping sound over and over again. I had a dead player do it constantly I just left the match since I was the only one alive and was on the way to the reinforcements

I’ll admit I’ve spammed the shit out of it, only because dude ran off to hunt VT and the pred merked the rest of the team at the objective. So it was kind of a "Hey wanna join us " kinda thing

2 Likes

That’s different. The ppl spaming it on my game went to hunt the Predator after he killed a player was funny. I should have done the reinforcements and just ran away and let them come back lol

I think the dead players should have a cool-down after pressing the alert button. The Alive team members should get a small visual indicator maybe on the mini-map

Bendinglight we’ve played games before…i honestly haven’t heard a sound. I’kk check again tho lol

I’ll make sure to spam it so you can listen for the sound - it is hard to hear sometimes since it isn’t very distinctive. Would be a lot better if there was some sort of visual pop-up.

I heard it now.It almost sounds like a glitchy pickup sound. It definitely needs an update.

1 Like

I think it should be the soundbite of William Shatner screaming “I wanna live!” from that one episode of Star Trek. Think that would be both fitting and sufficient to get the remaining FT members attention

Or maybe just Hopper from Stranger Things saying ‘Hello’ over and over. Since Stranger Things is tied to Predator with Hopper getting skinned in the first movie, it would be somewhat fitting.

I recall during the trial demo that the actually words for Reinforncment Available popped up each time the guy pressed the button and the sound for “Invite” is executed. I wouldn’t mind that. Or maybe it play should play as an S.O.S. morse code.