New Melee button FT

If a Predator stays on me and i can’t get away then i want to make the secondary strong attack with the knife, i would never want to bring out my gun again after a parry.
Another reason why i want a new button for the knife is because your character makes loud sounds when hitting with the knife, and since you run faster while carrying the knife i wouldn’t want to get exposed to the Predator when switching over to the knife.

2 Likes

Bumping.
Illfonic, fix this for the next patch release, please.

1 Like

The problem with this is if you’re at the end of your ammo count and need to reload, you’re not even given enough time to do this while a predator is striking you.
Once you switch back to the gun after a parry, you’re automatially forced to the reload the weapon because of the gun return(even if you didn’t hit the reload button). I have written a post about this in detail.
The fact that another Melee press will allow you to counter another attack doesn’t get you clear of reloading on ammo and if you happen to strike melee again because you need to it will cancel out of the reload action (again)…This will happen forever, not by your choice, until the predator strikes you down in between.

The scenerio you’ve written makes sort of some sense, but the lack of control of this is infuriating!

1 Like

Arrow once showed me a trick that could solve your problem!

1. Press and Hold V (or other Button for Instant Knife Attacks)
  2. Quickly hit the Left Mouse Button (the primary attack button) twice.

You pull out the Knife, do 2-3 quick attacks in less than a second and stay on the Knife.
Hard to figure it out, but once you get it dialed in, it is destructive as hell.

I know about that #2 too. I didn’t want to say anything though. This double hit method only works coming after holding a weapon (doesn’t work when just holding the knife). Not sure why though but it does allow you to score 1 instant melee, and one direct melee attack, if not a third.

I would rather actually have a knife hotkey instead because these secret mechanics to me are just accidental. I don’t like that type of programming where error is just that…an error. To me it feels like an exploit kind of like Street Fighter2 freeze move…
and before you know it, its gone out of the game in the next patch.

I’m down for that. We got ‘select weapon 3\4’ btns, but they do nothing. At least one of them can pick up the knife.

Predator should be able to faint attacks to bait a fireteam melee attack and be able to parry that fire team player which would make him fly back, falling on his ass so a pred can follow up on a spear throw or 1 free melee hit…
26:03

Predator is so handicap rn its sad

No More ft anything. No More ft. More predator, more pigs, Sunday Sunday Sunday, predator BBQ grounds

1 Like