New Melee button FT

@MassImpact124 - found that the ‘Q’ key was bound to two different things. Once I cleared that up, it started working again. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Nah, @Dexter I think you mis-understood what I said.

If Predator attacks you out of nowhere and you either parry an attack or you swing with the melee strike — continue to hold that melee button down for half a second then release, the knife 🔪 stays equipped in your hand replacing the gun you were previously holding.

Once you’ve done this it’s much easier to parry and knife attack; additionally, your knife swings do more damage whilst it’s properly equipped in your hand over the quick replace hit that swaps back to gun automatically.

@aaronBLUEeyes I did understand the first time just fine, and no, i don’t want to hold down the button to keep the knife in my hand, i want a new keybind that makes the knife stay in my hand no matter if i press the button or hold it, like i mentioned in my first post.

sometimes it doesn’t work when you try to do it in the middle of the predators attack.
I can be pretty sure that I hold down the button, but for some reason when the frame rate dips just a little bit, the game might glitch out and automatically bring it back to the gun. Happens to me a fair bit in the past. I learned to compensate and try to use the gun in hand but thats not the point.
Controls should work the way they were designed to and not us trying fiddle with it because of code issues, or latency issues, or because of a collision detection with a branch or something like that.

1 Like

It has never worked for me to keep the knife in the hand after a parry, which is why i want Illfonic to simply add a keybind to equip and keep the knife in your hand, you don’t have to hold the buttons to keep guns in your hands, so why should the knife be any different.
How hard can it be to add a keybind saying “Knife” and let us players bind it to whatever key we want?

1 Like

Apparently it should not be hard.Keybinds for Weapon 3 and 4 exists but doesnt work.

So easy to shoot then take out your knife… if you have a knife out and gun… you should have no ads.

I think part of the problem is there’s only so many buttons on a controller. I’ve managed to customize my Predator & FT buttons a little to be a better player.

Is there a Weapon Number associated with the knife that we could use to replace with the same keystroke the temporary knife swing as a key binding option?

For instance, on Predator Weapon 1 is always Plasma Caster, so I bound that to L1 aka Left Bumper.

@OldKingHamlet
Can your team fix this please? Add a button you don’t have to hold down to equip the knife, a simple quick push should put the knife in your character’s hands.

Hold triangle to pull knife

You should read the post before telling me to hold a button. :p

You should make better titles for your topics ;-p

Why? We need a new one.

What do you suggest?

All buttons are mapped out already I think.

One that you don’t have to hold down to equip ofcourse, a simple quick push should be enough.
You don’t hold down any button to equip your primary and secondary weapon, so why should the knife be any different? I’ve died so many times because my character brings back the gun after a parry.

Not only that but if you’re in the process of reloading ammo for a weapon and you choose to hold down for melee to immediate cancel out of ammo reload, and guess what? Not only does it melee ONCE, but it will go back to the weapon you just had in a state that hasn’t seen you reload ammo–which is what it should be but damn is it annoying!

Bumping.

@IllFonic
You guys need to add a new keybind that equips the knife in the hands after a quick push of the button NOT by holding the button down.
I hate when my character brings out the gun again after a parry and i want to run away a bit, with a gun in your hands you run much slower, i’ve been killed so many times because of this and it’s really bothering not to have such a keybind for the knife. I find it hard to believe that nobody has ever thought of this, adding a simple button with this function, all your other weapons and gear requires just a quick push of a button so why not have the same option for the knife?
Why would anyone ever want to go back to holding their gun when a Predator is hitting you in melee range?

1 Like

I’ve posted exactly what you’ve just ssaid Dexter like a month after release, its just you and me and a bunch of kids who don’t play as FT! They won’t like, listen or respond!
So at @Courier this time!

1 Like

@OldKingHamlet
Give this task to the guys please.

I think this is because you’re supposed to parry the Predator, and when it is stunned you continue to fire on it. If it attacks again you parry and repeat. This is my my main parry/melee tactic against Predators. They rush me, I parry the blow then fire my weapon into them, parry, fire, until they either get the hint and disengage or get second winded.

But I get your frustration. I’m on PS4, so I can quick equip my knife with R1 and stick motion because muscle memory knows where knife is slotted. Not sure how custom keys works for PC though.